forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@berlioz

We're all backing you on this, Ella, because we know you can do this and we know you need to do this. Full send my dude. From the film We Bought a Zoo- "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
Find your twenety seconds. Write it down. Get it done. Tommorow.

"The sun will rise and we will try again."

@Relsey

Ella I know you can do this, I know it. I'm so proud of you so so proud. You're doing a really hard thing but I know you can do this.

Deleted user

"Success is my only motherfucking option, failure's not." - Eminem.

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

I just wanna curl up somewhere and cry for a while, but there's far too much work to be done. Loving that my community is pulling together during our (dare I say "apocalyptic") crisis. Countless people are clearing debris, retrieving and returning personal items, providing shelter to those that need it. People are even donating clothing, bedding, and offering to let others use their shower. The overwhelming support of mere strangers from other areas and states is… well, it's astounding! Tears of both joy, gratitude, and sadness shall eventually be shed.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

also Nate told me that he believes I can get it, and have a relatively high chance of getting it and it meant a lot to me. He’s not exactly the “I’m gonna hide my true feelings” type, and would’ve told me if I couldn’t do it. i feel speciall

I'm glad.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I just wanna curl up somewhere and cry for a while, but there's far too much work to be done. Loving that my community is pulling together during our (dare I say "apocalyptic") crisis. Countless people are clearing debris, retrieving and returning personal items, providing shelter to those that need it. People are even donating clothing, bedding, and offering to let others use their shower. The overwhelming support of mere strangers from other areas and states is… well, it's astounding! Tears of both joy, gratitude, and sadness shall eventually be shed.

In the worst times, the best of humanity shows.

@Relsey

And the worst , kinda depends on the person.

My community has always been kind, caring, and welcoming. Right now the only people that we are not welcoming to are the disaster tourists that just wanna come and look at the damage. Part of me is understanding of this since it is a historic event, however I am also saying "don't come here if you aren't gonna help" (with a few choice words thrown in). As @Relsey said, it can also bring out terrible people.

@The-Magician group

Bruh that sucks so hard. I'm sorry.

Mhm. And the worst part is that up until this morning, I thought i had done okay on the final. I was pretty sure that I would get at least a decent score. But I didn't, I failed it somehow and I don't understand what I did wrong??

Okay I don’t know what they’re teaching you over there, but C is not a fail. Like, by any means.
Over here, if we manage to get even a low C, we’re crying tears of happiness because the exams are feckin atrocities that need to be burned in hell.
Cs get degrees kids, just saying.

@Fraust

And a D is not a failing grade mother
It's just below average and it's chemistry, fuck off
And I'm going wild in the discord 👀

And a D is not a failing grade mother
It's just below average and it's chemistry, fuck off
And I'm going wild in the discord 👀

While I was in school I got lucky…. As long as I was passing my parents didn't care.

@Moxie group

Mhm. And the worst part is that up until this morning, I thought i had done okay on the final. I was pretty sure that I would get at least a decent score. But I didn't, I failed it somehow and I don't understand what I did wrong??

Okay I don’t know what they’re teaching you over there, but C is not a fail. Like, by any means.
Over here, if we manage to get even a low C, we’re crying tears of happiness because the exams are feckin atrocities that need to be burned in hell.

Okay yes that's great for college and all but grades actually do matter quite a bit in highschool because the colleges we're trying to get into really look at that shit.

But that's not relevant to this situation Ice because you tried really really hard. And we're all super proud of you and I'm really sorry your parents are shitty and don't see how hard you tried.

@Relsey

Tell that to the American school system, you wanna know why we're all messed up, that's where you look.
Chemistry is crazy hard for a lot of people including me, you have to build up an entirely new way of thinking. By the time most of study Chemistry, that's physically really hard to do, our brains just really don't want to do anymore rebuilding. Chemistry is crazy crazy hard and our brains literally don't want to learn it. You shouldn't feel bad about that grade.

@Fraust

Legitimately I do not care about my grades as long as I'm not failing
My parents disagree
However, it's not exactly easy to just "make motivation for myself" like they so often tell me to do because I honestly can't imagine living long enough that my grades would matter a single fucking bit

@The-Magician group

Okay yes that's great for college and all but grades actually do matter quite a bit in highschool because the colleges we're trying to get into really look at that shit.

I was talking about high school, don’t even get me started on the exam situation for college

@The-Magician group

Tell that to the American school system, you wanna know why we're all messed up, that's where you look.
Chemistry is crazy hard for a lot of people including me, you have to build up an entirely new way of thinking. By the time most of study Chemistry, that's physically really hard to do, our brains just really don't want to do anymore rebuilding. Chemistry is crazy crazy hard and our brains literally don't want to learn it. You shouldn't feel bad about that grade.

That’s the same over here, apart from the fact that every subject is physically hard to do unless you are naturally “gifted and talented” and are in the top classes. And even then, we still found it hard.
As well as the Biology, Physics and Chemistry, those who were the best of the best in science also had to do Astronomy and Environmental Science. Not even the colleges around here do Astronomy…