forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

Deleted user

Okay I know I'm WAY behind, but Ella, your pfp is so damn cute!! My little cousin has a chinchilla as a pet and her name is Chinetta.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

today b the day

Wait the day of what?

getting a diagnosis for whatever the heck is wrong with my brain and then my first ever sleepover with my best friend

@berlioz

today b the day

Wait the day of what?

getting a diagnosis for whatever the heck is wrong with my brain and then my first ever sleepover with my best friend

Oh, congrats!

Deleted user

The diagnosis appointment is scary. If they put you on meds– Which, seeing as you're having some trouble with suicidal thoughts, is pretty likely– that's scary too. Just be honest, El. No matter what they ask, be. Honest. Tell the truth.

Deleted user

Today will probably just be you going in and seeing the head of staff of the therapists near your area. You’ll get diagnosed (asked a bunch of questions that you MUST answer truthfully, no matter if your parents are in the room), they’ll suggest a therapist to you who might match your personality.

You won’t get therapy today, but you will get the starting steps to it. And just remember to be really picky with your therapist. I wasn’t, and I sorta paid the price for that. Make sure it’s someone you trust.

@saor_illust school

wait sometimes they let you pick your therapists?

for reasons i wont share, i was put in therapy a couple years back
didn't like the experience at all
kinda thought i was stuck with that lady until i was like
released or whatever
she kinda gave off "i know you very well so now spill all your secrets and thoughts and feelings to me" vibes imo

Deleted user

yeah, if you don't really like the therapist, it's gonna suck

Deleted user

Yeah they do let you. They should. You have a say (actually full say) in what goes on with your therapy sessions as far as I’m concerned.

Deleted user

yeah, if you don't really like the therapist, it's gonna suck

^^^^^^^^^

I feel this, even though I essentially said it