forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

Fuckin' preach. And it's extra awful when those people have relatives who die of covid and then keep going "oh well, it's still a hoax/not that bad!", like your dumbass actions killed people and you still don't care?? Fucking soulless.

@Pickles group

"fAcTs DoNt CaRe AbOuT yOuR fEeLiNgS"
Well the FACT is that more people died from covid in a week than in 9/11, half my English teacher's friends are dead from it and he's so terrified of getting it that he has the windows open during class when it's 30 degrees, and my grandmother who can't afford to go to the hospital when we aren't in a pandemic was in the hospital for half a week with covid and is now even more swimming in bills and you whining makes me FEEL like I'm about to punch you in the face and I will if you don't shut the fuck up
just to be clear, the "you" is not crocs

@croccin-champagne

that's like giving a serial killer your uncle's house key and then when they kill him, going to court and testifying in defense of the serial killer and telling anyone who'll listen that serial killers are a hoax

@croccin-champagne

there have been people who knew they had tested positive for covid or had all the signs and knew what was coming, and still went to gatherings of family and friends and got nearly everyone, including children sick. like what the actual fuck

oscar wilde wasn't fucking kidding but i don't think he expected it to be that literal

@The-Magician group

This sounds horrible but I’m glad my great grandmother passed away when she did. She wouldn’t have survived the virus, and to know that she could have died from such a vile cause pains me. I’m glad she died of old age in a hospital bed surrounded by family, and not isolated in her care home. I hope Grandma Alice rests in peace and knows how fortunate she was to have escaped such a horrid fate.

@Pickles group

A digital painting thing of an actual person that took me a week:
My dad: cool ig
An incomplete, mediocre painting of Stitch that I did on the back of my phone case by tracing it in like a few hours:
My dad, unironically: Wow that is AWESOME that's so good!!!
thanks dad. he did that with an eye I drew in like 40 minutes, too like thanks I'm proud of it too but it's not that good
In order to get parental validation I will now be drawing almost exclusively Stitch all week. But I do have a new respect for people on tik tok who do super tiny detailed stuff all over their shit

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

there have been people who knew they had tested positive for covid or had all the signs and knew what was coming, and still went to gatherings of family and friends and got nearly everyone, including children sick. like what the actual fuck

oscar wilde wasn't fucking kidding but i don't think he expected it to be that literal

Which quotation?

@croccin-champagne

Which quotation?

his thing about giving people a mask and them showing their true selves

people were told to wear masks and they decided human lives weren't worth wearing a mask to buy bread

@HighPockets group

I can't believe that I just spent around 2 hours in the car and spent the entire thing listening to the same song
Welcome Home (Finale) from Bandstand, it fucking slaps and you should listen to it
I don't love the music for the entire show but some of the songs are bangers

@Pickles group

It is time for the feeling that is "just finished the show I spent binging and life is an inescapable, meaningless hellhole of depression and rage"

@Pickles group

There is a constant war between the part of me that wants to be the snarky badass friend who pushes people away and the wise mysterious friend that people come to for advice and the problem is that i cannot be both

@Pickles group

Same but for the most part it's not because I act differently, my friends at school just don't have enough friends so they let me follow them everywhere

@ElderGod-kirky group

can we just have, like, a system here in America where people under the drinking age are allowed into bars so long as they don't drink? because some people are the babies of the friend group and aren't quite there yet but wanna hang out with their mates, y'know?

I sure as fuck don't want any part of going to a bar, but I'm sure there are people out there who would like to mingle there

like, just give them one of those fuckin amusement park wristbands that hold together with the strength of heracles and my last two working braincells combined. let's bartenders know not to serve anything to them

now, patrons giving them drinks is their fucking problem, not mine

@Katastrophic group

can we just have, like, a system here in America where people under the drinking age are allowed into bars so long as they don't drink? because some people are the babies of the friend group and aren't quite there yet but wanna hang out with their mates, y'know?

I sure as fuck don't want any part of going to a bar, but I'm sure there are people out there who would like to mingle there

like, just give them one of those fuckin amusement park wristbands that hold together with the strength of heracles and my last two working braincells combined. let's bartenders know not to serve anything to them

now, patrons giving them drinks is their fucking problem, not mine

Those do exist, the ones in my uni area require you to have your hands sharpied with a giant X so the servers know not to give you any alcohol. One in my hometown uses writbands I think, but I've never gone there. The only one that bans under 21 in my area is to avoid the 'hard partiers' that somehow end up drunk even with X's (under 21), so I kinda understand not letting underage people in. Especially in a college town, there is definately a vibe and reputation at places that let everyone in unrestricted.

@berlioz

The alcohol laws are weird in Utah, so most bars are in restaurants that are registered as restaurants. Minors aren't allowed in actual bars I don't think, but it's kind of a hassel to find one.
There used to be law called Zion's Curtain, which made it so costumers (and their children) weren't allowed to see their drinks being made or mixed. It has to be done in a back room or a side closet. In fancier places I've seen fogged glass boxes mixers step into.
I guess the line of thinking is that it prevents childhood drinking by not showing the kid present it's a ~special drink~. To hide where it really comes from, I guess? I'm not sure, it's a Mormon inspired law (like many here). Pretty sure it's almost all the way repealed though.
We also used to have a law that didn't allow any beverage above 3.2% alcohol in stores. Now it's upped to 4%.
To give you an idea, the average state limit allows beverages that contain 12.4% alcohol in grocery stores. Only 18 states even have a limit.
Idk, Utah's just bUiLt diFfEreNt.