forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@berlioz

And to add up to that up there, science trumps how one particular person interprets their one particular religion. Trans people exist, it's just a fact. People are trans, and science has proven trans identities to be real and valid. In your own words, especially when it comes to science,

You can’t brush it off to make someone feel better

I understand how important religiosity is to people. But people don't need to deconvert to believe in science, in proven facts. The only thing keeping religion and scientific facts from coexisting is bigotry. Not recognizing your kid for who they are, even though the scientific community, modern psychiatry and psychology, and sociology all support their identity is directly harmful. For example, Christian Scientists don't believe in medical intervention. If I'm really sick, maybe fatally sick, but my parents were Christian Scientists, how well do you think I'd fare? Even though I'm obviously ill and medicine is proven to help, my parents still wouldn't take me to the doctor because they've made my health a matter of their faith. Similarly, when people don't get recognized or support from the people closest to them, it does harm. You read ALs vent. You see that they're struggling, and they're just one example. I'm an example. A lot of people on this website alone are an example and I'm sure there are many more in your real life. Not being seen for who you are sucks and causes psychological damage and internal turmoil. And I'm sure you're right about ALs mom, that she's in pain from this too. But it's her beliefs that are causing the pain. Her unrealistic, unscientific beliefs that aren't even necessarily apart of her spiritual practice. So yeah, it's dumb.

@ElderGod-kirky group

i have absolutely no say on this topic, but i'd just like to point out there are instances of Christians who are totally accepting of lgbt+ people, so you can't entirely blame their lack of support on their religion if there are people out there who don't use it as a way to deny a part of what makes up someone's identity

@Moxie group

(I was gonna post this in VC but figured it wasn’t good there. If you see this, AL, I bear you no ill will and hope you can find comfort.)

By not accepting you, your mom is being really selfish. As you mentioned she's making it a religious thing which is just a thing on itself. She's making your sexuality and your gender about her.

It’s not selfish.
Religion is not a thing on the side. You can’t brush it off to make someone feel better, no matter who it is, even if you want to. It’s not making it about her. She is standing by what she believes is the truth. If it is can be quibbled about. But it’s nothing personal for her or towards AL, though I’m sure it causes them both pain. Religion may mean a lot to a person. But it is not personal in the way that a favorite band or a loved book is personal. It doesn’t belong to the person. The person has joined itself to it.

CW: Religious stuff. Specifically Christain

@actual-fandom-trash

okay as someone with like, a bunch of religious trauma (although not Christianity) you don't get to say that Dom. trying to be respectful because i know how you are but you don't get to decide that religion trumps everything else. maybe you can say that for yourself, but you don't get to say that other people are bad for not putting someone else's religion over themselves. other people have a right to being angry that people put religion over another human being.
CW: religious and childhood trauma

@actual-fandom-trash

yeah I've been processing it with my therapist lately and it's been weird
also forgot the tw for religious/childhood trauma and uhh (idek what it falls under)

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

Yeah big agree with what everyone else is saying. You don't get to put your beliefs over another human being, no matter what they are. Especially if that other person doesn't subscribe to the same belief system that you do. People over religion, every single time.

@HighPockets group

True Crime Don'ts with Pickles: if the popular girls (who you don't hang out with) invite you to go on spring break with them, don't go. If anyone invites you to go on vacation with them and you aren't friends with them, don't go

Especially if everyone else is older than you, there's no adult supervision, and everyone is older than 18

This sounds like it will either lead to a cult or to murder

@Pickles group

True Crime Don'ts with Pickles: if the popular girls (who you don't hang out with) invite you to go on spring break with them, don't go. If anyone invites you to go on vacation with them and you aren't friends with them, don't go

Especially if everyone else is older than you, there's no adult supervision, and everyone is older than 18

Or you disappearing and your body never being found ✌️

@HighPockets group

Probably at least some light murder involved in that

@Pickles group

Murder Lite

@HighPockets group

Murder Lite

I Can't Believe It's Not Murder!

Deleted user

I'm just going to point out that individuality and bodily autonomy are 100% more important than religion.
Using religion as an excuse to not accept someone for who they are is directly against the core teaching of most (if not all) belief systems.

Jesus said to love everyone. He didn't fcking stutter. He didn't say "love everyone except the gays, jews, trans, muslim, romans, big noses, tiny thighs, native polar bears, etc etc"

I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand about that.

@actual-fandom-trash

yeah
i have big feelings about it too, maybe because it has affected me and a lot of the people in my life
religion is important for some, but it should never be put above another person

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I'm just going to point out that individuality and bodily autonomy are 100% more important than religion.
Using religion as an excuse to not accept someone for who they are is directly against the core teaching of most (if not all) belief systems.

Jesus said to love everyone. He didn't fcking stutter. He didn't say "love everyone except the gays, jews, trans, muslim, romans, big noses, tiny thighs, native polar bears, etc etc"

I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand about that.

Sup, Eris! But loving someone and accepting someone as they wish to be as not inherently the same. Like right now. I love my sister so much. But today I made her emotional bc I told her the decisions she were making were stupid and it was far past time for her to listen to all the people giving her advice.