forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@spacebluelily language

There was this time, I think it was last Sunday? I was playing Among Us and then this green fellow was following me. It was nice to have someone following you and saying you were safe and stuff. The next round, I was Imposter and the green fellow was still following me. I obviously couldn't do anything with Green around so I had to kill them. They left the game two minutes after their death.

Deleted user

I STARTED MY FIRST JOB TODAY!!!!
I ALMOST DIED FROM HEART ATTACKS AND FALLING ON MY FACE DUE TO LACK OF TRACKTION ON MY BOOTS AND A WET HARD WOOD FLOOR!!!!!
But yeah no I think It went pretty well.

@Milani eco

I STARTED MY FIRST JOB TODAY!!!!
I ALMOST DIED FROM HEART ATTACKS AND FALLING ON MY FACE DUE TO LACK OF TRACKTION ON MY BOOTS AND A WET HARD WOOD FLOOR!!!!!
But yeah no I think It went pretty well.

thats awesome!!!
i have never had a job.
what job is it?

Deleted user

A job at a restrant/ store.
Practically I'm learning the ropes from my dad. who also works there.

@Milani eco

cool! my sister worked at a restaurant that was run by her friends' dad. she got fired for being slow at learning tho, which is very unfair as she has adhd and autism!! same as me. im worried i might be bad at a job.

@Becfromthedead group

Yeah, I didn't even get to finish my training.
They weren't going to tell me why because it was an at-will kinda deal, but when I asked, my manager said I "wasn't showing enough initiative."
Like bro. If you don't know how do do half of the tasks in the job because your training was incomplete, how the fuck you gonna show initiative? Besides, I ALWAYS was monitoring the brick oven if I had nothing else to do, or I'd go in to cut and box if no one else was.
But no one showed me how to use the register or work line ever, or even do prep, so fuck me I guess.
But again, I have a good ass job that pays more than twice what I was making there so

@larcenistarsonist group

I think I'm gonna get a job as a tutor in a year or so. I've been recommended to do it by a lot of my teachers and it pays pretty well. I think I can handle helping a second grader with their math… I think.

@Becfromthedead group

Honestly, you can try, and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
If you're any good at explaining things, you should be fine, as long as you're not mean to children lmao

@larcenistarsonist group

Uh deep breaths, prepare lots of answers in your head, if it goes wrong (which it probably won't) make sure you have a safe place to go. Be open to questions. Lots of breathing, listen to some calming music beforehand. If you're out to a sibling maybe make sure that they're there too to back you up.

I'm hope this is helpful! Sorry I couldn't give more, I'm not out to my parents either :'D

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Okay, okay
I probably won't ask my brother for help, cause while he does know he's, aha, a transphobe. The thing that's causing this is my father saying that since the community doesn't directly affect me, I should be fine with his phobic comments
He accepted my brother being gay and hasn't done anything to him about it (even though my father is very much a Toxic Christian)