forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@darling-velocipede group

Going along with the prior point, know your rights. Know what you do and don't have a right to in the case of an arrest. Maybe even write them down, since you'll likely be very shaken in such an event.

this is so key. a lot of peaceful protesters are getting arrested recently, and you should try and be ready to talk to cops if it comes down to it

@HighPockets group

Going along with the prior point, know your rights. Know what you do and don't have a right to in the case of an arrest. Maybe even write them down, since you'll likely be very shaken in such an event.

this is so key. a lot of peaceful protesters are getting arrested recently, and you should try and be ready to talk to cops if it comes down to it

The right to protest is protected by the Constitution! It falls under Freedom of Assembly!
Don't let the cops take advantage of the fact that you're likely going to be panicked, stressed, and/or injured, don't let them talk you out of/talk around your rights.

@HighPockets group

Also! If you're going to do mouth-to-mouth CPR, there are CPR masks that you can buy to avoid making physical contact but to still be able to get those breaths in

@HighPockets group

Also also! It's very important that you try and stay on your feet; people have been trampled to death in protests/large crowds before, and you don't want to be on the ground if people are trying to get away from tear gas and rubber bullets.

Deleted user

Also, reminder:

DON'T TOUCH OTHER PEOPLE'S BLOOD.
GLOVES OR SOME SORT OF COVER, ALWAYS.

Deleted user

and if you are taking pictures/videos, blur them. make sure nobody is identifiable.

@HighPockets group

Oh, and if you're treating someone, make sure you find out about pre-existing conditions, allergies, etc. They may have some sort of dog-tag or bracelet with them written down (I have an aunt who does) if they're unable to tell you.

@berlioz

Yo that should be printed and in the form of a small book with helpful illustrations and diagrams

To add to our growing booklet

So you wanna diffuse a tear gas canister, huh?
Listen. Tear gas is dangerous, duh. It can cause long term effects, not just initial pain. I highly recommend that only the adults in this chat attempt it. But for legal reasons I recommend no one attempt it. That being said, here's how to attempt it.

Look at how our broskis in Hong Kong do it

What you'll need
-Full face gas mask- don't take the chance with a cloth mask and goggles. You're gunna breath it in.
-Same clothing as the first aid section, full coverage. No skin showing.
-traffic cone or some sort of cover with a hole in it
-a shit ton of water

This only works with small tear gas canisters. In our case, larger ones are usually used.

The canisters are activated through heat. You're job is to cool it down. Luckily, it do be gettin chilly out, so this method will work faster and easier. Cover the canister with the traffic cone and make sure you and a few others are ready to dowse the thing with water. Pour water down the top of the cone. The water should cool it down. The canister will smoke for a bit, but it will be diffused. Again, this only works on small canisters.

@berlioz

Oh, and if you're treating someone, make sure you find out about pre-existing conditions, allergies, etc. They may have some sort of dog-tag or bracelet with them written down (I have an aunt who does) if they're unable to tell you.

In the case if a diabetic, always make sure they have access to snacks and know where their insulin/blood tester is.

@HighPockets group

In the case if a diabetic, always make sure they have access to snacks and know where their insulin/blood tester is.

Indeed! Same with asthmatics, make sure they have access to their inhalers.
Make sure that people aren't allergic/intolerant to the painkillers you'd be giving them as well

Deleted user

I wish I could go to the protests, especially if Trump wins.

same
hopefully he doesn't

@croccin-champagne

if i could drive myself, my mom actually might not even mind me going, as long as i was safe and made sure to follow covid guidelines(half of my family is high risk). i just can't drive lmao and my parents are too busy to shuttle me from protest to protest

Deleted user

i saw a trump rally when i was driving around with my friend
we rolled down the windows and yelled "TRUMP SUCKS"
so that's nice

@HighPockets group

I can't drive and I severely doubt that my parents would drive me to a protest
Protests…are not really my thing, anyways. I'm autistic and loud noises/large groups of people/stress are Very Bad for me.

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

Ok this might be like…idk. I 100% support the movement, don't get me wrong. Like absolutely go to protests, we need to make changes and we need to be heard, but please try and keep it peaceful… if things get violent, don't get caught up in it. All that's gonna happen is people will get hurt and the people trying to abuse the system will look at it and say "wow they're so barbaric, all they want to do is loot and kill and hurt people" and stuff. If the police start shit? Catch it on camera from a safe distance, or try to get people out of the way so they don't get hurt(but be careful if you do that, and know that you're likely placing yourself in danger). The more videos of cops doing shitty things, the more proof there is that they need to be kept in check.

Please just be safe out there

Deleted user

honestly, i will watch anything with other ✨gays✨ in it lmao

@ElderGod-kirky group

i forget how fucking important representation is until I start crying one chapter into a book because the book has queer brown girls

and this is the main reason i have a mexican-native-american gay boy in my nano project

@actual-fandom-trash

i love the gays and read so much lgbtq books but man it's different when it's like,,, closer to me
I'm not Bengali but that's still South Asia!! that's the closest I've Ever gotten and i,,
give me more representation please I don't want to be selfish I just want to be seen