forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

except it doesn't. if that were true, then fifty shades of grey would actually be a good book

you can like a book that is not written well. i love books that are full of promise that wasnt pulled off because it shows that the author had an idea, and might have even better ones in the future. a book can be bad and still be liked.

Why does anyone get to define that though when it's art?

-_- Are you trying to tell us that there's no such thing as a "bad book" and that books can't have glaringly bad things because it's "aRT"

Why should things be good or bad based on anything except if people like them?

Oh my God. Oh wow. Oh wow. Things can be fucking bad. You need to go work that out. Seriously. Things. Can. Be. Bad.

Deleted user

except it doesn't. if that were true, then fifty shades of grey would actually be a good book

you can like a book that is not written well. i love books that are full of promise that wasnt pulled off because it shows that the author had an idea, and might have even better ones in the future. a book can be bad and still be liked.

-_- Are you trying to tell us that there's no such thing as a "bad book" and that books can't have glaringly bad things because it's "aRT"

Oh my God. Oh wow. Oh wow. Things can be fucking bad. You need to go work that out. Seriously. Things. Can. Be. Bad.

Okay why is this worth yelling at me about. Agree to disagree. I think if a lot of people like something that makes it good.

@croccin-champagne

you know what, i actually like that idea, random stranger

because i'm kind of fed up with the refusal to acknowledge flaws in literature, with the constant proclaiming of everyone being hypocrites and brick walls despite refusing to listen to anyone else, and the claims of being attacked when literally all anyone did was disagree

so uh, have fun you guys, pickle please cease for your own mental sanity too

@ElderGod-kirky group

Okay why is this worth yelling at me about. Agree to disagree. I think if a lot of people like something that makes it good.

not necessarily
here's a concept: opinions exist
Just because you think it's good doesn't make it good to other people

@Pickles group

People liking serial killers makes them good? Y'ALL, GO REVIVE TED BUNDY, PEOPLE THOUGHT HE WAS ATTRACTIVE AND NICE
People liking something doesn't make it good. How many times do we have to say that for you to fucking get it already???

Deleted user

not necessarily
here's a concept: opinions exist
Just because you think it's good doesn't make it good to other people

Yes OPINIONS EXIST. Just because you think it's bad, doesn't make it bad to other people?

@croccin-champagne

one last thing i swear

people liked hitler!! so because people liked him, and ghandi and stalin and reagan that means they weren't bad!!!!

Deleted user

one last thing i swear

people liked hitler!! so because people liked him, and ghandi and stalin and reagan that means they weren't bad!!!!

THOSE WERE REAL PEOPLE. NOT FICTITIOUS BOOKS.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I hate the idea of the Candor test, I have so many things that I don't want people knowing, you know?

Yeah. I am terrified of getting drunk for this reason. I already have a hard time keeping control.

Deleted user

books are real but go off ig

Yes but they don't contain real people? They contain events that didn't happen so how good they are is just based on if you like events. Meanwhile real serial killers and dictators killed actual people so it's not up for debate that it's bad. Are you seriously comparing me liking Divergent to me liking Hitler? Because that's honestly f*cked up.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

woah I missed like 11 pages what happened
this is what I get for being social for a day

don't ask, go back to where you came from, it's not worth it

@Pickles group

Yes but they don't contain real people? They contain events that didn't happen so how good they are is just based on if you like events. Meanwhile real serial killers and dictators killed actual people so it's not up for debate that it's bad. Are you seriously comparing me liking Divergent to me liking Hitler? Because that's honestly f*cked up.

Books have real life consequences :/ but maybe you'd need to see that your own, real life, actions have consequences before we move on to something complicated like the obvious affects of fiction.

@Pickles group

woah I missed like 11 pages what happened
this is what I get for being social for a day

Someone can explain it in HvF, reading through isn't worth it, especially the recent stuff

Deleted user

Books have real life consequences :/ but maybe you'd need to see that your own, real life, actions have consequences before we move on to something complicated like the obvious affects of fiction.

Yes but not the way real people do? Harry Potter is not the same as Hitler that's so messed up to even say.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Star Wars and Star Trek is fictious and yet they've impacted the way we see space and advanced technology……………………………………………………………………..

Deleted user

I'm done
It's like arguing with a fuckin circus mirror

No it's like arguing with someone who thinks comparing fiction to Hitler isn't ok even if it has an impact on reality.

@HighPockets group

Star Wars and Star Trek is fictious and yet they've impacted the way we see space and advanced technology……………………………………………………………………..

They literally refer to parts of the Space Race as "Star Wars"

Deleted user

I try to say anything, I get misunderstood, I defend myself, people think I'm attacking them. Nothing can ever go right for me.

@croccin-champagne

I'm done
It's like arguing with a fuckin circus mirror

No it's like arguing with someone who thinks comparing fiction to Hitler isn't ok even if it has an impact on reality.

eat your heart out

the conflict in harry potter directly mirrored hitler and his persecution of jews and people who hid, supported, and allied with them. comparing voldemort to hitler is well within reasonable