forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

to be completely honest
i know i am Extremely Catholic<TM but i really hate the idea of an afterlife
it’s fecking terrifying, regardless of where you end up
having to continue existing forever… and ever… and ever…
80 years already sounds like hell i don’t want any more

i’m hoping there’s either rebirth or just no longer existing because that would be a lot less scary imo

I mean, existing forever would be awesome if there wasn't any lameness going on. Which is part of the deal if we get there.

Can I be the lonely child cause ngl an Icelandic dragon sounds lit

I will spend summer in Ireland so I can be aesthetic in the Forrest, A trip will be made to New Zealand for LOTR reasons. I will allow you to be the lonely child on such a trip

The most valid reason to go to New Zealand,

hah I most recently started believing in philosophy (I think I finally settled down; I might start actually practicing it soon). More specifically, I believe in Stoicism, and they believe in Momento Mori or “Remember death”. They don’t believe in being afraid of death, but rather if you live your life ethically and freely, without fear of death (for it is just natural), death will treat you kindly. It’s so fascinating and honestly, ngl, I kinda love it. If you’re interested in more, you should definitely PM me.

OH MY GOSH THE STOICS ARE SO INTERESTING! They believed that the world was created by a divine logical mind and that all humans had that spark of the divine mind inside of them and were therefore equal. They were (to my limited knowledge) the first group to be strongly against slavery because of that!

Deleted user

hah I most recently started believing in philosophy (I think I finally settled down; I might start actually practicing it soon). More specifically, I believe in Stoicism, and they believe in Momento Mori or “Remember death”. They don’t believe in being afraid of death, but rather if you live your life ethically and freely, without fear of death (for it is just natural), death will treat you kindly. It’s so fascinating and honestly, ngl, I kinda love it. If you’re interested in more, you should definitely PM me.

OH MY GOSH THE STOICS ARE SO INTERESTING! They believed that the world was created by a divine logical mind and that all humans had that spark of the divine mind inside of them and were therefore equal. They were (to my limited knowledge) the first group to be strongly against slavery because of that!

!!!!!!! They believe in everyone being equal, and everyone has untold potential inside of them, so no one can look down upon another without defying natural human morals. It’s so freaking cool ~D~

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

to be completely honest
i know i am Extremely CatholicTM but i really hate the idea of an afterlife

i’m hoping there’s either rebirth or just no longer existing because that would be a lot less scary imo

I mean, existing forever would be awesome if there wasn't any lameness going on. Which is part of the deal if we get there.

yeah, but what about everyone else?
not all of my friends are going to make it-
am i just gonna forget them?
or worse, know full well that they're suffering and continue to live on in bliss without them?
is that not messed up?

and it's also quite scary cause once you're there, that's it. there's no escape. nothing else to look for, nowhere out, that's all there is forever
like paradise is cool but the same paradise
forever
eternity's a long hecking time-
i know i'll never be able to understand it until i'm there, but from my flawed human grasp, it's terrifying. i don't like it. i'd rather disappear into a puff of glitter, maybe have a few years where my soul kinda wanders in some lucid dreamland of memories, and then vanish as if nothing ever happened
that sounds great
hey god, can you make an exception for me? so i can do that instead? thank-

When one of your history assignments wants you to find differences and similarities between British Officers and Indian servants and you can't just write down white privilege under differences and be done with it :))))

I think the name White Privilege is a misnomer. It should be called Brown Disadvantage.

@Pickles group

When one of your history assignments wants you to find differences and similarities between British Officers and Indian servants and you can't just write down white privilege under differences and be done with it :))))

I think the name White Privilege is a misnomer. It should be called Brown Disadvantage.

tea

@Kie group

I suppose so?

Anyways, friendly advice: Don't fall asleep at 2 AM after only having 4 hours of sleep the previous day. I slept over half of the the day and feel like crap.

@brb

I see
Well, either way welcome back Maia!
Glad you're alive

How have you been???

thank you. i missed you izzy! <3 i've mostly been tired. and i finally started writing.

!!!!!!! They believe in everyone being equal, and everyone has untold potential inside of them, so no one can look down upon another without defying natural human morals. It’s so freaking cool ~D~

Low-key really happy for you.

to be completely honest
i know i am Extremely CatholicTM but i really hate the idea of an afterlife

yeah, but what about everyone else?
not all of my friends are going to make it-
am i just gonna forget them?
or worse, know full well that they're suffering and continue to live on in bliss without them?
is that not messed up?

and it's also quite scary cause once you're there, that's it. there's no escape. nothing else to look for, nowhere out, that's all there is forever
like paradise is cool but the same paradise
forever
eternity's a long hecking time-
i know i'll never be able to understand it until i'm there, but from my flawed human grasp, it's terrifying. i don't like it. i'd rather disappear into a puff of glitter, maybe have a few years where my soul kinda wanders in some lucid dreamland of memories, and then vanish as if nothing ever happened
that sounds great
hey god, can you make an exception for me? so i can do that instead? thank-

Well, I can be sure life after death is the best ever because God.
As for the people left behind, C.S. Lewis said that them pulling at your heart would not happen because that would allow hell a victory over heaven.
And also. We don't know where everyone ends up. Not our job. That's the real Don't Judge.

Deleted user

Aight. I'ma head out to a party.

Social distancing??????

Deleted user

I was downtown walking the other day and a guy was just playing the violin while he walked with his wife and kid.

Deleted user

lowkey kinda wanna play my flute outside sometime, tho

@Pickles group

Your neighbour was playing the violin… outside?

A few years ago there was a sixth grader on my bus who (loudly and badly) practiced his trombone on his porch