forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

Stop pretending we're attacking you. Literally none of us care what books you like and it's self-indulgent, self-absorbed, and annoying as fuck when you victimize yourself.

I'm not pretending you're attacking me at all? Stop pretending I'm pretending you're attacking me. I'm just saying some of these books are really good and you're nitpicking books that were made with good intentions.

Yes. You are. You barely even know what playing the victim means, let alone how to recognize it. We were having a conversation that you weren't even a part of, you don't get to tell us to stop discussing problems with books we like or used to like. You're inserting yourself in what's maybe an attempt to get everyone to like you and if that's what you're doing, it's not going to work.

I'm literally just talking. In a public conversation. In a debate thread. I didn't tell you to stop I just added my input about it. My opinion is Rick Riordan has done a lot more good than harm with his books and the attitude of the conversation felt like you were pointing out his flaws without acknowledging all the good, so I wanted to make sure to acknowledge Rick Riordan has great intentions and does a lot of good.

It's not a goddamned debate thread, get your head out of your ass, you weren't here for any of the name changes of this thread or even the original. You don't even know what it is.

Sorry I thought this was the debate thread. I got the rudeness and debate confused

Deleted user

Harry Potter is a terf,

(Cho chang's name is the British equivalent to ching chong in America.)

Just that it's the most of a flaw out of those.

Ignorant people are the most dangerous

She's kind of messed up but the books still mean a lot to a lot of people and it isn't like they're 100% full of bad stuff, even if there is some bad stuff.

I don't get what you're saying with ignorant people are the most dangerous. Wasn't that part of the Divergent thing?

Deleted user

Jesus Christ why are you so needlessly mean to me. Just say you disagree no need for personal attacks.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

…kinda of messed up? You do realize that it's a slur to the Asian Community right? Sure, it's not as bad as the n word, but its still a slur nonetheless.

Also didn't know if you knew, that's fucking racist.

@Pickles group

Harry Potter is a terf,

(Cho chang's name is the British equivalent to ching chong in America.)

Just that it's the most of a flaw out of those.

Ignorant people are the most dangerous

She's kind of messed up but the books still mean a lot to a lot of people and it isn't like they're 100% full of bad stuff, even if there is some bad stuff.

I don't get what you're saying with ignorant people are the most dangerous. Wasn't that part of the Divergent thing?

It's a statement on its own, sherlock

@HighPockets group

If you can't handle people criticizing a book you like, maybe get off the internet? I love Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, but I acknowledge their flaws. I even like Divergent, although I don't try to falsely insist that it's a great book. But if you're blind to criticism because you enjoy things, well…that's just kind of sad.

@Pickles group

Jesus Christ why are you so needlessly mean to me. Just say you disagree no need for personal attacks.

If you don't want people to speak their mind and be rude, why are you on the fucking rudeness chat????

@croccin-champagne

the hogwarts houses aren't ambition, brave, smart, and kind?

slytherin is ambition, self preservation and knowing your own worth. it's cunning and it's knowing how to get what you want or need. nowhere does it ever say evil, that was joanne kathleen rowling herself who said that

gryffindor is chivalry, bravery, it's the reckless care for the majority. martyrdom and thinking yourself the hero, wanting to be the hero, forgetting that self preservation is important too. in itself, gryffindor can be kindness, but it can also be twisted. because chivalry can mean traditional, and we all know that some of the most 'traditional' characters in the original books were purebloods

ravenclaw is wit, actually. it's not smart. i'd even bet that they have the worst grades out of the whole school, on a general level. it's curiosity and a love of learning, it's wanting to fill your mind and pursue the things that catch your interest. they were never the smart house. people just forgot that wit and smart are different words. wit, meaning something a lot similar to slytherin's cunning, if not similes.

hufflepuff is hardworking and loyal, according to the books. because hufflepuff is where kids go when you can't put them into a binary. it's not kind. there are people who could have been in slytherin there, people who could have stuck themselves in any house but were chosen for hufflepuff because they could have gone to any house.

and god, don't even get me started on how you can't call kids evil. you know how many young children are actually evil? the ones born or made socio or psychopathic. if my little sister was sorted into slytherin, that doesn't make her more likely to be evil. she's just a brat, unrelated.

ambition does not equal a tendency to evil. your upbringing and your own fucking choices do

Deleted user

If you can't handle people criticizing a book you like, maybe get off the internet? I love Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, but I acknowledge their flaws. I even like Divergent, although I don't try to falsely insist that it's a great book. But if you're blind to criticism because you enjoy things, well…that's just kind of sad.

I didn't realize you liked the books, it seemed like you didn't since everyone was only talking about the flaws. I just brought up that they're good things too.

@HighPockets group

If you don't want people to speak their mind and be rude, why are you on the fucking rudeness chat????

Also pointing out willfull ignorance isn't a personal attack.

Deleted user

Because 1. I thought it was the debate chat 2. You are not nearly this mean to anyone else who disagrees with y'all

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

…kinda of messed up? You do realize that it's a slur to the Asian Community right? Sure, it's not as bad as the n word, but its still a slur nonetheless.

Deleted user

Also pointing out willfull ignorance isn't a personal attack.

You can't even see my posts so how do you know if it's willful ignorance.

@Pickles group

I didn't realize you liked the books, it seemed like you didn't since everyone was only talking about the flaws. I just brought up that they're good things too.

Bruh, fuck right on out of here, we all made it clear.

Deleted user

I wasn't saying Cho was kind of messed up, that part is REALLY messed up, I was say JK Rowling herself is kinda messed up. Obviously slurs are racist I'm not stupid.

@croccin-champagne

ignorant people don't understand the implications of their actions, what they say, and who they say it to. ignorant people are easier to teach bigotry to. ignorant people are simply untaught or refuse to be taught, making them dangerous to the safety of people who could be directly affected by their actions

@HighPockets group

Did you just miss the pages of us talking about what we liked about Percy Jackson? Or, more accurately, ignore them to suit your narrative?

@Pickles group

Because 1. I thought it was the debate chat 2. You are not nearly this mean to anyone else who disagrees with y'all

Can't wait for Eris to get back and deal with you.

Deleted user

No you didn't? All you made it clear was that you read them.

@ElderGod-kirky group

People are allowed to critique a piece of work without pointing out the good of it. That's part of life. No one here is saying that all of it is bad, all they've been discussing are the flaws that could've been handled better or eradicated altogether with just a little bit more care and attention to detail. This wasn't a discussion of what the authors did good, it's a discussion of the flaws, which doesn't warrant the addition of what was done good. I don't know why you've gotta butt in and insist they sing their praises for the authors, but whatever, have at it. Just don't tell people that they're in the wrong for not talking about what you want them to talk about.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

ignorant people don't understand the implications of their actions, what they say, and who they say it to. ignorant people are easier to teach bigotry to. ignorant people are simply untaught or refuse to be taught, making them dangerous to the safety of people who could be directly affected by their actions

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@Pickles group

Hey this sounds a little familiar, anyone else-?