Deleted user

I'm trash

Don’t be mean to yourself, you’re beautiful :3

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
I'm literal white trash.

To be honest, same

@HighPockets group

So did P.M. Seymour
It's already affecting a creator I love bc their vids have animated avatars (despite having almost 20 age-restricted videos on 50 Shades of Grey and using constant 'viewer disgression is advised' warnings per review before getting adult), and I'm really worried about what will happen to some comedy channels I watch.

Deleted user

Garrett Willamson did a video on it and I think it’s the best one.

You probably know him, he’s the How to Make FNAF not scary guy

@HighPockets group

Also the restrictions are suuuuper vague, like all animation is considered child content (despite there being more adult animated cartoons now than like ever before) and things that use bright colors, video games, and talk about things that kids like will be targeted.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") specifically protects the privacy of children under the age of 13 by requesting parental consent for the collection or use of any personal information of the users.

(Simplified definition stolen from the interwebs)

Deleted user

Wait, so you're, like, required to have parental consent if you're under 13 now?

Deleted user

Wait, so you're, like, required to have parental consent if you're under 13 now?

No, a lot of sites have you check that little box that says that you’re over the age of thirteen so a lot of sites have been slipping out of it. Youtube is one of them, and long story short, users have to pick if their videos are child friendly or not, and if they mislabel the video for say, an apparently kid-friendly and it’s labeled not kid friendly, they’ll get fined

42,530 dollars, OR get their channel taken down, OR if they’re lucky, get the video taken down.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

No, that’s been a thing since COPPA (the law itself) went into act in the year 2000 or something
They’ve taken COPPA to a new level on YouTube, forcing all YouTubers to mark their content as either For Kids or Not For Kids.
If you mark “For kids”, your videos will be displayed on both YouTube and YouTube kids, however targeted ads will be disabled, resulting in anywhere from a 60-90% loss in ad revenue.
If you mark “Not for kids”, it will only be displayed on YouTube for people over the age of 13, and targeted ads will be available.
However, if you mark a video as not for kids that a bot decides could technically be for kids/includes kid-appealing content (animation, fun colors, video games, etc), you’ll be fined $47,000 per mis-marked video.

It’s insane.