forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@croccin-champagne

so, because he was a teacher, if tris were to turn down his advances he basically had the power to make her a social outcast and fucking homeless

@Pickles group

Also Four and Tris's relationship always seemed off to me. Mainly because he was in a position of power over her.

wasn't he also like super old compared to her?

and okay, admittedly, i haven't read them in forever but i could've sworn there was a point where he like, used his past abuse to manipulate her

Yeah he was like umu my dad beat me, come watch and save me, also I was from your faction and I had to leave to get away from him
And then I'm pretty sure he spouted his 'reasoning' which was either basically the same as hers or turned into hers later on

coughemotionallyabusivecough

And then iirc everything that happened romantically between them was after that part

@HighPockets group

Also Four and Tris's relationship always seemed off to me. Mainly because he was in a position of power over her.

and okay, admittedly, i haven't read them in forever but i could've sworn there was a point where he like, used his past abuse to manipulate her

He's 18 so it's not that bad compared to others, but all I could think was "this guy's practically a kid, why is he in this position of power? He's not even some prodigy Dauntless kid, he's an Abnegation transfer"
idr for sure, but there was a part where he took her through his fear landscape and one of those was his father beating him.

Even irl there's such a power dynamic between sophomores and seniors that are just meeting, and when you add the fact that he's somehow a teacher, you just exacerbate it and use a "there's only a two year difference" to excuse the whole thing

It just comes off as creepy, and makes him seem like a Mary Sue.

@Pickles group

so, because he was a teacher, if tris were to turn down his advances he basically had the power to make her a social outcast and fucking homeless

But it's okay because sHe LiKeS hIm ToO

@HighPockets group

Yep
And basically worse than homeless since as far as I know, there's not really shelters, soup kitchens, etc. and you're cut off from every family member and can't even stay with them while you get back on your feet. iirc, practically all of the "factionless" people are shown as evil or gross.

@HighPockets group

Yeah he was like umu my dad beat me, come watch and save me, also I was from your faction and I had to leave to get away from him
And then I'm pretty sure he spouted his 'reasoning' which was either basically the same as hers or turned into hers later on

And then iirc everything that happened romantically between them was after that part

Didn't he also kiss her while she was drunk?

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I vaguely recall that

@Pickles group

He was the drunk one but I think so. He at the very least hit on her but y'know it's fine cause he's drUnk and she liked it

@HighPockets group

He was the drunk one but I think so. He at the very least hit on her but y'know it's fine cause he's drUnk and she liked it

Hahaha yes not at all irresponsible to get drunk and hit on your underage student
Totally normal
Not at all an HR violation

@Pickles group

divergent basically had all the makings of either a commentary on the abuse of positions of power, or a literal fucking horror thriller

And yet-

@HighPockets group

divergent basically had all the makings of either a commentary on the abuse of positions of power, or a literal fucking horror thriller

And instead we got a knockoff Hunger Games with none of the depth

@HighPockets group

what i'm hearing is that i either need to rewrite divergent as a better dystopian ya, or as a thriller/commentary

I will unironically help

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

what i'm hearing is that i either need to rewrite divergent as a better dystopian ya, or as a thriller/commentary

We should each buy a copy with extra-big margins and put footnotes everywhere

@Pickles group

I will unironically help

^^^ I'm already helping my friend rewrite the house of night and I'm on the brink of rewriting pll myself

@HighPockets group

I will unironically help

^^^ I'm already helping my friend rewrite the house of night and I'm on the brink of rewriting pll myself

I WILL UNIRONICALLY HELP

@Pickles group

Also I would love to rewrite 50 Shades as a thriller but that would require reading the books and I'd rather not.

Do that. You don't need to read the books, just watch videos of people reading them. Everything's so dull and bland that it doesn't really matter anyway
sOOme things aren't bland though if ya know what I mean

@HighPockets group

Also I would love to rewrite 50 Shades as a thriller but that would require reading the books and I'd rather not.

Do that. You don't need to read the books, just watch videos of people reading them. Everything's so dull and bland that it doesn't really matter anyway
sOOme things aren't bland though if ya know what I mean

I mean, from the dozens of videos I've seen on it, even the yiff scenes are bland

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I tried to send my mom kitten pictures but the pictures didn’t send so she only got an ominous message saying “she attack” with no caps or punctuation and I didn’t notice until nearly an hour later

@HighPockets group

I tried to send my mom kitten pictures but the pictures didn’t send so she only got an ominous message saying “she attack” with no caps or punctuation and I didn’t notice until nearly an hour later

Me texting Lizzie lmao

@ElderGod-kirky group

And this, sages, ladies, and gentlemen, is why I have withheld my irrational but stubborn dislike for overhyped ya books. I've sworn to never read them, and I have yet to do so to this day.

Harry Potter is still iffy on whether or not it's worth it to buy all the books

@croccin-champagne

guy tricks girl into bdsm contract despite being her employer. proceeds to then break said contract repeatedly. doesn't want to date her but she cant date anyone. i think there's like an action climax but if there is its so far from important that i dont care

watch dominic noble's videos on the series

@Pickles group

Me texting Lizzie lmao

Can confirm