forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@HighPockets group

We're one step away from the trolley problem lol.

Oh always.

I mean, hopefully we're not literally one step away from the trolley problem…

@berlioz

Oh always.

DO YOU PULL THE LEVER?

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

It is not disrespectful if that is what they directly signed up for, Dom.

Technically someone more skilled than I could disagree. But I'm talking about the fetus bodies used to make vaccines. So, of course, there was no consent there.

Mm, not quite. If we both agree that a fetus was indeed a fully-fledged human, then the parents would be the ones able to give consent, since parents are legally bound to do so with their children. So, if the parents consent, then legally the fetus-child also consents.

Ironically, the same happens for parents giving their children the said vaccines.

Oh yes. But according to that, the parents can give consent for the child in anything. Think about what that entails. Sure makes incest cases a lot more difficult.

@HighPockets group

Oh always.

DO YOU PULL THE LEVER?

i mean seriously emperors new groove GIF

@Pickles group

Technically someone more skilled than I could disagree. But I'm talking about the fetus bodies used to make vaccines. So, of course, there was no consent there.

Mm, not quite. If we both agree that a fetus was indeed a fully-fledged human, then the parents would be the ones able to give consent, since parents are legally bound to do so with their children. So, if the parents consent, then legally the fetus-child also consents.

Ironically, the same happens for parents giving their children the said vaccines.

Oh yes. But according to that, the parents can give consent for the child in anything. Think about what that entails. Sure makes incest cases a lot more difficult.

No Dominic, you cannot give your child consent to do illegal things.

@HighPockets group

Also, children cannot consent in a legally binding way.

The idea that you can't be impactful when you're old is woefully offensive and untrue.

Well obviously I don't think that. But a society that cares more about benefiting the people than individuals is unlikely to think on such benefits.

@RedTheLoveless

Oh no. Not that. Every time this is brought up I get flashbacks to The Good Place and all I can think of is

@HighPockets group

If I can kill a single person to save countless others, I will. If that makes me a commie, then lock me up in Animal Farm.

So you would support The Lottery?

The Lottery did not, to my memory, have a world-saving reason to be committed. If I had to kill a person to save the entire town, then yes, I would support the Lottery.

@berlioz

Oh no. Not that. Every time this is brought up I get flashbacks to The Good Place and all I can think of is

Same, The Good Place and… shudders Unus Annus- https://youtu.be/ndv6up94tYg

But then that means if it became legal, the parent could consent for the child.

@Pickles group

Dom we are not talking about incest here. It's unrelated.

@RedTheLoveless

Ooh I loved episodes like that! Especially the one on Determinism.

BRO that episode slapped
My favorite was the episode(s) containing moral particularism

If I had to kill a person to save the entire town, then yes, I would support the Lottery.

Hmm. Well I think people shouldn't be killed. Unless perhaps they have done some grievous crime.

@HighPockets group

If I had to kill a person to save the entire town, then yes, I would support the Lottery.

Hmm. Well I think people shouldn't be killed. Unless perhaps they have done some grievous crime.

I agree. I'm against the death penalty in most cases, but if we're discussing this dystopian future where one must die to save the rest, I will place the good of all above the good of one.

And yet you haven't answered yet. Sometimes a problem cannot be solved unless you go outside it. (Like the rule of Indirect Proof shows us. I love logic!)

I agree. I'm against the death penalty in most cases, but if we're discussing this dystopian future where one must die to save the rest, I will place the good of all above the good of one.

Would you die for the cause? Would you kill your father? Your friend?

@Pickles group

And yet you haven't answered yet. Sometimes a problem cannot be solved unless you go outside it. (Like the rule of Indirect Proof shows us. I love logic!)

I have a Thing to do, give me a bit and then I will if you wish

@HighPockets group

Yes.

Yes.

You'd kill me to save someone else. insert Flynn Rider ouch How rude.