forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@wren-has-mommy-issues group

don't forget the lovely line that my family likes to pull: "having a job is way worse than school; you have it easier"

YES THAT. like huh?? no, i'm sitting here working for the same amount of time that you are and i'm not even getting paid, how is that better? plus you have ONE job, i have work for 7 classes EVERY DAY. i'm sorry i really don't wanna hear it. it's more to keep up with most of the time, PLUS i'm around a bunch of judhy idiots around my age and i'm tasked with the job of finding ones i can deal with so i'm not lonely. plus, bullying is way more prevelant in schools than in the workplace, so there's that as well. and we have stricter rules.

@croccin-champagne

as someone with a job: id take it over school again any day. school was literally the root cause of so many of my issues

exactly

like dont get me wrong, working is hard especially full time. but its a different type of hard, especially depending on the job. and thats before you get into the fact that teenagers are like the most emotionally and mentally vulnerable stage due to all the things we try to speed run learning in preparation for adulthood, whereas adults are more adjusted and often have acclimated to working long days and dont see it the same way teens see highschool

@ElderGod-kirky group

school is way fucking worse than a job even just in concept. with a job, you don't have to worry about other things besides the one set of tasks you are supposed to complete. you don't have work to bring home everyday. you don't have teachers instilling memory only learning and "collaboration is either Bad or Required, no exceptions" policies. you don't do so much shit without any reward, such as getting paid. you're not expected to do better than the minimum, and aren't passive-agressively judged by the higher-ups for not joining extracurriculars. in school, you have no fucking say in what you do, and no one gives a shit about what you think about anything

@Katastrophic group

well nothing's gone catastrophically wrong from using the same measuring things so far. Besides, I can't find any 'dry' measuring cups with oz measurements, assuming theyre the smaller scoop ones

@HighPockets group

I feel like my cat can sense whenever I'm about to go to another room and do something else bc she ignores me all day when I'm on here but the second I'm about to log off she crawls onto my lap and starts purring

@Pickles group

There's not that big of a difference between the actual measurements of the two, but things that aren't self-leveling don't belong in a liquid measuring cup. Why tf are y'all shaking your measuring cups to level your flour, it's cooking not the club
If you're only gonna buy one, buy dry measuring cups