forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

I'm gonna punch your dad

That's literally awful and I'm literally furious enough that I can't put it into words other than I'm going to hit him. Actually no maybe punching him wouldn't work, I have the upper body strength of a blade of grass. I'll kick him in the knees with my Hockey Player LegsTM.

@d-r-e-a-m-s-e-q-u-e-n-c-e group

hey swim your dad can actually? fall down the stairs with his hands in his pockets

if you guys want i can hire someone to alter his life in miniscule ways until it slowly drives him insane. i know some people

or i can point you towards supply points for things such as diseased rats and/or black widow spiders to put in his underwear drawer 👀

i fucking love you swim and it hurts me SO much to see someone that provides you with life and is obligated to tolerate you disrespect your identity and shit on you like that. i'm not one to wish death on anybody but i'm just saying i wouldn't be distressed if he were to suddenly, say, catch syphilis

@berlioz

No no, they just failed. You expected just enough, you should be holding them to the standard of acceptance of their children. That's what good parents do. And they're not good parents. You didn't expect to much, they failed to meet the bare minimum of being decent people. Of course getting your hopes up can be dangerous, but keep holding them to the standard of decency. That'll help you understand that when they don't meet it, it's on them. Not you.

@Katastrophic group

Listen, even if anything is "just a phase" (not that it is) there's no reason to not support your children unless there are dangerous issues with it. A phase is a part of life, and if it does pass it will still be a part of you that they rejected.

That said, they should respect your decision even if they don't agree with it. It's not that hard to do the bare minimum of not saying mean shit and respecting people's name and body choices. It's all on them, not you, because they can't have the basic decency to be respectful of you.

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Oh, trust me, I'm used to them failing me by now. Even they admit that most everyone in my life does or did. Honestly, yeah, it's fucked me up in the head pretty bad, but I can handle it just like I have everyone else that has.

@Queue

I'm sorry it didn't go well :( It was incredibly brave of you to be able to come out to him
Also I volunteer to join the destruction crew

@larcenistarsonist group

;aksdjf

I just had the most awkward Thanksgiving ever :l

It was just silent and my mom just kept trying to talk, but it was weird and stuff and I never knew what to say so I was just like "uh-huh.." and "yup…" and halfway through my sister ditched me for like half an hour to "use the bathroom"

:l

Very awkward.

@larcenistarsonist group

Ha and then my dad just came and gave us a stern talking to yelled because I didn't say anything at dinner and didn't eat a lot. Well sorry if I dislike food. Sorry if I don't know what to say. SORRY if I despise getting my picture taken because I hate the way I look in them. Goddamnit I hate family-related holidays.

@Queue

That sounds really shitty I'm sorry, man I'm glad I only have to see my family once a year, maybe twice if someone gets marries or dies
Also I got invisilines today and restrict me from my 2 main anxious habits but they gave me these like rubber tubes that are supposed to help set the trays in place and I've been chewing on it for like 2 hours its just so nice

Deleted user

Are you a Freddie Mercury Gay, David Bowie Gay, or Indigo Girls Gay? I need this for… science.

Deleted user

Indigo Girls all the way. Joking and Least Complicated have the most homosexual vibes that I’ve ever heard, and quite frankly I don’t see why more people don’t appreciate their gay majesty.