forum Debate. Debate. Debate.
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 109 followers

@HighPockets group

Hm. The Black Lives Matter movement isn't corrupt in and of itself. Most of the group has pure, anti-racist motives and takes peaceful action and raises awareness towards black lives and the struggle and whatnot. That being said, every basket has it's rotten apple. You're always going to find violent, "unpure" people in any cause.

Not to mention that the media tends to focus on the bad apples (especially more conservative media, like what Ella's parents probably watch/read) and amplify it.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I'm on board for BLM so I say it's kosher. Obviously. Why do your parents not like it? Is it the #alllivesmatter? Bc I see where people come from there. But that's bc they don't see what's going on. Best to have people like that watch Just Mercy and When They See Us.

@HighPockets group

As much as your parents irritate me, it would be fascinating to live under their roof and figure out wtf is happening in their brains

Not much

Jesus Ash I feel like I just witnessed a murder-

@Pickles group

As much as your parents irritate me, it would be fascinating to live under their roof and figure out wtf is happening in their brains

That'd be an interesting psychology final

You reminded me how excited I am about school next year thank you

@berlioz

That's absolutely true, I agree (with Jyn up there). Most people who support BLM never wanted all this rioting and looting and the racist, dangerous autonomous zones. It's just the result of zealots.

@HighPockets group

!!!! I'm taking psychology too!!!!!

@Pickles group

Not much

I'm crying

@Pickles group

!!!!!!!!!! dude it's gonna be great

@HighPockets group

I'm doing sociology my senior year and I'm hyped for that too!

@berlioz

I'm on board for BLM so I say it's kosher. Obviously. Why do your parents not like it? Is it the #alllivesmatter? Bc I see where people come from there. But that's bc they don't see what's going on. Best to have people like that watch Just Mercy and When They See Us.

My parents are the all lives matter crew. All lives absolutely matter, duh, but it undermines what BLM is all about. All lives don't matter if black lives don't. I think my dad feels especially insecure about his whiteness right now and is kind of taking it out on people who are "attacking" "white culture".

@Pickles group

I'm doing sociology my senior year and I'm hyped for that too!

I didn't take it because I hate the teacher with a passion

@Pickles group

My parents are the all lives matter crew. All lives absolutely matter, duh, but it undermines what BLM is all about. All lives don't matter if black lives don't. I think my dad feels especially insecure about his whiteness right now and is kind of taking it out on people who are "attacking" "white culture".

Would he take offense to you recommending him some books?

@HighPockets group

https://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/1873

@berlioz

Yeah, probably. He's not really ~open minded~

@Pickles group

That sucks but that's how my parents are. Not sure where they stand on BLM though because we don't actually talk about politics that much and when we do I try not to pay attention

@HighPockets group

That sucks but that's how my parents are. Not sure where they stand on BLM though because we don't actually talk about politics that much and when we do I try not to pay attention

I just aggressively raise the volume of my headphones or go to another room because no one actually listens to my opinions

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Well, my parents can be horrible but they really aren't as bad as I make them seem
I'm still fully vaccinated (at least for now, mom's starting to show signs of "this minion meme my friend shared says that putting a blend of spice juices on your big toe works better than a flu shot so who needs vaccines" and it's scary), as much as they may joke my parents aren't too pushy about children, this is so far the only possible sign of racist they've ever shown, they're super against kicking children out of the house over teen pregnancy/lgbt things/not getting a job, and all of them believe in mental health, so it could be way worse here-

@berlioz

My mom is pretty understanding, good, and accepting deep down, but I'm pretty sure if I did something bad enough my dad would kick me out.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Why do your parents not like it?

I don't actually know, which is why I asked-
They really don't strike me as the racist over-conservative all lives matter kind of people, currently my mom's even reading us a book about the history of racism to help us better understand the rioting and why it's going on, but today I overheard a conversation with her and my grandma about how angry it makes her when she sees these BLM signs outside houses and businesses, even going as far as saying she doesn't want to ever eat at or support her favorite local restaurant again because of it, and it really confused me…

@Pickles group

My dad's like "I'll support your decisions even though I might not support them" which you can tell is bullshit even without knowing him
I don't think they'd kick me out though

@berlioz

That's wholesome of your mom though, Ella. My schools spent every February going over the civil rights movements and protests. Even though we were young, they never sugar coated the violence and stuff. I learned a lot.

@Pickles group

Why do your parents not like it?

I don't actually know, which is why I asked-
They really don't strike me as the racist over-conservative all lives matter kind of people, currently my mom's even reading us a book about the history of racism to help us better understand the rioting and why it's going on, but today I overheard a conversation with her and my grandma about how angry it makes her when she sees these BLM signs outside houses and businesses, even going as far as saying she doesn't want to ever eat at or support her favorite local restaurant again because of it, and it really confused me…

Sigh