Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@berlioz

Also that guy who got surgery to look like Shrek

This world's obsessions with Shrek amuses me

And that guy that got surgery to look like some KPOP dude

I think I saw that one

@Pickles group

Have you seen that story about the lady that tried to surgically alter herself into some sorta rabbit?

nO

To make her grandkids love her or something? I read about it in a guinness world records book when I was in middle school and it never fully left me

It's not leaving me any time soon

That's unfortunate and disturbing.

Mmmhmm

KPOP dude is the only one I've heard of

@HighPockets group

I think I saw that one

Shrek's not even that good of a movie, I said what I said don't @ me

@Pickles group

I think I saw that one

Shrek's not even that good of a movie, I said what I said don't @ me

It's not. The musical isn't that great either. My friend was in the musical once and the only reason I liked it was because the guy who played Donkey was adorable. And then we went out for a cast & friends party/dinner or something and it was freezing

@HighPockets group

Jyn. Knows. What's. Up.

It's not even that funny
It led to a string of shitty "hahaha fairytale subversion!!!" movies
It's not even that subversive? It's basically just a role reversal of Beauty and the Beast
Disney's Hercules is a better satire of traditional hero stories and that's the tea

Deleted user

someone get me a link to rabbit woman and shrek

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Jyn. Knows. What's. Up.

It's not even that funny
It's not even that subversive? It's basically just a role reversal of Beauty and the Beast
Disney's Hercules is a better satire of traditional hero stories and that's the tea

So what about horror fairytales? Like, some of that stuff is terrifying as soon as you consider the in-world implications.

@Pickles group

Jyn. Knows. What's. Up.

It's not even that funny

Except Beauty is ugly as fuck
Um, no. Hercules is an actual story and they got a bunch of shit wrong even with just basic mythology.

@HighPockets group

Jyn. Knows. What's. Up.

It's not even that funny

So what about horror fairytales? Like, some of that stuff is terrifying as soon as you consider the in-world implications.

Or the original stories, which are horrifying enough on their own
Looks at Sleeping Beauty

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Or the original stories, which are horrifying enough on their own
Looks at Sleeping Beauty

I want a show. Called GRIM, obviously.

@HighPockets group

Jyn. Knows. What's. Up.

It's not even that funny

Except Beauty is ugly as fuck
Um, no. Hercules is an actual story and they got a bunch of shit wrong even with just basic mythology.

It's basically just an ugly guy going to save a hot girl instead of a hot girl going to save an ugly guy, so it's close enough
I obviously know that Hercules is a real story, but the Disney version is a much better "hero's journey" satire than Shrek. Literally all of "Zero to Hero" pokes fun at it, same with "One Last Hope"