forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Ok so due to my undying curiosity, I really wanna know…

What does gender dysphoria feel like??? Since I have a hard time picturing emotions in my mind, could one of you explain it? It's totally cool if you don't want you, I'm just pretty curious.

My dysphoria is more social than physical. Really, I don't feel to bad about my body most days I might have trained myself to not think of my body as mine when I look in the mirror aha . Really, I just feel like nothing I do is ever going to change how people treat me, and I hate being treated like a woman. My family is big on 'being a gentleman' and whatnot, so more often than not I used to be forced to wait for my brother or father open doors for me, offer me their hand to help me in things, and stuff like that, and I always felt horrible about it. Then, when I found that me doing those things made me feel a lot better, along with he/him pronouns on what I've come to know as male days, it was hard to always be told "don't do that, you're a woman, you should have a man care for you." Well, I almost always think "but I want to be the man, I want to be a son." I want people to see me as and treat me as a man, if not so much change my body (but fck big boobles, I want a reduction because my back always ends u hurting after a long day bending over ;-;)

Deleted user

XE ALSO SENT ME:

• CANDY
  • TAROT CARD EARRINGS WITH THE SUN AND MOON (BECAUSE XE'RE THE SUN AND I'M THE MOON)
  • THREE CRYSTALS
  • A PIN THAT SAYS "ANYTHING CAN BE A MURDER WEAPON"
  • IF IT BLEEDS BY STEPHEN KING OH MY GOD XE KNOW ME SO WELL
  • STICKERS
  • A HOODIE
  • AND A BEAUTIFUL LETTER AUIDJFLFYGRFUDI

Ily bitch
You better email me tmmrw so I can bully you

Deleted user

okay BINDER UPDATE
FITS PERFECTLY
HURTS MY BACK A LIL BIT AND I'M STILL GETTING USED TO BREATHING
BUT IT'S VERY VERY GOOD AND I LOOK VERY NICE
AND REED IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

@berlioz

okay BINDER UPDATE
FITS PERFECTLY
HURTS MY BACK A LIL BIT AND I'M STILL GETTING USED TO BREATHING
BUT IT'S VERY VERY GOOD AND I LOOK VERY NICE
AND REED IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

AHH I'm so happy for youuu!!!!
Some tips you probably already know:
don't sleep in it
Breath with your chest. If you breath with your stomach, even for just a few breaths, the binder will constrict. You need to be constantly pushing against it so it doesn't get to tight around your ribs and lungs.
If you get dizzy, take it off
If your breathing is getting difficult, take a few deep chest breaths and if it still hurts/is difficult after that, take it off
don't fucking fall asleep in it

@The-Magician group

What does gender dysphoria feel like???

For me, gender dysphoria is a living nightmare. On days where I am the opposite gender to my assigned, I will look at myself and immediately start having a panic attack because my body isn’t correct. I remember experiencing this and having to go to work that day, only for it to become so much worse. Eventually I was sent home because I couldn’t focus properly.
Saying it’s horrible would be an understatement.

Deleted user

Do Not Do That
It doesnt matter if you dont feel anything, dont make it a habit or you will feel it

Deleted user

If Leo sleeps in it, I will know and I will commit crime

I will not :)

@berlioz

Lol the first time I put on a binder I was like oh God imma dislocated both my shoulders I'm stuck I'm stuck I'm stuck
But after a few days of practice I could slip into it pretty easy

@Reblod flag

What does gender dysphoria feel like??? Since I have a hard time picturing emotions in my mind, could one of you explain it? It's totally cool if you don't want you, I'm just pretty curious.

Kind of like wearing clothes that you hate and they're too tight or uncomfortable but it's your flesh and you can't just take it off
It's an overwhelming feeling of wrongness and intense discomfort like you'd rather just stop existing because it feels like you're not even existing properly
If that makes sense

Deleted user

I think my binder might be a bit too loose. Like around my stomach and stuff it’s a bit too loose and sticks out which makes it a bit obvious on tighter shirts :/

Honestly as long as it keeps the tiddies down, it’s working.

@d-r-e-a-m-s-e-q-u-e-n-c-e group

I think my binder might be a bit too loose. Like around my stomach and stuff it’s a bit too loose and sticks out which makes it a bit obvious on tighter shirts :/

preach

@darling-velocipede group

it's feeling out of place in your own body. it's a feeling that gets worse the more you think about it– the more aware i am of my own physical presence. it's a stress about every action. is my walk masc enough? are my shoulders fem enough? tiny things can seem staggeringly huge. things disappoint you and can send you spiraling. you find the perfect clothes that are exactly what you want to wear, and it's too tight for your chest, too small for your legs, you can see your cleavage, your bulge, or lack thereof and it makes you feel ill. it's dreading when someone says 'bring your attention to your body and breathe. how do you feel?' because the answer is petrified and angry and upset and disappointing and self-hating, because even after all of this and all of the desperation you feel, you're still 'faking it' and 'causing problems for real trans people'. at least, that's my experience, as a non-binary kid.

@Max_Miracle_DroppedMostOfTheirRPs

preach

I mean yeah-

@Becfromthedead group

So I've thought about binding before (and not for all the time, just some days), and I was wondering if there are any compression sports bras that might be better alternatives for me personally.
Like I'm pretty small-chested, and I don't experience dysphoria, so binding seems like a little more trouble than necessary in my case.
Anyone have any recommendations as far as brands?

Deleted user

Tomboyx has these things called compression tops that aren't binders, they're pretty much compression sports bras?

Deleted user

I love Tomboyx, I could spend my entire bank account on that site