forum Don't Be Suspicious
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 113 followers

Deleted user

I think it depends on how the parents do it. My parents spanked me all the time when I was little, but that was because I just didn’t know when to quit. I was passive aggressive and rude and stuff as a little kid. Now though, I don’t talk much at all, and I like to think that I’m less aggressive than I used to be. I also still have a pretty good relationship with my mom (not my dad though bc of other stuff). So I don’t think it hurt me more than it helped me. But that’s just my personal experience, I realize that not everyone is the same.

That's an example of a good reason to spank, but it does have impacts when done wrong.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I grew up with spanking and I think it did me some good. I think sometimes a kid is old enough to be made to understand right and wrong but still too young to understand any kind of sophisticated discipline. (Notice I said discipline, not punishment.) I think that is where spanking works the best. Also I want to develop a system so that each discipline correlates to the crime, so as the kid grew older and wiser, the only physical discipline would be for physical violence. The rest would (hopefully) correlate directly to each infraction. But I think spanking as a general punishment for every misbehavior is slightly flawed.

Deleted user

I grew up with spanking as well, but it did not have a poor impact on my life. Not one that I am aware of anyway. It's pretty normal to get smacked in a hispanic family, you know that your family member isn't trying to hurt you, you were just acting like an ass.

I think that jumping straight to physical punishment is wrong. There should be respect even between a young child and their parent. Children should be taught reasonably how to properly behave and the difference between right and wrong, before being subjected to punishment. They should have the chance to learn/ test boundaries/ express themselves just like anyone else.

Deleted user

MULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Deleted user

who takes a dragon out of a movie man???? WHO DOES THAT?

Deleted user

I have only watched it like five times in the last ten years, if that. I know that is sad.

Watch it more. Honestly. It's gold. Literally my favorite disney movie

Deleted user

Wait we talking about the new one?

Yep. They dropped the trailer yesterday but there was NO DRAGON. WTF

I have only watched it like five times in the last ten years, if that. I know that is sad.

Isn’t it great she was real? And I heard there was a live action version already that was not made by Disney.

My goodness Mushu is the best. How could they?

Deleted user

Isn’t it great she was real? And I heard there was a live action version already that was not made by Disney.

Mulan is my number one stan.

Deleted user

My goodness Mushu is the best. How could they?

Maybe they'll have Mushu but they just haven't shown him yet-

but idk