forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Can't find any good enough self-portrait references, went over to the Not At All Sketchy chinese pinterest ripoff to find some more photos, and now i can't decide.

@Moxie group

i want to paint another digital portrait with all the new brushes i've made
but i don't know who or what to draw
my "pretty women for drawing purposes and nothing sketchy i swear" folder is failing me
help

Draw me ^-^
jk jk lol

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

i don't know if these links work but someone pick one

one of them already looks like it's probably a digital painting but google says could not translate so i have no idea

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Update: my little sister has gotten so desperate for robux that she's trying free robux links
you know, the world's most obvious hacking scam
child
that is my email on your account, don't you mcfecking dare-

@saor_illust school

oh my god
i used to do that, actually
but don't blame me
i was like,,, 6 at the time
i kinda gave up after i got tired of the endless questions

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Sara
the older little one
she wants to spend 20 more dollars on a roleplaying minigame, which she already spent 5 dollars to be able to play

Deleted user

When you go shopping and can't tell if you're dizzy and lightheaded from anxiety, the lack of oxygen through your mask, or the migraine you have again

@Pickles group

Do you ever word something poorly but you don't know how else to phrase it and you end up hating yourself because it's exactly the thing you see someone else say and groan because it sounds disgusting

@Relsey

Welcome to English Essay's 101, I'm Relsey your instructor.
Now it's important to note that English Essay's are extremely broad concerning topics and prompts so if you want me to dive into each of the three major types of essay's you will get for an English class ( synthesis, rhetorical analysis, and argument) more specifically let me know but what I'm about to cover usually holds true for all of them.
If you read through History essay's 101 you'll remember I talked about how your Intro is your essay on a micro scale. That holds true for every single essay you will write, Most teachers/graders will read through your intro, maybe skim the first paragraph and then move on. Your intro makes the essay. You want to cram as much as you can into that first paragraph. That being said, I'm going to lay down a few rules that you should always fallow when writing an essay in Part one, Part two will go into structure, though it will greatly reflect the History 101 so if you don't feel like waiting for me to type put part two most of part two can be found in the History 101 post.

1. The typical essay format is 5 paragraphs, Intro, three body, conclusion. The only two sections I ever see added too are the body and the intro. Add on as many Body paragraphs as you feel is necessary but don't go less than three. For purely academic purposes I will recommend not adding extra Intro paragraphs. Adding extra Intro paragraphs is like writing a prequel book, it's very difficult to do right and can ruin the series or in this case your essay. Unless you are 100% confident in your essay skills do not add to your intro.
  2. Assume your reader's don't know anything, and assume they don't want to know anything. The first part of that is pretty well known, you don't want to leave information holes, just don't over explain, It should be a given by now unless your teachers have done something horrendously wrong and not taught you that yet. The second half is something I don't see a lot of teachers talk about but I think it's equally as important. You have to keep the reader engaged, at any moment they could just stop reading, you don't want that to happen you want to get their attention and keep it for the entire essay, not just your hook in the intro, but for the entire essay. This sin't something you have to worry about for History essays, but you 100% have to worry about it for English classes.
  3. Rhetoric! For heavens sake, use it. It's not just something you're studying in your class it is something you should be using. Make sure you're appealing to Ethos, Pathos, and Logos, use Parallelism. You want to use that stuff it will put your essay's levels above your peers is you even attempt some Rhetoric, you could fail miserably but you tried and you will get points for trying here. Another point to make here is Teachers/graders want to see you use the Rhetoric you are learning about in class. If you're class just studied a speech with Zeugma in it, you had best be using Zeugma in that essay. Based off of my essay's, doing this jumps the grade up by a solid 10% In America that's a full letter grade. Your teachers are looking for this stuff, give it to them, it makes them feel validated.
  4. Quotes, use them, and use them properly. Three steps to use a quote properly. Introduce it, Don't just slap a quote in there out of the blue, "According to Bob ", "When discussing green paint Bob says", Put something before the quote to let your reader know, hey this is a quote, Your quote is royalty they must be presented to the crowd before they arrive. Now your Quote, don't forget quotation, If I had a penny for every Idiot who forgot these things "…" I would be a rich woman, just don't forget them. Then you Explain. "The usage of the word…" , " Bob's tone in this passage shows…" DO NOT say, "this quote say's." it's a rooky mistake you can get away with it but every teacher/grader will cringe and take off a point or two, avoid using the word quote after the quote. Lastly you Reflect. Tell us why the quote matters to your argument, how does it prove your thesis, to many student's leave this step out, tell us how it proves your thesis
    This concludes Part 1 of English Essay's 101, Please join me for Part two where I explain how to structure your essay around the point's mentioned above.

@Anemone eco

Do you ever word something poorly but you don't know how else to phrase it and you end up hating yourself because it's exactly the thing you see someone else say and groan because it sounds disgusting

Yes, I do. I do that a lot.

@Relsey

Yes, I do. I do that a lot.

Thesaurus.com my friend.