forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Okay but honey is technically stolen but the bees actually benefit from beekeepers taking it because they make too much honey. We've all seen the Bee Movie people.

Do they though? Because when a beekeeper takes the honey (to my knowledge) the bees must be fed with sugar water to last through the winter.

I’m gonna need sources on that

here

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Okay but honey is technically stolen but the bees actually benefit from beekeepers taking it because they make too much honey. We've all seen the Bee Movie people.

Do they though? Because when a beekeeper takes the honey (to my knowledge) the bees must be fed with sugar water to last through the winter.

I’m gonna need sources on that

My dad used to keep bees.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

That's a fact

@Moxie group

Ha.

You did not win
Just because I need to do more research does not mean that you won
Get outta here with your "Ha."

@RedTheLoveless

I saw it brought up in a different chat so I thought why not debate it in the place where debates are supposed to take place? Plus I don't really have much of my own stance on it, so maybe I'll actually be able to form an opinion on it.

Polyamory.

@berlioz

If you're talking about the LGBTQ chat, it was about polygamy, not polyamory, but obviously they could go hand in hand.

@Pickles group

If you're talking about the LGBTQ chat, it was about polygamy, not polyamory, but obviously they could go hand in hand.

What's the difference?

Deleted user

I’ve had first-hand with polyamory. It sucks. I myself am not poly, actually after that relationship I consider myself to be the exact opposite. I think the idea of loving more than one person, putting so much time and effort into one other person in a relationship is dysfunctional and immoral, especially if one of the people is not poly.

Deleted user

What's the difference?

Polygamy is marrying more than one, and polyamory is loving more than one.

@berlioz

What's the difference?

Polygamy is the practice or custom of having a two or more spouses, while polyamory is having consensual relationships with multiple people.

In other words, polygamy is the actual marrying off of people, while polyamory is a word for people in a relationship with multiple people.

We can also look at the words.

poly-, meaning multiple, and -gamy meaning marriage. Polygamy, multiple marriage.

Poly- meaning multiple, -amory meaning love. Polyamory, multiple relationships, multiple loves.

Culturally, polygamy is often seen as a religious custom, while polyamory is seen as a type of relationship.

@RedTheLoveless

Yes! Sorry, forgot what exact term it was. Glad I was on the right track though.

Deleted user

If you ask me, polyamory/polygamy is wrong. I dunno. I think a romantic relationship should be between two people. And it most definitely should not be considered part of lgbtq+.

@Pickles group

I can kind of see having a threesome to spice up your sex life or whatever even though that's still weird and icky, but if you can't pick or you think you're in love with more than one person or whatever, just a thought but maybe you aren't in love with any of them and you have some things to work out before you throw yourself into relationships.