forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

When you remember a taste and yet cannot even feel the ghost of it on your tongue, what is left? If you can feel the pain as another is hit and remain unhurt what is it that you feel?
The dream flutters in the mind like a scrap of spiderweb, there and then not; gone and then before you. The edges taste like fog and smell like cold air. The memories are likewise, always flitting, rarely lit, ready to dance away at a moment. There are softer than mouse fur and heavy as moonlight.
Does that answer your question?

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

When you remember a taste and yet cannot even feel the ghost of it on your tongue, what is left? If you can feel the pain as another is hit and remain unhurt what is it that you feel?
The dream flutters in the mind like a scrap of spiderweb, there and then not; gone and then before you. The edges taste like fog and smell like cold air. The memories are likewise, always flitting, rarely lit, ready to dance away at a moment. There are softer than mouse fur and heavy as moonlight.
Does that answer your question?

Yes and no. Everything feels real to me. Dream, memory, awake. There is no in between. I'm always caught between living and dying. I'm the gray space in between. I feel and understand in sleep and wake up feeling and understanding what I saw. It does not fade away, and as I grow older it only becomes stronger. I cannot tell if I am cursed, or I just have a mind that cannot calm down. I guess it's just Hyperphantasia at its finest. What I'm trying to say is that I physically cannot fathom why there's no difference for you, when there's always been a stark difference for me. I just can't imagine it. To me, it doesn't seem possible. Does that tell you why I'm struggling? I can't physically picture it. I just don't know what's wrong with my mind, or with me. I actually kinda thought that it was like what I was experiencing for everyone. But this is indeed interesting. Tell me more. I would like to understand it better. I would like to learn.

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

In my case, both of them are solid. It's freaking weird man. Think of it as in my case like seeing identical twins. There's obviously a difference between the two, but it's hard to distinguish between the two. You know which is which and you know you're friends with both but sometimes you mix up their names. It's like that kinda deal for me.

Deleted user

If this pandemic doesn’t fucking end soon, I’m about to write a whole ass musical.
who’s with me

I feel this on so many levels

@Mojack group

This isn’t a TIL, this is more like “I’ve known about this person for a while and I think more people should know about him too” sort of thing

Francis Pegahmagabow. Is the name familiar? Yes? No?

He’s the most successful marksman in WW1, and technically the most successful in history if you count captures (Simo Häyhä, another neat person may have killed more but Pegahmagabow captured more).
He killed 378 enemies with his Ross rifle (which is pretty impressive, because in WW1 Ross rifles weren’t very good; they jammed a lot primarily due to battlefield conditions and just flaws in production) and captured another 300.
He was a Canadian First Nations soldier, politician and activist. When his company was in danger of being surrounded (and low on ammo) he went into No Man’s Land with his rifle and brought back enough ammo for his post to carry on. He received a second Bar to his military medal, one of only 39 Canadians to receive this honour.

I’m sure people are also familiar with the mistreatment of indigenous people and minorities as well. Despite this, he volunteered for service in August of 1914. He fought for almost the entire war. The most highly decorated Canadian indigenous soldier in history too.

One of my favourites about him: he was known for sneaking into German trenches at night and stealing their badges and buttons while they slept.

Deleted user

So who wants to join me in writing a musical, until this pandemic is over?

Sure!