forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I live in Idaho, nothing's ever busy.

Luckyyy

I live in a big city but all the malls are dying
Luckily they still have BoxLunch and Hot Topic which is basically all I spend money on there

@spacebluelily language

We went to Walmart yesterday, and while my brother was in the toy section looking for a lego set to buy, I immediately ran to the book/movie/TV series section. I was on the hunt to buy a book, but it wasn't at Walmart. I wasn't surprised, because they never have the good stuff. I did find the 11th season of Doctor Who, though. So maybe Walmart isn't that bad. I'll try looking at Target. They'll most definitely have the book I'm looking for. I mean, they had a soundtrack for a musical that is at least 5 years old on sale the last time I went.

@ZephirFox8812

My mother is reading up on chest binders and she's probably not gonna let me get one

Cause all the articles she is reading are like 'trouble breathing, chronic back pain, stress fractures in ribs, fainting' blah blah blah

Deleted user

I mean those are risks, but they rarely happen and honestly as a trans person who has been binding for like, two, maybe three years, I can say that I’ve never had any problems with it.

Deleted user

Half binder, it’s easier to put on. And a lighter color, it’s cooler. Like white or light grey or yellow.

@Becfromthedead group

Okay, so I have a question.
Still trying to figure out gender stuff personally, so please no one take offense to anything (even though it shouldn't be harmful, I just have some genuine questions and I'm trying to see if I can find a label).
So gender-fluid. Does it only cover people who swing between masculine and feminine? Like I know a lot of afab genderfluid peeps on here feel very strongly masculine some days and more feminine on others (and sometimes enby/other identities as well). Or can you be genderfluid if you, let's say, swing between a moderate to small level of femininity to some sort of nb identity, to very slightly masculine (if at all)? Because that's about where I'm at.
We love questioning :(
I've been kind of tracking my identity over the last few weeks, and I don't really think nonbinary is a good label. And I could use genderqueer, as it's a decent catch-all term as well, but it doesn't sit right with me for some reason.
I know labels aren't necessary, but it's always nice to have language to describe what you're experiencing. So I was just very curious about this one. Obviously I don't want to call myself something I'm not.

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

I personally think genderfluid could cover that. However, I present-
Genderflux and fluxfluid. Simple explaintions:
Genderfluid: you could be green or blue or pink or other vibrant colors
Genderflux: monochromatic
Fluxfluid the entire color (aka gender) wheel. Any degree, can lean to more washed out of more vibrant, etc

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

You're welcome! They're pretty much more specific terms falling under genderfluid, but I enjoy learning about the lesser known identities (as far as I've heard about them at least)
Like, I'm technicality considered fluxfluid, but I'm more comfortable with genderfluid because more people recognize it as existing

@Becfromthedead group

Yeah, I gotcha!
Fluxfluid actually seems to be pretty close to what I'm feeling, but I also personally prefer using more recognized labels that are umbrella terms (like me using bi instead of omni to describe my sexuality).
All very interesting stuff, honestly.
Haven't 100% pinned down a label just yet, of course, but I did find all of this very helpful.

@Max_Miracle_DroppedMostOfTheirRPs

Hey Bec, another label I think you might find appealing is bigender
To explain it (probably very poorly oof) it’s when you fluctuate between two gender identities, experiencing them either simultaneously or at different times
Idk if this one would feel any closer since I think you said you’re more fem and enby leaning??