forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@murphysgirl

What does that word even mean?

It's a volcano covered in an ice cap! :)
It's in Iceland

The only reason I know that even exists is because of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

@Relsey

You know, at this point I don't read through the history section of my humanities reading to learn the history, I read it to see just how much detail they left out, or what curtail plot points were left out to paint the picture they want. It's great, I love going to a religious school really just, gives you the best information….

For the last freaking time the tea act didn't make tea prices higher it was made lower, the one that put the tax on the tea was the Townshend act like 7 years earlier. The reason we got pissy about it was it was making a monopoly that undercut American merchants/ smugglers, who had been getting tea illegally and selling it, keeping the tea market in the hands of the colonists but the British were trying to create a monopoly so they could sell extra tea from there nearly bankrupt tea company. The Tea act made Tea directly from the British cheaper than the tea smuggled in. That's why the freaking Boston tea party happened, get your facts straight.

Sorry, I just got a little frustrated, moving on.

@murphysgirl

You know, at this point I don't read through the history section of my humanities reading to learn the history, I read it to see just how much detail they left out, or what curtail plot points were left out to paint the picture they want. It's great, I love going to a religious school really just, gives you the best information….

For the last freaking time the tea act didn't make tea prices higher it was made lower, the one that put the tax on the tea was the Townshend act like 7 years earlier. The reason we got pissy about it was it was making a monopoly that undercut American merchants/ smugglers, who had been getting tea illegally and selling it, keeping the tea market in the hands of the colonists but the British were trying to create a monopoly so they could sell extra tea from there nearly bankrupt tea company. The Tea act made Tea directly from the British cheaper than the tea smuggled in. That's why the freaking Boston tea party happened, get your facts straight.

Sorry, I just got a little frustrated, moving on.

You know what also makes me mad about history, is how most history books leave out what a horrible person Christopher Columbus was.

@Relsey

You know what also makes me mad about history, is how most history books leave out what a horrible person Christopher Columbus was.

Right! Like He was literally arrested for being a horrible person, we have his diaries/ journals where he's just treating people like dirt and gifting indigenous woman to his sailors and letting said sailors treat them like no living thing should ever be treated. But NOoOOOOooOOOo

@murphysgirl

Right! Like He was literally arrested for being a horrible person, we have his diaries/ journals where he's just treating people like dirt and gifting indigenous woman to his sailors and letting said sailors treat them like no living thing should ever be treated. But NOoOOOOooOOOo

The dude was - not martyred, but the same idea? Where someone dies having done something "noble" and everyone just conveniently forgets literally everything else about their life. If I was the US President rn I'd issue an executive order forcing every single Columbus-related thing to be torn down and replaced with a tribute to someone who actually did something significant, like the Vikings who actually discovered America, or Jim Clark or Sabine Schmitz.

@Relsey

The dude was - not martyred, but the same idea? Where someone dies having done something "noble" and everyone just conveniently forgets literally everything else about their life. If I was the US President rn I'd issue an executive order forcing every single Columbus-related thing to be torn down and replaced with a tribute to someone who actually did something significant, like the Vikings who actually discovered America, or Jim Clark or Sabine Schmitz.

Idolized, Glorified? I don't know if wither of those words are the right word either but I understand what you're saying.

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Guess who has multiple job interviews?
I refuse to do fast food or to work in a restaurant, nor will I go somewhere that's associated with a union. That said, I got some department stores interested in me! Finally getting out of this rut I've been stuck in!!! 😁

@FanfictionFanatic-The-Elder group

Unless you have thick skin and an inhuman amount of patience, I don't recommend working in retail. It sucks big time. Customers are self-entitled morons who think they’re all was right and know everything when they know absolutely nothing and are wrong 90% of the time.

And a kindergartener puts things back where they belong better than those “adults” who come into the store.

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Guess who has multiple job interviews?
I refuse to do fast food or to work in a restaurant,

Why

nor will I go somewhere that's associated with a union.

And why

1. I don't think I'd be able to handle things during busy shifts, and I'd like to break the cycle in my family of us working fast food/restaurants.

2. Unions get money from their employees. Essentially, they take the money that should be your wage and deduct part of your payment.

@murphysgirl

I got really lucky and managed to snag an office job. And having gone through a year and a half of working at a farm shop and two months of working at a cookie place, I can tell you, this is smooth sailing.

@Starfast group

And a kindergartener puts things back where they belong better than those “adults” who come into the store.

Omg for real though. We have people at my store who will change their mind about frozen items and then just leave them on a random shelf. If you're not going to put it back where it belongs at least put it in a refrigerated section of the store, otherwise we have to throw it out, which is such a waste.
Customers are so dumb.

@catnap group

i have a math test tomorrow and its kinda important and i have a low grade in that class so i really have to do well but like i dont feel like studying
might later idkk

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Try me.
Tempo: 131 BPM. It can also be used half-time at 66 BPM or double-time at 262 BPM.
Time signature begins in 4/4, other time signatures show up, such as 7/8 and 5/4, and the guitar solo is in 6/4.
The song is in the key of B flat Major, but C sharp/ D flat is an alternate.