forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@croccin-champagne

jkr

oh GOD. its this movie about an 11 year old girl being peer pressured into hyper sexualizing herself while trying to figure out how to express herself. all great on paper, very important message. except for the fact that the movie literally is exactly what it's trying to be about, which is the hyper sexualization of minors

@HighPockets group

I love D'Angelo!!
Cuties is something that would've worked really well as a book told from the MC's point of view, but as a movie….nope.
Honestly some stuff just can't be made into films (which is something I stand by for many things, not just this atrocity) and Cuties is definitely something that should never have even been greenlit, let alone released to Netflix.

Deleted user

"So you won't be gross anymore! Well… Actually some of y'all are just-… So your feet won't be gross anymore!"

@HighPockets group

The worst part is that the idea on its own isn't awful. A kid is peer pressured into exploiting herself for an adult audience? That happens, it does and it's awful. But deciding to say "let's make this a film! and have actual kids star in it! and barely clothe them and have them twerk!" completely destroys that.
To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi, "you've become the very thing you swore to destroy!"

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

honestly none of this surprises me
with the way our world is, this was bound to happen

Exactly. Sex is everywhere. Young teens are having sex. You’ve all seen the “What I looked like at twelve” things.

@Pickles group

Ohh you mean adults sexualizing children and being upset that they didn't have the access that kids have now to technology and makeup tutorials?