forum ✨dRaMaTiC✨ Insults, Power of the Chancla, Eldritch Beings, Old Rivalries, Chicken Chaos, Large Fonts, and Cheesecake: The Saga of the Chicken Part 3: Tokyo Drift (CLOSED)
Started by @Morals-are-for-mortals language
tune

people_alt 111 followers

Deleted user

Bursts up laughing because that mystery pretty person just made fun of them for a whole class about their obsession of fictional characters

I suggest murder.

I second this/j/theres context I think

I'm not joking, though. It doesn't matter what context there is.

Bud. Murder is bad. You can hate the person but you shouldn't murder them for having different opinions+bullying

Deleted user

(YOU HAVE TENTICALS???)

Yes he has tentacles, he's the Eldritch Horror skittles, pay attention clover lol

@FRANKtheTritoposaur group

(YOU HAVE TENTICALS???)

Yes he has tentacles, he's the Eldritch Horror skittles, pay attention clover lol

(JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE AN ELDRITCH HORROR DOES NOT MEAN THEH HAVE TENTICALES?????????)

Deleted user

(YOU HAVE TENTICALS???)

(JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE AN ELDRITCH HORROR DOES NOT MEAN THEH HAVE TENTICALES?????????)

Well his tentacles have been shown off before
But I'm sorry for stereotyping eldritch horror

@IcarusFightsTheSun book

I'm working on a school project and have i survey im supposed to link ppl to,

i think this should work :3i'd really appreciate any participation, but it's totally fine if y'all don't want to.
(read the description first btw)

@im-with-stoopid pets

I finally got past the lame-o boring part, and I now understand why I had writers block for a week straight
I was getting an average 75-150 words a day, but yesterday, I got in 400 before bed

Deleted user

I'm working on a school project and have i survey im supposed to link ppl to,

i think this should work :3i'd really appreciate any participation, but it's totally fine if y'all don't want to.
(read the description first btw)

Thats pretty cool. Did it. ^^

Deleted user

My brain just started cheering when I saw that there was a notifcation
Its been a slow day

@im-with-stoopid pets

uumm pokemon nerd rant I guess, kicking off this week of chicken chat with my shenanigans

questioning how anyone played competitive Pokémon in the older gens

ok so breeding is by far the best way to get statistically better Pokémon, like without question
The main issue is, you need good Pokémon to get the items that make breeding as efficient as it is, but you need to breed to get good Pokémon to get those items - it's this huge feedback loop and it's really hard to just jump into

AND sometimes you just can't breed
Pretty much every legendary in the games are a one-time only thing per save file, so you need to soft-reset (takes you back to the main menu without closing the game, as opposed to a hard-reset that does close it) and pray for good RNG, which most of the time, hates you, your family, your extended family, your ancestors, and your future children that haven't even been born yet
It's around 1 in 33554432 chance to get a perfect reset and that's without factoring in the shenanigans of how Pokémon's RNG used to work, and assuming your Trainer and Secret IDs lined up to give you the chance of it even showing up in a half-reasonable timeframe

Anyways yeah I spent my entire weekend trying to teambuild in Gen V, and it wasn't terrible because they started to fix it slightly in these games, but finding a Poison Heal gligar is probably going to be the death of me - every 256 steps, there's a 5% chance anything even spawns, a 20% chance that spawn is a Pokémon, and then a 1% chance that Pokémon is a gligar
1/20 * 1/5 * 1/100 = a 1/10000 chance every 256 steps which doesn't take very long, but it adds up!

Deleted user

uumm pokemon nerd rant I guess, kicking off this week of chicken chat with my shenanigans

ok so breeding is by far the best way to get statistically better Pokémon, like without question
The main issue is, you need good Pokémon to get the items that make breeding as efficient as it is, but you need to breed to get good Pokémon to get those items - it's this huge feedback loop and it's really hard to just jump into

Pretty much every legendary in the games are a one-time only thing per save file, so you need to soft-reset (takes you back to the main menu without closing the game, as opposed to a hard-reset that does close it) and pray for good RNG, which most of the time, hates you, your family, your extended family, your ancestors, and your future children that haven't even been born yet
It's around 1 in 33554432 chance to get a perfect reset and that's without factoring in the shenanigans of how Pokémon's RNG used to work, and assuming your Trainer and Secret IDs lined up to give you the chance of it even showing up in a half-reasonable timeframe

Anyways yeah I spent my entire weekend trying to teambuild in Gen V, and it wasn't terrible because they started to fix it slightly in these games, but finding a Poison Heal gligar is probably going to be the death of me - every 256 steps, there's a 5% chance anything even spawns, a 20% chance that spawn is a Pokémon, and then a 1% chance that Pokémon is a gligar
1/20 * 1/5 * 1/100 = a 1/10000 chance every 256 steps which doesn't take very long, but it adds up!

I am fully supporting your pokemon hyperfixation

Deleted user

what if… i changed my pfp??

do it

Deleted user

Also, which gen 5 game are you playing on for this grind

@im-with-stoopid pets

Black 2! I don't remember if the Hidden Grottoes were a thing in the prequel Gen 5 games - I had a White cartridge, but it just vanished fsr, actually poofed out of thin air- I've been considering buying myself another copy for the version exclusives, but ehh

Deleted user

Black 2! I don't remember if the Hidden Grottoes were a thing in the prequel Gen 5 games - I had a White cartridge, but it just vanished fsr, actually poofed out of thin air- I've been considering buying myself another copy for the version exclusives, but ehh

Very nice
White 2 was my first pokemon game I've ever owned, so I've got a soft spot for the sequels

@im-with-stoopid pets

Very nice
White 2 was my first pokemon game I've ever owned, so I've got a soft spot for the sequels

I started off with Y, and I never really got into Gen V until a year or so before its big resurgence in 2020-2021-ish – I got swept up in the whole "eww a garbage pokemon - omg an ice cream Pokémon, they must've been running out of ideas" debate, but the idea of taboo Pokémon games was kinda intriguing
Turns out, no, they were perfectly fine games that actually really grew on me – I have around 300 hours on my current save file, and that's not including the fascination I had with starting over for no apparent reason. If I had to guess, I'd say around 400 total? But that probably includes time I fell asleep with the thing on its charger, so couple grains of salt there.

Honestly, Gen V is my favorite, and I'm still kinda bummed out I never got to fully experience it before Dreamworld and Ninento WiFi shut down. Also, something I noticed is whenever people say they want a modern 2D Pokemon game, they always bring up Octopath Traveler, but like, Black and White and their sequels are sitting right there and looking awesome as ever. Imagine an upscaled version of those games in the same artstyle! I guess 2010 and 2012 aren't exactly recent anymore, but it's kinda odd how many times I've seen OT thrown around in that exact context.