forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

I literally just woke up and I've been tagged in this for some reason and I don't even follow this chat.

@Nerdy_Theater_Kid
I have read through this whole thing.
May I just say
What the fuck
Go, sleep, take a chill pill, come back when your mind is clearer, and then we are going to have a little chit-chat.

also @ccb37, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for, you were in the right and were only trying to help.

@moss

I have been summoned?

Read the last page or two and you'll understand. It's not because anyone's mad at you, I promise

Haha yeah I read through. @Nerdy_Theater_Kid relax a bit. No one's gonna instantly interact with you since you've only been here for a little just be nice to people and you'll make friends eventually. And @ccb37 already apologized for her mistake. Just move on.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

It really depends what social media you use
Reddit’s got a heck ton of both extremes, half the popular subs are communist and the other day I got multiple DMs and full on pedophile accusations for saying trans people are part of LGBT
chill zoomers are the best zoomers, if they refer to themselves as left or right wing 90% of the time they’re not that great

Yeah I'm conservative Libertarian. But it's not Who I Am. I just hate people that can't chill and hang with people who believe different things.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Reddit’s got a heck ton of both extremes, half the popular subs are communist and the other day I got multiple DMs and full on pedophile accusations for saying trans people are part of LGBT
chill zoomers are the best zoomers, if they refer to themselves as left or right wing 90% of the time they’re not that great

Yeah I'm conservative Libertarian. But it's not Who I Am. I just hate people that can't chill and hang with people who believe different things.

Exactly. Like, I personally don't support abortion, but I can see the need for it. I myself don't want to get one ever, but I also don't want kids (so that means birth control lmao, I'm not a dumbass). But I do see the need for it, especially for victims of abuse and/or rape. My parents and grandparents and a lot of people my age can't see that; it's just not something that they understand. And it drives me insane. Like, it's not your fucking business what other people are doing. Ditto with the LGBTQ community. Like…acceptance for us does not equal less acceptance for you. It drives me insane and ugghhhh

just ignore me i'm tired and angry

@Pickles group

Oh my GOLD there's this kid at my school who literally said, "I don't want to be friends with her, she's a liberal" (wasn't about me, it was someone else who doesn't like him because he's a little bitch)
Even though she's infinitely nicer than him. And his girlfriend's a liberal. And bi. But his head's too far up his ass to remember that part

@ccb group

i'm pretty far left-wing and pretty vocal about it, but i try my best to be a good listener. the fundamental core of my beliefs is basically just "being Nice? Good. being Mean? Bad," and a lot of people have beliefs that stem from the same sentiment, even if they manifest differently than mine do. but i find that a lot of people (on either side of the aisle) who are as politically opinionated as i am believe what they believe out of a self-righteous "debate me!!!" kind of ethos. everyone thinks they're right about their own political opinions, but to act like the most important thing is being right and not doing and advocating for what you think is right is immature imo. i know so many people who i agree with on almost everything, but i have to question, do we agree, or is this just the high horse they've decided to hop on today?

Oi Dom, I just watched someone do the Mark Antony speech and thought of you lol

Ay that's cool. My favorite. It's such a good speech. Especially the end. Convey that with emotion and it's golden.

@moss

And @ccb37 already apologized for her mistake. Just move on.

Which wasn't even a mistake. She didn't do wrong.

yeah lets just stop speaking of this incident

Exactly. Like, I personally don't support abortion, but I can see the need for it. I myself don't want to get one ever, but I also don't want kids (so that means birth control lmao, I'm not a dumbass). But I do see the need for it, especially for victims of abuse and/or rape. My parents and grandparents and a lot of people my age can't see that; it's just not something that they understand. And it drives me insane. Like, it's not your fucking business what other people are doing. Ditto with the LGBTQ community. Like…acceptance for us does not equal less acceptance for you. It drives me insane and ugghhhh

Meanwhile I'm very Pro-Life and pretty anti gay. (Though politically I support gay marriage. Gov shouldn't prohibit anyone marrying.)
The important thing to remember is that we all want the same thing and just have gone different ways to try to get there.

i'm pretty far left-wing and pretty vocal about it, but i try my best to be a good listener. the fundamental core of my beliefs is basically just "being Nice? Good. being Mean? Bad," and a lot of people have beliefs that stem from the same sentiment, even if they manifest differently than mine do. but i find that a lot of people (on either side of the aisle) who are as politically opinionated as i am believe what they believe out of a self-righteous "debate me!!!" kind of ethos. everyone thinks they're right about their own political opinions, but to act like the most important thing is being right and not doing and advocating for what you think is right is immature imo. i know so many people who i agree with on almost everything, but i have to question, do we agree, or is this just the high horse they've decided to hop on today?

Well that's pretty vague imo. For me it's 1. Do what you said you would. 2. Don't encroach on people or their stuff.
I personally am extremely fond of argument. It gets what people really think in the open so I can tell who has better points.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Meanwhile I'm very Pro-Life and pretty anti gay. (Though politically I support gay marriage. Gov shouldn't prohibit anyone marrying.)
The important thing to remember is that we all want the same thing and just have gone different ways to try to get there.

Right. I'm neither pro-life or pro-choice, because I see the arguments behind both. I personally don't want to have an abortion, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop others from getting them. And I'm not anti LGBTQ because uh, I am LGBTQ, so that would be a pretty dumbass thing to be against

@ccb group

Well that's pretty vague imo. For me it's 1. Do what you said you would. 2. Don't encroach on people or their stuff.
I personally am extremely fond of argument. It gets what people really think in the open so I can tell who has better points.

oh yeah, don't get me wrong, talking things out is important. my beliefs are obviously a little more nuanced than that, but the "don't be a jerk" mentality is something a lot of people share regardless of political affiliation, which is why i kept it so vague. it just seems like some people only want to argue without a lot of authenticity behind it

@croccin-champagne

…..pro choice just means you understand letting other people decide regardless of your own opinions on abortion. it means that it's the woman in questions' choice what to do with her body, whether because of medical reasons, trauma, financial reasons, or just no interest in children

@ElderGod-Icefire

…..pro choice just means you understand letting other people decide regardless of your own opinions on abortion. it means that it's the woman in questions' choice what to do with her body, whether because of medical reasons, trauma, financial reasons, or just no interest in children

Okay so I guess I'm pro-choice then. Idk

@croccin-champagne

dfhdfghd all it is is recognizing that it isn't your choice, it's theirs. that's all there really is to it. you can hate abortion and still understand it's usefulness and how important it is to others. pro choice doesn't mean pro abortion necessarily.

@ElderGod-Icefire

ALSO so this has nothing to do with politics, I'm just pissed

I've been begging my parents to let me get Minecraft since i was 8 years old. fucking. eight. I've been begging them for literal years (since obviously i'm not eight anymore). The begging has slowed down over the years since I realized they were never going to say yes. Why? I have no fucking idea.

Fast forward to a few days ago, and my dad just casually tells my youngest brother (who is nine, by the way) "oh, we decided to let you get Minecraft" and I'm like "???". Because when I was nine I got lectured that they didn't want me playing it because it was addictive and stupid and blah blah blah, but now he just gets it after six months of asking??? It's not fair. And yes this is such a stupid thing to be angry about, but it happens over and over and over. I spend years begging for something and doing things to try and earn it, and it just gets handed to my brothers with no fighting. I spent years begging for a new Xbox, and then my brothers start asking, and BAM. Two months after they really start asking, my dad buys a brand-new Xbox One. And yes, I do get to play on it, but it still doesn't feel fair that I spend years begging for something, and then as soon as my siblings ask, they just get it without any of the fucking work and tears and years that I spend for the exact same thing. And again, I know this is such a stupid thing to be upset about, but I still am

@ElderGod-Icefire

dfhdfghd all it is is recognizing that it isn't your choice, it's theirs. that's all there really is to it. you can hate abortion and still understand it's usefulness and how important it is to others. pro choice doesn't mean pro abortion necessarily.

kjhsgbdj well I'm not always great at technical terms in politics, so thanks for clearing that up

(since obviously i'm not eight anymore).

See I'm suspicious about this. It's the internet after all. You never know who's on the other end of the screen.

Fast forward to a few days ago, and my dad just casually tells my youngest brother (who is nine, by the way) "oh, we decided to let you get Minecraft" and I'm like "???". Because when I was nine I got lectured that they didn't want me playing it because it was addictive and stupid and blah blah blah, but now he just gets it after six months of asking??? It's not fair. And yes this is such a stupid thing to be angry about, but it happens over and over and over. I spend years begging for something and doing things to try and earn it, and it just gets handed to my brothers with no fighting. I spent years begging for a new Xbox, and then my brothers start asking, and BAM. Two months after they really start asking, my dad buys a brand-new Xbox One. And yes, I do get to play on it, but it still doesn't feel fair that I spend years begging for something, and then as soon as my siblings ask, they just get it without any of the fucking work and tears and years that I spend for the exact same thing. And again, I know this is such a stupid thing to be upset about, but I still am

But yeah I feel you. That's laaaaaame.