Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

Deleted user

Pinterest.

Btw I know I should be pinning for Proj but nothing is vibing for me yet. D:

Deleted user

Same. I've been mentally stressing over it though. lol

Deleted user

the need to get everything just right is straight up awful. I hate it because I spend hours on pinterest just staring at stuff.

Deleted user

So I know the discussion is way over, but I just came across this and thought it was worth sharing?

We will talk about Mulan until the day I die.

@Trix

Another reason they're taking out roles could be due to the fact that with recent live-action remakes, a lot of criticism is directed at the whole 'we don't want the exact same movie make into a live-action'. Going back to the legend would differ the live-action from the animated film.
Still don't see why they couldn't include songs, though. Reflection and I'll Make A Man Out Of You are iconic.

@Trix

Glad it's not unwelcome then lmao. I found another https://www.pinterest.com/pin/704180091718399351/

Basically, the gist of all this that I'm getting is that, despite being a great movie when viewed in a sort of…non-accurate light, the movie was really inaccurate and pretty offensive to Chinese culture

Okay but as a Chinese person it wasn't that offensive?? And of course, it doesn't represent modern China as accurately, but the animated version did shine on the values of family, discipline, and gender-roles. All of which were pretty important to the culture, especially in the past.

Deleted user

Hi! It was great. It still hasn't really set in that I'm back. Heck, it still hasn't really set in that I went at all. Occasionally I'll have these moments where I flash back to a part of the trip and get really emotional since all my family is there.

@croccin-champagne

Huh. Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't super offensive, because Eris is right, that movie was bangin' and like, my entire childhood. I'm not sure where that leaves us with the live action remake tho

@Pickles group

Glad it's not unwelcome then lmao. I found another https://www.pinterest.com/pin/704180091718399351/

Basically, the gist of all this that I'm getting is that, despite being a great movie when viewed in a sort of…non-accurate light, the movie was really inaccurate and pretty offensive to Chinese culture

Okay but as a Chinese person it wasn't that offensive?? And of course, it doesn't represent modern China as accurately, but the animated version did shine on the values of family, discipline, and gender-roles. All of which were pretty important to the culture, especially in the past.

I think usually the people that complain about this kind of stuff are the people that it's not about and they really aren't "qualified" I guess is the word to complain. From what I've seen (which isn't a lot, to be fair)