forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

Deleted user

Ya frickin dumbass. Drink water.

I know it's dumb. But I have to do something.

maybe I'll try ice, like Relsey suggested. So far the last thing I drank was that expired milk lmao

@saor_illust school

Hey Mir? If I remember correctly, you've been in a similar (but not the same) situation before. So I'm asking on behalf of a good friend of mine, who has requested to stay anonymous. They're asking about ways to avoid self harm. I suppose I should put the rest of this message in a spoiler, since it potentially requires a trigger warning (bolded so people see that before clicking on spoiler)

Deleted user

I've been that person myself. And I've tried to help others.
My advice is as follows:

• Make them tell someone. Seriously.
  • Make it clear they can always contact you if they're feeling urges. I have a friend I always go to when I feel like cutting, and they help me.
  • BUTTERFLY. METHOD. Have them draw butterflies on their arm (or wherever they'd cut) and name them after people they love. If they cut, the butterfly is dead. Not great for everyone, but better than nothing.
  • Okay, one thing I did for months while trying to stop cutting was wear a rubber band around my wrist. Every time you want to cut, snap the band against your wrist instead. Still gives you a little sting but won't really hurt you.

Deleted user

I have a question that is a bit of a trigger warning.

Deleted user

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

i just realized it’s been a month…
i don’t think i’ve gone this long since i started-?
and i hardly even noticed…
am i actually getting better??!?!!!

Deleted user

Deleted user

No problem. I love ya. Be safe.

Deleted user

If Ke$ha was European her name would be Ke€ha

Deleted user

I think I might've just broken more bloodvessels

Deleted user

I don't know…

Deleted user

Why the fuck did this happen all of a sudden? I mean, I know I haven't been doing great. But cutting wasn't really coming back. I would just do little things, like try to make myself sick and dehydrated and stuff. But this wasn't supposed to happen… My mom will see. And she's the worst about this. And now my arm hurts and it's covered in swollen scratches.