forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

I've done Mock Trial and while it's obviously not the same as a normal jury, you really get to see how bias changes the outcome of cases
One case I did was a child abuse one iirc and the kids in the jury ignored the evidence I had for the defense and sided with the prosecution, despite there being visible holes in their story.

Mock Trials are stupid because everyone is a bunch of twelve year old shits who don't know what's going on and the jury votes for their friends. Mock Congress was stupid too because no one knew what was going on, no one cared at all, and nearly everyone's a bunch of slightly racist fuckheads who can't comprehend what's a good idea and what's a bad idea. Half of gen z literally sucks and we're all screwed. Sometimes I almost hope we all die of global warming so future generations don't have to deal with us being boomers. But maybe that's just my school

The lefty zoomers are pretty good, but the others…are not.

That's because gen Z is literally the representation of what's going on in our political parties. Z's raised conservatively/in a Republican home, that are Republicans themselves? Tend to be even more gung ho guns guns guns than their parents. Whereas lefty Z's tend to a bit more laid-back, at least in my experience

Big true. Most of my friends are either lefty zoomers or centrist/slightly conservative zoomers and all very chill, but there's a lot of super conservative zoomers that make me worried about our future. Apparently Tik Tok in particular has a ton of conservative zoomers.

Tik Tok zoomers deserve their own category and it should be said with more disdain than the way Republicans say "liberal"
When we did mock congress, this one pasty white boy who's never been discriminated against in his life stood up and gave a spiel about how affirmative action isn't fair and should be abolished. It should be noted that all our teacher said on affirmative action was that colleges might accept a girl or a person of color over a white boy with the same grades

Apparently Tik Tok might be banned soon, and tbh….I'm not upset about it-
Ew ew ewwwww what a dick

@ElderGod-kirky group

I've been raised by hardcore Republicans, and recently they've been all-out with buying guns, and my entire family (extended included) constantly try to pressure me into using/having a gun. My younger sister even goes with them when they go to shoot, so I totally get the "guns guns guns guns" for Republicans

@actual-fandom-trash

my household is weird cuz it's super conservative but it's not that bad
I mean my parents respect LGBTQ+ folk but they don't really accept it
idek they don't talk about politics very much but they'd probably disagree with a lot of the views I have now

Deleted user

It's annoying that everyone here values some people more than others. They pretend they care about what I have to say but nobody ever interacts with me even when I spend the whole night commenting. It's like there's popular kids and unpopular kids and I want to become a better writer but I can't do that when people are rude about my story and yell at me when I'm trying to vent. I see people quitting and I would join except I just keep taking breaks instead and also I haven't given up hope yet. But I want to.

Deleted user

Or maybe people just want to interact with their friends over literal strangers? Idk maybe that's just me though :/

I'm not trying to be rude or awkward. It's just that this seems like somewhere that people like me could finally have a voice but it's just like everywhere else.

@HighPockets group

Or maybe people just want to interact with their friends over literal strangers? Idk maybe that's just me though :/

I'm not trying to be rude or awkward. It's just that this seems like somewhere that people like me could finally have a voice but it's just like everywhere else.

Okay but you're sort of acting like you're entitled to everyone's time and you're not? You can talk all you want but I'm sorry, that doesn't guarantee that others will listen. Most of what I've seen from you has been talking about how no one pays attention to you as opposed to like, actually engaging with people.

Deleted user

Okay but you're sort of acting like you're entitled to everyone's time and you're not? You can talk all you want but I'm sorry, that doesn't guarantee that others will listen. Most of what I've seen from you has been talking about how no one pays attention to you as opposed to like, actually engaging with people.

I posted in other chats all the time. I share my characters and item ideas. I talked in th Hamilton chat. I'm not an entitled brat just a teen girl with no friends. Sorry for butting in and ruining even more stuff.

Deleted user

I never said you ruined anything?? Whatever. I'm not going to try and discuss this with someone intent on seeming like the victim.

I didn't want to get in a fight and I'm not trying to be the victim I jjst don't understand why you're making me feel this bad over a little mistake on the venting chat.

@HighPockets group

I never said you ruined anything?? Whatever. I'm not going to try and discuss this with someone intent on seeming like the victim.

I didn't want to get in a fight and I'm not trying to be the victim I jjst don't understand why you're making me feel this bad over a little mistake on the venting chat.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad over anything though? I've done nothing to lead you to that conclusion whatsoever?

@croccin-champagne

this isn't the venting chat hon, that's elsewhere. i'd link it but i'm too lazy lmao

Deleted user

this isn't the venting chat hon, that's elsewhere. i'd link it but i'm too lazy lmao

I vented in the venting chat and was brushed off.

@HighPockets group

Yeah, that happens to everyone.

@croccin-champagne

do you have the messages, or a link to the page? or do you mean that you were ignored? because i know the venting chat is a busy chat, and sometimes people accidentally get looked over as multiple messages come in

you also have to remember that sometimes people have no clue how to respond to some things, and often figure not saying anything is better than saying something stupid or bad.

@ElderGod-kirky group

Usually when people vent, they just want to do that: vent. Validation or sympathy isn't exactly what they're seeking

I could be wrong, of course, but that seems to be the general Thing people have when they're venting. Because it's a vent. It's getting something off your chest, not seeking advice (unless explicitly asked for afterwards)

Deleted user

do you have the messages, or a link to the page? or do you mean that you were ignored? because i know the venting chat is a busy chat, and sometimes people accidentally get looked over as multiple messages come in

you also have to remember that sometimes people have no clue how to respond to some things, and often figure not saying anything is better than saying something stupid or bad.

I wasn't ignored, I tried to ask that people tag triggers and when I asked someone specifically who talked about "giving up" and was on THAT PAGE people got passive aggressive.

@HighPockets group

Yes, and the OP of the chat literally decided to make the trigger tagging idea law. I don't know how that's being ignored?
Also it isn't being passive-aggressive to point out that crawling through the chat and quoting every potentially triggering comment to tell the poster to spoiler tag it is a bad idea :/

Deleted user

from what i see, it was accepted as a good idea and a chat rule?

When I said it generally yes. When I pointed to a specific example people got mad.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Hey it's oki, you're pretty new to the forums, it's perfectly alright to not quite blend in yet. your intentions weren't harmful, and I don't think anyone hates you over this.

Deleted user

Hey it's oki, you're pretty new to the forums, it's perfectly alright to not quite blend in yet. your intentions weren't harmful, and I don't think anyone hates you over this.

It feels like they do now.

@HighPockets group

Dude, no one hates you. No offense, but you seem to be having some sort of breakdown or panic attack (no shame, I get them too) based off of your comments, maybe log off for the night?

@croccin-champagne

people are just suggesting you calm down a bit, and have patience. that's all

Deleted user

people are just suggesting you calm down a bit, and have patience. that's all

I have patience every day. It's hard to calm down and have patience when everything's falling apart.