forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

It is still very much rape. Legalizing incest ≠ legalizing rape. I had more to say but I can't remember

I implied (but did not directly state, forgive me) that this incest was rape.

Then I'm confused on how you wanted me to respond

I am saying that if it is law, it is temporal. The law only matters today and cannot be depended upon for tomorrow.

@Pickles group

It is still very much rape. Legalizing incest ≠ legalizing rape. I had more to say but I can't remember

I implied (but did not directly state, forgive me) that this incest was rape.

Then I'm confused on how you wanted me to respond

I am saying that if it is law, it is temporal. The law only matters today and cannot be depended upon for tomorrow.

It's 10:30 and I'd have no idea what you're saying even if I was awake, but laws take a long ass time to change don't they

Deleted user

Laws change. Theoretically anything can become legal.

"Commencing at the siren, any and all crime (including murder) will be legal for 12 continuous hours."

@Pickles group

Lol exactly. Many things that were unthinkable are legal now. It will probably happen again.

The gays have entered the chat

@Relsey

And things that used to be legal now aren't. Society changes it's mind so quickly. Look at prohibition, They said drinking isn't a good thing, but then they said drinking is a good thing and then it was a bad thing again and then it was a good thing and now it's an in between thing.

But to sum up.

1. I can't kill innocents because people shouldn't do that.
  2. A parent cannot do whatever they wish with their child. Such authority is theirs to protect said child, not to donate their organs. It's the only good Paternalism.
  3. Vaccines come from harvested human cells so I can't morally partake of them as it would be to protect myself with the blood of innocents killed.
  4. Anyone who would kill someone else to save others bears the bloodguilt of that person.
  5. So I can't do that and neither should anyone else because see 1.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

well if i had a child (i know, highly unrealistic) that i specifically chose not to vaccinate, and they ended up getting the measles and spreading it to an immunocompromised friend, killing them within hours, would the blood not be on my hands?
or if my child got another preventable illness and i refused necessary treatment until they passed?

Hmm.

Nope! Because you didn't directly choose to spread measles. You didn't do something and it led to that happening. Now if you didn't take a safety precaution that was easy to do without a good reason, it might be your fault. But if you had a reason to not do the thing that caused the other thing, you're fine. I mean, think about if there's a random dude walking past you. Unknown to you he's off to shoot your bff. You don't stop him. Does that mean if you stopped him your friend wouldn't die? Yes. So in a way, you do bear fault. But it would be ridiculous for someone to point that out if they found Mr. Stokid walked by you earlier. Because why the hell should you have stopped him? You had a decent reason not too.

@saltines-yes

I mean, inaction is kinda the enemy of progress, right? At least, that’s the way I see it. It’s up to interpretation. My belief is, unless you or a person you are legally responsible for have a medical condition that prevents them from becoming vaccinated, then you should absolutely get a vaccine, not just for yourself but for your whole community. For people who medically cannot get vaccinated, it is a matter of life and death if enough people who are medically able to choose to vaccinate themselves and their loved ones. People need to work together to protect the vulnerable members of our community, and if getting vaccinated doesn’t threaten your life at all, why not help save someone else’s? By actively making a choice to not get vaccinated, you could be hurting others, and the full knowledge of the fact is available to anyone with access to the Internet or a library. Just my view of things, not trying to force it on anyone else. Have a good day everyone!

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Yes, but if that stranger has recently talked about really wanting to kill your best friend and you see them casually walk past in the direction of their house with multiple weapons and despite seeing a cop standing conveniently nearby you don’t do a thing about it cause it’s not your business, yeah it’s kind of your fault

These illnesses are known to kill. If you are fully aware of this, choose not to prevent any disaster with those convenient vaccines, and still let your child go hang out with poor little billy, you should take all the guilt if billy ends up dead at age 7 from preventable disease.

@Gentleman

But to sum up.

1. I can't kill innocents because people shouldn't do that.
  2. A parent cannot do whatever they wish with their child. Such authority is theirs to protect said child, not to donate their organs. It's the only good Paternalism.
  3. Vaccines come from harvested human cells so I can't morally partake of them as it would be to protect myself with the blood of innocents killed.
  4. Anyone who would kill someone else to save others bears the bloodguilt of that person.
  5. So I can't do that and neither should anyone else because see 1.

I agree with all of these points presented by Dom. I've arrived late, and with much confusion, but upon reading this I absolutely agree with every point and would just like to throw that in there. Thank you, Dom.

@RedTheLoveless

1. A parent cannot do whatever they wish with their child. Such authority is theirs to protect said child, not to donate their organs. It's the only good Paternalism.

You know damn well that that wasn't the point I made. If that was your takeaway, then fine, I guess it didn't get through to you, but don't think you can misconstrue my words and the argument I provided.

@Relsey

My issue with Vaccines is a little more removed from the actual vaccines, I have a problem with the fact that they do all of this work to get rid of a disease and it's completely eradicated to the point where we can't get it any more, And what do they decide to do, they take that thing and they put it in a glass tube and they store is somewhere. Case and point Smallpox. Why, why would you want to unleash that on the world as a Bio weapon. How messed up can you be to keep that stuff around. That's my problem with Vaccines, Why would you work so hard to get rid of something only to keep it just so you can wipe out a bunch of unprepared people.
Sure it say's that we research it just in case some one else decides to use it as a Bio weapon. But the fact that they're thinking that makes me believe their prepared to do that. If you get rid of it No one can use it as a weapon. It's removed from vaccines in a way but connected in another way.
If I have kids will I get them Vaccinated, yah probably. As a Mom if my kid got something deadly and I could have prevented it by giving them a shot, I would feel terrible. It's my fault that my kid is suffering. It's my job to protect that kid to the best of my ability. If I were the parent of a kid who physically couldn't get a vaccine and they got something and died from it. I'd be livid, because that's my child and someone killed my child by not getting their kid vaccinated.
I understand why you wouldn't do it, I understand that it's a moral grey area and it's a really really hard choice if you think about it from that stand point Dom. I just can't not think about the children who can't get one and then have the disease spread to them by someone else. The Parent's of that kid, Have you ever seen a parent who's lost a child?
"No parent should have to bury their child."- Theoden, LOTR
My mom lost a baby when he was two months old from SIDs. 36 years later, she still cries on his birthday, she cry's every time she tells a story about him. My dad cries when he tells stories about him, I've only seen my dad cry twice, when he was talking about that baby and when my nephew died.
My Nephew was three months old when he died. He went to sleep, rolled off of my sisters bed and a pillow fell on top of him. He suffocated. I don't think I've ever seen someone more distraught then my sister and her husband. I've never seen someone hate themselves more then my sister did because she blamed her self for his death.
Having seen that grief, having seen how a child's death effects the parent. If I didn't vaccinate my kid and they got sick with a preventable illness and then they gave it to a kid who died from it. That's my fault. I'm the one that caused that parent to hurt, I'm the one who caused that kids death. That's my fault. That's blood on your hands. That's grief caused by you.

@The-Magician group

I’m sorry to hear about your nephew, though my question is why was he sleeping in your sister’s bed when he was only 3 months old, and not in a crib like other babies…??

Yes, but if that stranger has recently talked about really wanting to kill your best friend and you see them casually walk past in the direction of their house with multiple weapons and despite seeing a cop standing conveniently nearby you don’t do a thing about it cause it’s not your business, yeah it’s kind of your fault

These illnesses are known to kill. If you are fully aware of this, choose not to prevent any disaster with those convenient vaccines, and still let your child go hang out with poor little billy, you should take all the guilt if billy ends up dead at age 7 from preventable disease.

The difference is that illness isn't definite.

But the vaccine can kill as well.(Refuted, or at least mostly so.) Because it gives you the disease. People walk around, thinking the vaccine will protect them and then go back to work 15 minutes later and shed the virus everywhere. To be fair, this is a problem with people not the vaccine, but it's possible that the people who act in this manner (most), are actually more of a risk than unvaccinated people.
But that isn't what your thing was about.
Obviously if you have the disease you should stay home. But yes, I suppose the death is sort of your fault. But see my earlier metaphor.

1. A parent cannot do whatever they wish with their child. Such authority is theirs to protect said child, not to donate their organs. It's the only good Paternalism.

You know damn well that that wasn't the point I made. If that was your takeaway, then fine, I guess it didn't get through to you, but don't think you can misconstrue my words and the argument I provided.

Ah. Forgive me. But what I mean is that parental authority is for the purpose of protecting that child. Anything else is not the right of the parent to do. Granted, that means it is the right of the parent to insist on vaccinating the child (until 18 I suppose). But all this is to go back to the argument that a fetus delivered to death and used for medical purpose is legitimate as the parent in a way consented.

Deleted user

But the vaccine can kill as well.

I disagree.

It does not.

Not nearly as much as the disease itself. The vaccines usually harness dead versions of the virus called antibodies. Antibodies are the things in your immune system that help your body from catching the same sickness twice (if I sound elementary in my explanation it’s because I was under the pretense that you knew this. You clearly do not.). Which is usually why, during flu season, if you get sick once, you’re fine for the rest of the season, for you have those specific antibodies for that specific strand of the flu.

Instead of making you sick, vaccines will give you those antibodies. Depending on your immune system, you have a chance of getting sick, but not NEARLY as much as the actual disease will give you.

For example, I get the flu shot every year. I’m extremely susceptible to infection due to early childhood disease called Meningitis, which weakened my immunity. Without flu shots, I’d be a runner up for someone to get the flu (without the flu shot) and die. The flu, nor any other type of disease with a vaccine, like polio, yellow fever, or measles, will fuck around. They can and will kill anyone with weakened immunity or are susceptible to diseases like that.

So yes, you’ll probably get a little headache or stomach pain, but you won’t get horribly horribly sick as those diseases will do to you.

~Medical PSA over~

Deleted user

have we discussed trans-species yet? because–