forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@HighPockets group

Also Megara is the best Disney princess

And she gets murdered five years later. Good memories.

Imagine if Disney did an R-rated sequel that was just Hercules and the 12 trials and ended with him being burned alive on his funeral pyre
#JustAncientGreekThings

@Pickles group

Jyn. Knows. What's. Up.

It's not even that funny
It led to a string of shitty "hahaha fairytale subversion!!!" movies
It's not even that subversive? It's basically just a role reversal of Beauty and the Beast
Disney's Hercules is a better satire of traditional hero stories and that's the tea

Except Beauty is ugly as fuck
Um, no. Hercules is an actual story and they got a bunch of shit wrong even with just basic mythology.

It's basically just an ugly guy going to save a hot girl instead of a hot girl going to save an ugly guy, so it's close enough
I obviously know that Hercules is a real story, but the Disney version is a much better "hero's journey" satire than Shrek. Literally all of "Zero to Hero" pokes fun at it, same with "One Last Hope"

You're missing the point that Hercules is an actual myth and they did it dirtier than the fairytales

@HighPockets group

Jyn. Knows. What's. Up.

It's not even that funny
It led to a string of shitty "hahaha fairytale subversion!!!" movies
It's not even that subversive? It's basically just a role reversal of Beauty and the Beast
Disney's Hercules is a better satire of traditional hero stories and that's the tea

Except Beauty is ugly as fuck
Um, no. Hercules is an actual story and they got a bunch of shit wrong even with just basic mythology.

It's basically just an ugly guy going to save a hot girl instead of a hot girl going to save an ugly guy, so it's close enough
I obviously know that Hercules is a real story, but the Disney version is a much better "hero's journey" satire than Shrek. Literally all of "Zero to Hero" pokes fun at it, same with "One Last Hope"

You're missing the point that Hercules is an actual myth and they did it dirtier than the fairytales

Yeah but at least it wasn't boring as dirt like their fairytale adaptions
And it's a great satire, so I don't really care that it messed with the source material

@HighPockets group

"If there's a price for Hera's judgement, I guess I've already done that."

"No jobs are worth the aggravation! It's ancient history, been there, done that."

@Pickles group

And it's a great satire, so I don't really care that it messed with the source material

You can just. Have your terrible movies and trashy enjoyment pat pat

@HighPockets group

You can just. Have your terrible movies and trashy enjoyment pat pat

Sleeping Beauty bored me to sleep, Hercules may be inaccurate but at least it's not a goddamn insomnia cure.

@Pickles group

here it is

if this is what I think it is I will be very angry

Is it a rickroll or is it the "undergoing surgery to become Shrek" video

sort of

Ella I don't like what this implies

You- you do realize you can see what it is without having to click it, right?

@HighPockets group

here it is

sort of

I can't see it, I just see the link

@Pickles group

[here it is](

)

sort of

I can't see it, I just see the link

Deleted user

no maleficent fucking slaps

only the first one though
the second one honestly disappointed me

Deleted user

all I'm saying is the day my child looks me in the eye and says "mom, I'm a kangaroo" is the day I no longer have a child

@Anemone eco

all I'm saying is the day my child looks me in the eye and says "mom, I'm a kangaroo" is the day I no longer have a child

Even if they're just playing around and are not serious?

@Pickles group

I'll take them into my care if you want?

This is an insanely wholesome image to me

"Well, young kangaroo, time to fly you to the other side of the world all by yourself to live with one of Mommy's internet friends because Mommy doesn't want you anymore."
Very wholesome

@HighPockets group

I'll take them into my care if you want?

This is an insanely wholesome image to me

"Well, young kangaroo, time to fly you to the other side of the world all by yourself to live with one of Mommy's internet friends because Mommy doesn't want you anymore."
Very wholesome

Just the idea of Lee taking in a bunch of trans-species people and taking care of them
It's sweet

Deleted user

"mom, dad… I have something to tell you. I'm an anteater."