forum Your personal venting space.
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 117 followers

@hollow-boned

I'm reading an article on abusive relationships and why women stay in them and have come to the realization my dad is abusive so ya know, that's great. I'm not gonna do anything about it because I've been surviving this long. 2 more years and I'm out of the house, and living happily with the love of my life. Going to college. Doing better. Just gotta survive…that's all.

i'm in your situation right now, minus the loml part, and i'm almost up on my 2 years and i just wanna tell you it passes by so quickly if you focus on personal growth in a different part of your life. i've got like eight months left and im so surprised it's gone by so easily

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

I'm reading an article on abusive relationships and why women stay in them and have come to the realization my dad is abusive so ya know, that's great. I'm not gonna do anything about it because I've been surviving this long. 2 more years and I'm out of the house, and living happily with the love of my life. Going to college. Doing better. Just gotta survive…that's all.

i'm in your situation right now, minus the loml part, and i'm almost up on my 2 years and i just wanna tell you it passes by so quickly if you focus on personal growth in a different part of your life. i've got like eight months left and im so surprised it's gone by so easily

I agree. That's how it was for me when I lived with my dad.
Focus on personal growth like YK suggests

Deleted user

I agree. That's how it was for me when I lived with my dad.
Focus on personal growth like YK suggests

I'm trying, but thank you guys. Justice knows I'm trying to grow, be better. Be strong again. It's been…difficult and a process but I've noticed my mental breakdowns almost triple whenever my dad is around. My dad has been gone since last thursday (today is friday) he's coming back on Sunday so that'll be an emotional shit fest of love and hate. But anyways. since his absence(He's out of town on work) i've noticed that I've only had one bad crying break down.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

yes
also i'd suggest pretending like everything is alright or it'll set him off and get a bunch of 'privileges' taken away

Dude absolutely.
You can vent here tho, bc internalizing it is very not good

@hollow-boned

yes internalizing bad
just process it away from him with someone who you know understands you and your situation and psychology in general

Deleted user

yes
also i'd suggest pretending like everything is alright or it'll set him off and get a bunch of 'privileges' taken away

Dude absolutely.
You can vent here tho, bc internalizing it is very not good

Good point, and I've slowly been opening up. I have mega bad trust issues so you guys probably won't hear the super deep bad stuff but, I'll definitely try to keep talking. I may even try to go back to therapy. The only problem is when I went to therapy, if I said something bad my therapist talked to my dad about it, and then that only caused more trouble then what it was worth. Like if I complained about my dad then they'd bring him in and want us to 'talk about it' like no. I can't face that. So I dunno. Again after 2 years I'll probably try to go back to therapy. I'd go to my counselor but he's a super nice grandpa type who'd also call up my dad and tell him everything I trusted him with. People of action. I don't need that…I'm not strong enough for that. Yet.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

Ev, yeah, Hollow is right what your therapist did is illegal prolly.
But also, I want you to hang in there because you're so strong, and you might not think you're strong enough yet, but you'll get there one day! I will always believe in you! I will always stand behind you!

Deleted user

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what your therapist did is illegal.

I had 3 therapists for my anger issues when I was younger. My dad made me switch with the other two because he didn't like them, and he really liked the other one. My issues calmed down and I got pulled out. A lot of it was mostly anger towards my dad, so I just stopped being angry all the time.

Deleted user

Actually, Ev's therapist didn't necessarily break the law. They are required to tell parents about certain situations, and I assume that's what happened here.

Deleted user

Or maybe they thought it was best to tell her dad what was going on.

@hollow-boned

yeah but if it was about her dad then they had no right, especially with how he is as a person
you'd have to be a shitty therapist to tell the abuser that his child thinks them a bad person

Deleted user

…guys can we move on from this? Hollow is right. I wasn't suicidal or anything like that. I just needed somewhere I could go because of my life situation. You guys don't know the background stuff that was happening and I'm not comfortable with telling about it. I'm near a mental breakdown and want to move on…

@MusicElle-is-here

i'm wrapping myself in blankets and stuff to be warm bc my joints are stiff and being annoying as hell (side note: anyone else have JRA or any kind of RA?)

This topic has been locked by a moderator.