forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@ccb group

There are a lot of true crime documentaries that are pretty good. Personally I'm more of a fan of the zodiac killer ones rather than others because they tend to be more centered around victims and who did it rather than showing super intense reenactments and gore. You have to be careful about which ones you watch though because some of them go in with the "I'm GOING to solve this by the end of this video" and it comes across super condescending. Iirc there's a good video on Alissa Turney (which is a bonkers case) and that channel's supposed to be good. But I can't remember what it is. I haven't watched any videos in over a year aside from some of my friends being all yOuD lIkE bUzZfEeD uNsOlVeD lEtS wAtCh It (spoiler: I don't.)

i think part of why i like arg content so much is because the way it blurs the line between fiction and reality kind of gives you the best of both worlds; there's typically no indication that it's fiction, at least not at first and not in a traditional sense, so a lot of the time it's jarring and scary in a very visceral way in the same vein as true crime/irl horror. but at the same time, even before it becomes clear that it's a work of fiction, it's vague enough that it's more creepy than gory, and since it is a work of fiction, there's no real victims' stories to sensationalize. while i'm rambling about this, my two favorite stories are erratas and enricks/sexygirlmax2019 (i promise it's not actually nsfw lol). i think the reason buzzfeed unsolved never quite clicked with me is because when i'm in a spooky mood i want a spooky tone, and i want a funny tone when i'm in a funny mood (although that's 100% just a personal preference, unsolved has a huge and very passionate fanbase and i totally get the appeal)

@ElderGod-Icefire

Hate to interrupt, but wow, i sure do love my family (: (that's sarcastic, by the way). I just love how as soon as the shouting starts my hands start shaking and I get scared that someone is going to shout at me or throw something at me again. Sure do love it, it's my favorite thing ever

@ccb group

Hate to interrupt, but wow, i sure do love my family (: (that's sarcastic, by the way). I just love how as soon as the shouting starts my hands start shaking and I get scared that someone is going to shout at me or throw something at me again. Sure do love it, it's my favorite thing ever

that's the worst feeling, i'm sorry. it absolutely sucks when the people who are meant to be your safe haven make you feel completely unsafe. shouting is such a massive trigger for me and it's awful

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

that's the worst feeling, i'm sorry. it absolutely sucks when the people who are meant to be your safe haven make you feel completely unsafe. shouting is such a massive trigger for me and it's awful

Can completely relate, whenever someone yells or shouts at me, I completely shut down and start crying, its terrible.

@HighPockets group

Can completely relate, whenever someone yells or shouts at me, I completely shut down and start crying, its terrible.

Especially when your parents like refuse to listen to your POV at all and just keep talking over you as you try to defend yourself.

@Pickles group

Okay, the divergent movies get a lot of well-deservedhate and poking at plotholes but something I never see talked about is

@HighPockets group

Also can we just acknowledge that all of the factions are just like…straight-up cults?? Like say what you will about the Hogwarts houses but at least Hufflepuff isn't drugging the water to keep everyone calm, and Gryffindor isn't forcing people into near-death situations (besides usual school shenanigans)
Also the way Erudite is handled is really weird to me, but I can't quite put my finger on why

@HighPockets group

The Candor test is lowkey horrifying, like you get drugged up on truth serum and asked questions by everyone? Maybe it's just because I'm closeted but that's terrifying and I hate it. I mean we all know that Roth didn't consider that bc she buries her gays but-

@HighPockets group

And keeping something secret really isn't being dishonest? Like I consider myself Candor because I have barely any filter, but I guard my secrets very well and I don't see that as dishonesty, just protection.

@croccin-champagne

I hate the idea of the Candor test, I have so many things that I don't want people knowing, you know?

unfortunately i'm so bad at keeping my own secrets that they would literally just have to get me talking long enough and my brain to mouth filter wouldn't fucking exist anymore. they'd be drugging me to shut up

@croccin-champagne

which one's erudite again?

The smart ones that are repeatedly villainized waaaay more than any other faction

was erudite literally just….the smart faction? cause all the other's were based on personality traits/moral things and i remember nothing about erudite at all, which may be the root of the problem with the writing…

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I hate the idea of the Candor test, I have so many things that I don't want people knowing, you know?

unfortunately i'm so bad at keeping my own secrets that they would literally just have to get me talking long enough and my brain to mouth filter wouldn't fucking exist anymore. they'd be drugging me to shut up

I mean, that's true, too
They'll start by asking me about, idk pets or something, then 10 minutes later I'll be going on about every other faction and listing all my other experiences

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

The smart ones that are repeatedly villainized waaaay more than any other faction

was erudite literally just….the smart faction? cause all the other's were based on personality traits/moral things and i remember nothing about erudite at all, which may be the root of the problem with the writing…

They're basically Ravenclaw but dystopian, villainized and stripped of all emotion

@HighPockets group

Yeah, they're Smart and do Research
I mean I guess on some higher level it's about valuing self-education and the pursuit of knowledge (which makes the demonization even weirder) but it's not really ever presented like that.
Contrast to Ravenclaw, which has intellectualism, creativity, and wit as opposed to just book smarts

@croccin-champagne

they lead it off with like 'why did your father leave' and next thing they know i'm going on and on about how generation after generation are breeding bad fathers and then i'm talking about camping and then my favorite foods and by the time i actually reach anything they'd want to know, they're like 'okay ykno what never mind have fun please leave'

@HighPockets group

they lead it off with like 'why did your father leave' and next thing they know i'm going on and on about how generation after generation are breeding bad fathers and then i'm talking about camping and then my favorite foods and by the time i actually reach anything they'd want to know, they're like 'okay ykno what never mind have fun please leave'

I can barely answer a question without jumping into some explanation or anecdote anyways lmao, imaging that on drugs is wild

@croccin-champagne

I mean I guess on some higher level it's about valuing self-education and the pursuit of knowledge (which makes the demonization even weirder) but it's not really ever presented like that.
Contrast to Ravenclaw, which has intellectualism, creativity, and wit as opposed to just book smarts

you heard it here folks veronica roth supported the brainwashing of kids into believing that learning was bad unless it was done in a rigid controlled format

i'm like convinced it was just a random addition last minute for plot twist purposes. didn't her brother end up going there? roth was writing her first draft and was just like 'wait…what if he…ditched his family to go work for smart people who are inherently evil?'

@HighPockets group

you heard it here folks veronica roth supported the brainwashing of kids into believing that learning was bad unless it was done in a rigid controlled format

i'm like convinced it was just a random addition last minute for plot twist purposes. didn't her brother end up going there? roth was writing her first draft and was just like 'wait…what if he…ditched his family to go work for smart people who are inherently evil?'

The way that Abnegation (which is literally a cult. you can't wear anything that isn't like loose and grey, no mirrors, haircuts once a month, etc. it's so weird) is shown as nice and friendly people who are being unrightfully mistreated by the spooky scary Erudites bugs me too

@ElderGod-Icefire

Especially when your parents like refuse to listen to your POV at all and just keep talking over you as you try to defend yourself.

I was gonna respond last night but went to bed, woops. But yeah. The thing is, they weren't even shouting at me this time, they were shouting at my brothers bc they (the brothers) were fighting again