forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Moxie group

Idk if we can debate it here because of it's closeness to abortion.

How the heckity heck did you come to that conclusion

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

my opinion that i don’t feel up to defending rn but I’m on its side

vaccine good

Seconded, I'm not feeling debatey rn but

vaccine good

Thirded(?) I'm not really in the mood for a debate, but

vaccine good

@Moxie group

I'd be surprised if anyone takes the opposing stance.

Dom has entered the chat.

But seriously, you'd be surprised about a lot of Dom's stances if you read back through this chat.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

(quoted from here)

The only vaccines that are made in human cells are chickenpox (varicella), rubella, and hepatitis A, in addition to one of the available rabies vaccines.

The viruses for these vaccines were grown in cells taken from elective terminations of pregnancies, which took place in the early 1960s. Since then, the cell lines for these vaccines have been maintained in the lab and no further sources of fetal cells are necessary to make these vaccines.

The reasons that fetal cells were originally used included:

• Viruses need cells to grow and tend to grow better in cells from humans than animals (because they infect humans).
  • Almost all cells die after they have divided a certain number of times. For most cell lines, the limit of cell divisions is about 50; however, fetal cells can go through many more divisions before dying.

As scientists studied these viruses in the lab, they found that the best cells to use were the fetal cells mentioned above. When it was time to make a vaccine, they continued growing the viruses in the cells that worked best during these earlier studies.

@berlioz

If Dom is playing devil's advocate, then I'd understand. If not, then I'd be surprised. Besides, I don't really know how to support our argument of "vaccine good", other than just "they prevent disease".

@Pickles group

If Dom is playing devil's advocate, then I'd understand. If not, then I'd be surprised. Besides, I don't really know how to support our argument of "vaccine good", other than just "they prevent disease".

Prepare yourself

@HighPockets group

Unfortunately, he's not playing devil's advocate.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

one of the main reasons people refuse vaccinations is due to the presence of cells from aborted children in a few select ones.

@Moxie group

Well then prepared to be surprised

@berlioz

one of the main reasons people refuse vaccinations is due to the presence of cells from aborted children in a few select ones.

Well I didn't know t h a t

@Moxie group

what
huh
well just don't debate that part then and we're all good

@Pickles group

Well then prepared to be surprised

Ayy we matched
I swear I'm not trying to sound sarcastic

@berlioz

Hmm. I'll spectate this one. Though, I don't think my mind will be changed from vaccine good. But I'll watch if Dom is really gunna take the sure position of vaccine bad.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

but it's not whether abortion is good or not that's being debated
in this case we'll just assume it's bad to resonate with the majority of anti-vaxxers
it's whether vaccines are good or not that we're actually arguing here
and i say they're good

Alright. So if the argument is

If taking vaccines is equal to supporting abortion
And Abortion is bad
And Vaccines are not supporting abortion now (according to the thing Nutella gave me)
Then vaccines are alright.

But that is not my argument.
I say
If disrespecting the dead is bad
And vaccines are disrespecting the dead
Then vaccines are bad.

@Pickles group

^^
Well then what even is a vaccine because I've been led to believe it's just the dead virus. Not dead babies

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

^^
Well then what even is a vaccine because I've been led to believe it's just the dead virus. Not dead babies

(read above quote thing)

@Pickles group

^^

(read above quote thing)

Ugh but I'm lazy

@Pickles group

in this case we'll just assume it's bad to resonate with the majority of anti-vaxxers
and i say they're good

And Abortion is bad
And Vaccines are not supporting abortion now (according to the thing Nutella gave me)

I say
Then vaccines are bad.

Vaccines aren't disrespecting the dead??? Tf are you on domino?

@berlioz

I say
Then vaccines are bad.

So now you just have to prove vaccines are disrespecting the dead

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

and i say they're good

And Abortion is bad

I say
Then vaccines are bad.

I suppose I should've clarified. Because I count using humans cells gotten from fetuses as disrespect. That old, don't steal body parts without permission rule. Understandable that you wouldn't know about it because you Don't Do Bad Science.

@berlioz

I suppose I should've clarified. Because I count using humans cells gotten from fetuses as disrespect. That old, don't steal body parts without permission rule. Understandable that you wouldn't know about it because you Don't Do Bad Science.

But if you use the body parts for good, and the fetuses don't need them anymore, does it count as disrespect if they're being put to good use and saving lives? (Again, not challenging, just spectating and pushing things along)

@Pickles group

and i say they're good

And Abortion is bad

I say
Then vaccines are bad.

They're already dead and you're using it to help people. Cells aren't really parts are they? As far as I know, don't steal body parts without permission is kind of for fully grown adults and/or children who have body parts.