forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@murphysgirl

Anyone have any fun/exciting/interesting ideas that you're working on/wanting to do?

I made a Demon's Hunt au with my friend where Beth is alive; she and George are divorced and have "joint custody" over William. (If you know what Demon's Hunt is, you know.)

Well, yesterday I was having another of my many shower thoughts and decided that a brilliant book title would be Epiphanies of an Overburdened God. But all I have so far is the title. And that the god in the title overthinks things and that the whole story would just be him overthinking things. And yeah.

@murphysgirl

Okay…. That sounds like a great title! Where would this god of yours get conflict?

Basically the idea was, he's kind of a Watcher/He Who Remains kind of dude, who ponders what the race he's created (it could be humanity, that's left for the reader to decide) has done and considers wiping them out and starting anew or something… idk. I have the barebones idea and the title. And that's about it, folks.

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Okay…. That sounds like a great title! Where would this god of yours get conflict?

Basically the idea was, he's kind of a Watcher/He Who Remains kind of dude, who ponders what the race he's created (it could be humanity, that's left for the reader to decide) has done and considers wiping them out and starting anew or something… idk. I have the barebones idea and the title. And that's about it, folks.

Interesting idea.

@murphysgirl

I have spent the last twenty or so minutes typing this

The thing about the Grid time system is that in Legacy, Kevin Flynn says "hours in here [are] just minutes back home". He also says that the portal closes in "one millicycle, about eight hours". The root 'milli' means 'thousand', so that means a cycle is 8,000 hours. One year in Earth time is 8,760 hours. So that would mean that for programs, a cycle lasts about a year. However, we know that to not be true due to Uprising, in which it's implied that a cycle is about equal to a day. But that also doesn't make sense if you take what Zuse says to Clu in the End of Line scene: "How long have you been looking for [Flynn's disc]? About a thousand cycles?" Flynn disappeared when Sam was seven years old (we know this because Alan says the page number has been disconnected for 20 years, and Sam is 27 in the movie), and if we take Grid years to be roughly equal to Earth years, that means that Flynn would have been in the Grid for 7,300 cycles. Zuse's point was to hyperbolate, and so he would have said "ten thousand cycles" (or similar) if that were true. So we must assume that the length of a cycle is neither a day nor a year, but rather something in between. A popular belief is that one year in Earth time is equal to around 50 Grid cycles, which would make a cycle last around a week (7.3 days to be exact). Once I become rich and famous and buy the rights to Tron from Disney, I'm talking to the Tron directors and setting up a proper time system once and for all, because there's too much discord between Legacy and Uprising. I typically use the Minecraft system (there are 24,000 ticks in a Minecraft day, which lasts around 20 minutes). But if you want, we can use "microcycle" ('micro' has no numeric conversion, so using it is safe) to mean roughly a day. It's hard to find a name for something smaller than microcycles because the words that come to mind that you could use - millicycle, centicycle - imply counts of one thousand or one hundred, respectively, to form one cycle. That is, unless we use what I like to call the "centipede phenomenon". If you look at its Latin roots, the word "centipede" means "hundred feet". But no centipede has ever been found with one hundred feet, making the name "centipede" more abstract than literal, and the same concept could be applied to something like a millicycle or centicycle.

@CaseyJ group

So, I need a break..not really from this but uh… I forgot how to do the censoring thing so..yeah…I have been having a rough time…and honestly..I just..need to figure myself out some yk?

@Space group

I feel like shit. I think my best friend is cold and distant to me now. I did nothing wrong but suddenly they're sitting with a 'popular' group and their personality is so different now. Also, we'd always slipt up after lunch to go to class but she made a whole separate trip to walk with them but never did that with me even though it's the same way as the other group. Even when we walk together in the hallway, they walk so much faster and in front of me, or they do that thing where "the sidewalk is only big enough for a few people so you have to walk behind everyone."

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

I feel like shit. I think my best friend is cold and distant to me now. I did nothing wrong but suddenly they're sitting with a 'popular' group and their personality is so different now. Also, we'd always slipt up after lunch to go to class but she made a whole separate trip to walk with them but never did that with me even though it's the same way as the other group. Even when we walk together in the hallway, they walk so much faster and in front of me, or they do that thing where "the sidewalk is only big enough for a few people so you have to walk behind everyone."

Understandable why you’re upset. Ya know if you’re looking for colleges……. I know a great one in SC! You could come be at school with me! I mean it is private and a Christian school, but it’s super chill bruh.

@murphysgirl

What about a fluffy shep sidekick?

Debatable. Does she have untold amounts of money and political influence?

No, but she is the most bestness of a shep who love to have a happiness of a fluffy eat of sugar, and who will do a bites of anyone who is mean to the fluffy shep. Oh and she can summon portals.

@Musical_Queen

Anyone have any fun/exciting/interesting ideas that you're working on/wanting to do?

I made a Demon's Hunt au with my friend where Beth is alive; she and George are divorced and have "joint custody" over William. (If you know what Demon's Hunt is, you know.)

My friend and I are making little fairy portal out of some old tea sets. We were bored and on a zoom call (even thought we live like 2 minutes away) and were planning out a date to the ostrich farm (if you live in AZ you probably know what I mean) because we were bored and with us having ADHD we lost our train of thoughts and started planning out how to make fairy portals out of tea sets

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

My friend and I are making little fairy portal out of some old tea sets. We were bored and on a zoom call (even thought we live like 2 minutes away) and were planning out a date to the ostrich farm (if you live in AZ you probably know what I mean) because we were bored and with us having ADHD we lost our train of thoughts and started planning out how to make fairy portals out of tea sets

I’m gonna high key attempt to make Astrid’s armor from How To Train You Dragon 3. Or Valka’s. I just gotta determine which one I want to do.