Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

Deleted user

identifying as a gender is not the same as identifying as a fucking animal

@berlioz

I guess I can make a statement.

Anyone who truly believes they are something other than human is experiencing a delusion and/or has a mental disturbance.
For example, people with Dissociative Identity Disorder. Some alters may not be human- this is because alters are formed due to trauma, and usually when the patient is young. In dumbed down terms, imagine a young girl has experienced trauma- she wishes she were strong, like a dragon. Her brain creates a seperate alter that's a dragon so she can be strong. Imagine a young boy is traumatized- he wishes he were invisible, maybe even dead. He develops a dead alter, a ghost. DID is a coping mechanism, and patients may use fantasy and fiction to cope. It's not uncommon.
Other trans-species people may have a different illness, like schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia, and other mood+thought disorders that can cause delusions and hallucinations.
That being said, there're trans-species people who don't truly believe they're not human. They're just really into hardcore body-alteration, make-believe, and being and oddball.

@HighPockets group

As in "on all levels except physical, I am a wolf" trans-species?

Apparently the person in that vine later came out as a trans woman, iirc

@berlioz

They're just really into *hardcore body-alteration, make-believe, and being and oddball.

Which is super valid imo.

Yeah, pretty much. But of course there are boundaries no one ought to overstep.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Oh yes. Clarification. Transexual is the same formula. Transgender to me seems a bit harder to define since no one sticks to a definition. Does it mean the sex or the set of values and expectations and such that is sometimes called gender? But I've also heard that gender equates to what society sees you as. Which in that case, it would be nearly impossible to be transgender. But if we go to the Trans in the Bathroom then I would think it equates to sex.

They're just really into *hardcore body-alteration, make-believe, and being and oddball.

Yeah. But I think many of them are arbitrarily set and perhaps should be broken.

@berlioz

Yeah. But I think many of them are arbitrarily set and perhaps should be broken.

I can agree there. But of someone is getting thousands of dollars worth plastic surgery so they can ascend to their true elfin form,,,, something's up lol.

@Pickles group

Oh yes. Clarification. Transexual is the same formula. Transgender to me seems a bit harder to define since no one sticks to a definition. Does it mean the sex or the set of values and expectations and such that is sometimes called gender? But I've also heard that gender equates to what society sees you as. Which in that case, it would be nearly impossible to be transgender. But if we go to the Trans in the Bathroom then I would think it equates to sex.

I understand approximately 20% of this

I can agree there. But of someone is getting thousands of dollars worth plastic surgery so they can ascend to their true elfin form,,,, something's up lol.

Especially since anyone why actually knows about elves would know without asking that an elfin form is truly unattainable.

@HighPockets group

Have you seen that story about the lady that tried to surgically alter herself into some sorta rabbit?

@berlioz

Especially since anyone why actually knows about elves would know without asking that an elfin form is truly unattainable.

Lol, yes, of course.

@berlioz

Have you seen that story about the lady that tried to surgically alter herself into some sorta rabbit?

nO

@HighPockets group

nO

To make her grandkids love her or something? I read about it in a guinness world records book when I was in middle school and it never fully left me

@Pickles group

If ya wanna be an elf that bad, go to the Renaissance festival with like 30 or 50 bucks and get yourself some glue on ears and spirit gum like a normal person

@Pickles group

nO

To make her grandkids love her or something? I read about it in a guinness world records book when I was in middle school and it never fully left me

It's not leaving me any time soon

@berlioz

nO

That's unfortunate and disturbing.

@HighPockets group

nO

That's unfortunate and disturbing.

Mmmhmm
Also that guy who got surgery to look like Shrek
And that guy that got surgery to look like some KPOP dude