forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@tungsten fastfood

It's also so funny because we are writers so we've seen the Tumblr post where it's like "yeah I just wanted that there"

A perfect example for me is I have a charrie who has butterfly tattoos with roses too

He also happens to have a troubled past so one could link the butterflies to him moving on. But he doesn't accept his past until way later in his character arc

I put it there because he just likes butterflies and roses

Does that make sense?

@ElderGod-kirky group

i also love the people who insist that character bedrooms hold the most "symbols" just because it's their personal space. I fill my character bedrooms with shit that relates to their interests and favorite colors. very rarely do i put something in there and be like "ah, yes, and this has a meaning of–"

@ghosthugs__

i also love the people who insist that character bedrooms hold the most "symbols" just because it's their personal space. I fill my character bedrooms with shit that relates to their interests and favorite colors. very rarely do i put something in there and be like "ah, yes, and this has a meaning of–"

^^^^^^^^^
they have a microphone because they like to sing, they have an mf doom cd because they like rap. english teachers BEGONE

@Mojack group

There’s probably more than a couple things that I’ve written because it was cool with no meaning behind it
I’ve played video games as well where the writer put in a specific piece of lore in the world and gave no explanation for it, so most people have added it up to it being cool
Like people are trying to figure out what this specific term stands for, but the maker didn’t give a meaning to it and the term is used in a cool line anyways near the end of the game

Not everything has a deep meaning to it
Also some things I’ve been asked not extremely often but not uncommon either is what do my character’s names mean but do you really think Hextrastromnali has a meaning behind it aside from it being my brain going “damn this sounds cool, I’m going to give this name to a cool character”

@ElderGod-kirky group

if i do have characters with tattoos that hold meaning to them, i clearly state that instead of being ominous. Tess is a good example. she has a black and white feather tattoo on her one arm, and her best friend has that same feather but with the colors inverted because they're two peas in a pod.

she's also got a black band around her one middle finger, and so does her ex girlfriend because it's a promise to always be there for each other, even if they're no longer dating

and later on she gets a giant fuckin lion head tattooed on her back because, for one, it's her final 'fuck you' to her fear of needles, and lion's are dangerous beasts. and so is she. and they're strong—so is she

but i don't hide behind speculation. she makes it clear what her tattoos mean to her because she'll tell people

@Katastrophic group

If my room and life choices were written down the english teachers would be very confused.
Also I found my text convo with my roommate after my art review, so I'll modify it a bit for names and share:
(context that I draw a lot of many tailed foxes in my non-digital work, and it's my mid uni portfolio review with all my teachers)
Old Teacher: So the foxes in your ceramics, what do they signify? They normally represent… (goes off on animal symbolism that I definately know more about than he does)
Me: I just like foxes :)
Old Teacher: but-
Me: I like drawing all the tails cause they do the swoosh
Que strict but chill painting teacher trying not to lose it

@ElderGod-kirky group

kitsunes can represent quite a bit, I think, because they're tricksters but also, like, benevolent, depending on the fox. and shapeshifters

but yeah, teachers really try to reach for symbolism where there's not. usually art in any form just has no meaning besides "I wanted to do this"

@ghosthugs__

i have a character named elias that i'm working on, and they have some tattoos but if any pseudo-intellectual english teacher says "what do they represent pluto uwuuuuu" i will smite their asses

@tungsten fastfood

oh gods, Emu, imagine them trying to find the symbolism in BTS

Ugh snsbehh a bunch of kids making hot big tiddy gf is symbolism enough 😩

@tungsten fastfood

The only character I relatively have symbolism behind is my Neo, whose full name is Neophyte, which means new God. In my story in my head he's the antagonist of the whole show, being an extremely corrupt king or "god".

Then the boy with the tattoos is his twin Met whose name is Metaphotical and I just wanted it to be as cool as Neo's. There's no real reason why I made his name Metaphorical lmfao

@ghosthugs__

The only character I relatively have symbolism behind is my Neo, whose full name is Neophyte, which means new God. In my story in my head he's the antagonist of the whole show, being an extremely corrupt king or "god".

Then the boy with the tattoos is his twin Met whose name is Metaphotical and I just wanted it to be as cool as Neo's. There's no real reason why I made his name Metaphorical lmfao

we stan corrupt god man

@tungsten fastfood

we stan corrupt god man

He's probably one of my favorite characters ever and I love rping with corrupt man who is also very pretty

I also like writing with him like omg good job 8th grade me jdbdbdgsnsjeb but he was in the long time making so haha

@ghosthugs__

we stan corrupt god man

He's probably one of my favorite characters ever and I love rping with corrupt man who is also very pretty

I also like writing with him like omg good job 8th grade me jdbdbdgsnsjeb but he was in the long time making so haha

neo is a badass name too eygdfbhejwmdsbfebf

@Pickles group

oh gods, Emu, imagine them trying to find the symbolism in BTS

Ugh snsbehh a bunch of kids making hot big tiddy gf is symbolism enough 😩

the symbolism is we all want big titty goth gf

@ghosthugs__

Fun fact about me: The Straw Hat Pirates flag that I have hanging in my room actually symbolizes that I like One Piece!

whoa nEvEr cOuLd hAvE gUeSsEd

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

If my room and life choices were written down the english teachers would be very confused.
Also I found my text convo with my roommate after my art review, so I'll modify it a bit for names and share:
(context that I draw a lot of many tailed foxes in my non-digital work, and it's my mid uni portfolio review with all my teachers)
Old Teacher: So the foxes in your ceramics, what do they signify? They normally represent… (goes off on animal symbolism that I definately know more about than he does)
Me: I just like foxes :)
Old Teacher: but-
Me: I like drawing all the tails cause they do the swoosh
Que strict but chill painting teacher trying not to lose it

I like foxes because

look at that little man go

kinda wanna animate this little guy but then give him Fundy's hat

@Pickles group

the straights (probably just dom) reading this: w h a t

dom is definitely the only straight person here
however, as he is attracted to women, I believe that he has the capacity to understand. Should he choose to try