forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

Also I would love to rewrite 50 Shades as a thriller but that would require reading the books and I'd rather not.

guy tricks girl into bdsm contract despite being her employer. proceeds to then break said contract repeatedly. doesn't want to date her but she cant date anyone. i think there's like an action climax but if there is its so far from important that i dont care

watch dominic noble's videos on the series

Dude I LOVE Dominic Noble, he's one of my favorite YouTubers!!!

@croccin-champagne

And this, sages, ladies, and gentlemen, is why I have withheld my irrational but stubborn dislike for overhyped ya books. I've sworn to never read them, and I have yet to do so to this day.

Harry Potter is still iffy on whether or not it's worth it to buy all the books

its not and i could literally send you the entire series

@Pickles group

Also I would love to rewrite 50 Shades as a thriller but that would require reading the books and I'd rather not.

Do that. You don't need to read the books, just watch videos of people reading them. Everything's so dull and bland that it doesn't really matter anyway
sOOme things aren't bland though if ya know what I mean

I mean, from the dozens of videos I've seen on it, even the yiff scenes are bland

eVaAaAa ThEyRe NoT sUpPoSeD tO bE vAnIlLa

@croccin-champagne

guy tricks girl into bdsm contract despite being her employer. proceeds to then break said contract repeatedly. doesn't want to date her but she cant date anyone. i think there's like an action climax but if there is its so far from important that i dont care

he's so funny lmao and gives me our dom vibes just a bit

also my mouth is bleeding and blood tastes so gross how do vampires do it

@ElderGod-Icefire

And this, sages, ladies, and gentlemen, is why I have withheld my irrational but stubborn dislike for overhyped ya books. I've sworn to never read them, and I have yet to do so to this day.

I haven't read Harry Potter and people are always like "omg you have to they're the besttttt" but at this point, with everything JKR has done? Nah. I don't feel the need to when there are so many much much better books out there

@HighPockets group

he's so funny lmao and gives me our dom vibes just a bit

also my mouth is bleeding and blood tastes so gross how do vampires do it

Yess I've been trying to get Dom to watch him for months!!

@HighPockets group

Do that. You don't need to read the books, just watch videos of people reading them. Everything's so dull and bland that it doesn't really matter anyway

I mean, from the dozens of videos I've seen on it, even the yiff scenes are bland

You need to be a good writer to write interesting sex scenes. I'd rather read about paint drying.

@HighPockets group

Hopefully not all at once because that'd be one heavy package

@Pickles group

I haven't read Harry Potter and people are always like "omg you have to they're the besttttt" but at this point, with everything JKR has done? Nah. I don't feel the need to when there are so many much much better books out there

They're not that good. It's something you have to read as a child so you have nostalgia for them, not something like Percy Jackson that you can be old and reading them for the first time and enjoy them. Because Uncle Rick is an infinitely better author. But you can pry my Harry Potter merch out of my cold, dead hands because some of that is cool as heck

@ElderGod-kirky group

Ghsjjf
I still have too many books to read yet

@Pickles group

It'd be a heavy package even one at a time

@ElderGod-Icefire

They're not that good. It's something you have to read as a child so you have nostalgia for them, not something like Percy Jackson that you can be old and reading them for the first time and enjoy them. Because Uncle Rick is an infinitely better author. But you can pry my Harry Potter merch out of my cold, dead hands because some of that is cool as heck

Honestly some of the new Percy Jackson stuff is kinda "meh" but I'm still gonna read them because I've been reading them since I was like 12. Harry Potter just was never something I really…wanted to read. Like, I wasn't allowed during the six month period I actually wanted to, and then the vast majority of the rest of the time, I don't give a shit about it

@HighPockets group

I love the last four books but honestly a big teenage revelation is that I don't love Harry Potter as much as I thought I did (and that I prefer Fantastic Beasts lmao)
Like, it's a good series but it doesn't have the staying power for me that The Hunger Games, Illuminae, and The Diviners do for me.

@Pickles group

You need to be a good writer to write interesting sex scenes. I'd rather read about paint drying.

Fair but I'm pretty sure you'd also rather read about paint drying over well written and interesting sex scenes at least I would

@HighPockets group

It'd be a heavy package even one at a time

Eh, they don't get dummy thicc til the fourth book. If they're softcover you should be fine.

@HighPockets group

Fair but I'm pretty sure you'd also rather read about paint drying over well written and interesting sex scenes at least I would

Depends on if I like the characters involved (and if the writing is decent. E.L. James wouldn't know good writing if it slapped her in the face)

@Pickles group

Honestly some of the new Percy Jackson stuff is kinda "meh" but I'm still gonna read them because I've been reading them since I was like 12. Harry Potter just was never something I really…wanted to read. Like, I wasn't allowed during the six month period I actually wanted to, and then the vast majority of the rest of the time, I don't give a shit about it

True having difficulty getting through the new stuff, oop but the first series is chef's kiss and I'd still rather read ToA than read HP at this point without having read it before. Maybe even rereading it tbh

@HighPockets group

Also the Harry Potter LEGO sets are excellent (except for the stupid joints in 2010 Hogwarts that break whenever you pick it up :[) and LEGO Ginny (the 2010 one) is adorable. The new face they gave her is not.

@ElderGod-Icefire

True having difficulty getting through the new stuff, oop but the first series is chef's kiss and I'd still rather read ToA than read HP at this point without having read it before. Maybe even rereading it tbh

Yeahh Trials of Apollo isn't the greatest. Magnus Chase was awesome tho

@ElderGod-kirky group

I read the first ToA and never had the desire to read the others. Partially because I'm in denial about

But also because it was just wasn't interesting enough to me. Iirc, Apollo was too whiny for my taste.