forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

I don't even think I've lost this many brain cells in one chat and that Debate one was awful.

How is it possible you've never learned from your mistakes even after being told what you're doing wrong so many times?

Show me where I attacked you. Show me where I made a mistake beyond just speaking too soon and bad wording.

Thats the fucking problem, it wasn't a fucking attack as you make it out to be, You stated your opinion, we disagreed and commented why. You stated your side, but to only ignore everything else and say things that only fit your narrative. You say things that are just wrong and people are trying to correct you. It was never an attack until you made it one.

The first time I got defensive was when I got told I was playing the victim… for saying some books meant a lot to me. You act like I don't read everything but then you don't read everything. This is so frustrating.

You played the victim from your first post. People will call you on it, DUH. And also in the first post, you said books meant a lot to you. No one said they couldn't. At all. Ever. None of us said that.

Deleted user

( I literally can't.
I'm done
I'm so done

This isn't worth my time,
you are not worth my time

I tried.)

Yeah I'm not worth your time. What are you even "trying" to do, tell me JK Rowling isn't a good person which I showed I already know? Just because she's a bad person doesn't mean EVERYTHING in the HP books is bad.

@croccin-champagne

I don't even think I've lost this many brain cells in one chat and that Debate one was awful.

How is it possible you've never learned from your mistakes even after being told what you're doing wrong so many times?

Show me where I attacked you. Show me where I made a mistake beyond just speaking too soon and bad wording.

Thats the fucking problem, it wasn't a fucking attack as you make it out to be, You stated your opinion, we disagreed and commented why. You stated your side, but to only ignore everything else and say things that only fit your narrative. You say things that are just wrong and people are trying to correct you. It was never an attack until you made it one.

The first time I got defensive was when I got told I was playing the victim… for saying some books meant a lot to me. You act like I don't read everything but then you don't read everything. This is so frustrating.

you….you made it seem like we were getting mad at you for liking the books…so pickle said that you were playing the victim card….cause ykno, you acted like they were the villans for explaining simple problems….so yeah no we read everything don't worry

@Pickles group

…Have you ever considered that you're the problem? I mean we've had this discussion so many times, but I'm not sure if it sunk in

This is about books. I'm not trying to do anything but share my opinion. Have you ever considered that you all just like having someone to sh*t on and you pick me because I speak before I think sometimes. Calm down, I was just trying to add that the books have good things too. That's it and I don't know how this spralled so much.

Sprawled*
Nonono no. No. You attacked us because the authors have "good intentions" and we said things weren't thoroughly researched. Do NOT turn this on us.

Show me where I attacked you. xD

You need to take a long, hard look at yourself and realize when you mess up and take ownership of it instead of your stupid "xD I don't know any better teach me and do all my dirty work for me, repetitively, while I tell you you aren't helping UWU >.<"

Ummm… for real show me where I attacked you. Are you just attacking me because you know I didn't and you need to make me look like the bad guy?

Read this again.

You need to take a long, hard look at yourself and realize when you mess up and take ownership of it instead of your stupid "xD I don't know any better teach me and do all my dirty work for me, repetitively, while I tell you you aren't helping UWU >.<

I know it's hard for you, but let my meaning sink in.

READ WHAT I SAID AGAIN. Talking to this chat is like a brick wall that wants to yell at me nonstop.

You're the brick wall and you're just proving our point by ignoring us when we tell you that.

Deleted user

You played the victim from your first post. People will call you on it, DUH. And also in the first post, you said books meant a lot to you. No one said they couldn't. At all. Ever. None of us said that.

No I literally didn't. That wasn't playing the victim. If I said "you can't say ANYTHING bad about the books because they helped my depression" that would be one thing. I was just wondering if it was bad to like them at all like if its an all or nothing thing.

@Pickles group

Seriously I'll wait. Show me where I ATTACKED anyone. Overreacting much?

I've said this to you over and over again
It's about everyone trying to educate you on why you are wrong and you not taking any of the fucking advice.

WTF I don't even know what you're talking about because this is not about personal stuff it's about books. It's opinions and not facts so what do you mean educate.

no one ever said you couldn't like the books.

and actually, it is fucking facts. it is facts that these books have issues with representation on an actually fully correct level. it is facts that veronica roth didn't write the best books ever. from a fucking factual literary standpoint, you soggy lampshade.

The representation thing sure, but how good Divergent is, is opinion.

Oh my gold, you keep being so blatantly hypocritical that it's not even funny anymore.

Deleted user

It's about everyone trying to educate you on why you are wrong and you not taking any of the fucking advice.

WTF I don't even know what you're talking about because this is not about personal stuff it's about books. It's opinions and not facts so what do you mean educate.

and actually, it is fucking facts. it is facts that these books have issues with representation on an actually fully correct level. it is facts that veronica roth didn't write the best books ever. from a fucking factual literary standpoint, you soggy lampshade.

Oh my gold, you keep being so blatantly hypocritical that it's not even funny anymore.

WTF? How?

@croccin-champagne

…..no? not the stuff we're pointing out, no? again, do i have to say that i liked the books as a fun read that didn't take too much overthinking? do i have to say that as a writer i would hope to never write a book so full of plotholes and issues?

Deleted user

…..no? not the stuff we're pointing out, no? again, do i have to say that i liked the books as a fun read that didn't take too much overthinking? do i have to say that as a writer i would hope to never write a book so full of plotholes and issues?

But it can still be a good book? Beyond the problematic stuff, how good a book is depends on how much someone likes it.

@polkadots11

(Hey guys I'm Julia's IRL friend, she's clearly not in a good mental state right now which is why this convo isn't really going anywhere. (Julia I'm not trying to be mean) Don't try to engage her right now because it won't go anywhere, she's just working herself up.)

@croccin-champagne

except it doesn't. if that were true, then fifty shades of grey would actually be a good book

you can like a book that is not written well. i love books that are full of promise that wasnt pulled off because it shows that the author had an idea, and might have even better ones in the future. a book can be bad and still be liked.

Deleted user

except it doesn't. if that were true, then fifty shades of grey would actually be a good book

you can like a book that is not written well. i love books that are full of promise that wasnt pulled off because it shows that the author had an idea, and might have even better ones in the future. a book can be bad and still be liked.

Why does anyone get to define that though when it's art?

@ElderGod-kirky group

Alright
NTK
Please for the love of gold just face the fact that we disagree with you, are tired of having you pick and choose which parts of our posts you want to spin into your own little narrative, and aren't going to change how we discuss books, whether or not we like them? You constantly arguing isn't going to change that, and really, all it's doing is digging you further and further into a hole that you repeatedly dig for yourself whenever you do this same fucking dance.

Deleted user

(Hey guys I'm Julia's IRL friend, she's clearly not in a good mental state right now which is why this convo isn't really going anywhere. (Julia I'm not trying to be mean) Don't try to engage her right now because it won't go anywhere, she's just working herself up.)

I'm not working myself up I'm just putting in my two cents and I'm in a FINE mental state, I just told you I was frustrated from getting yelled at. I'm not 2 years old.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Her mental state is no excuse for her willingful ignorance and rudeness.

@polkadots11

No obviously not, but now isn't the time for a productive talk, she needs time to cool off and take a step back.

@croccin-champagne

because plot holes exist? bad writing can be anywhere from littered with spelling errors, to just making incredibly toxic relationships and calling them healthy. bad writing spans so many things and you know what? as writers, we get to call bad writing because we can recognize our own writing in other people. our own writing before we made progress

if veronic roth were to rewrite the entire divergent series i would buy it and read it. because people grow as writers and you can't just say 'oh this incredibly flawed writing is perfect' and ignore the fact that it is flawed. you can't do it with people, you can't do it with books

Deleted user

No obviously not, but now isn't the time for a productive talk, she needs time to cool off and take a step back.

xD You too now? I wasn't "worked up" until everyone misunderstood me because maybe I didn't word things perfectly.

@Pickles group

-_- Are you trying to tell us that there's no such thing as a "bad book" and that books can't have glaringly bad things because it's "aRT"

@croccin-champagne

look i'm sorry hon, but she does this every single day. if she is incapable of having a productive conversation do to her mental state ever, then…man, idek know what to say to that

Deleted user

-_- Are you trying to tell us that there's no such thing as a "bad book" and that books can't have glaringly bad things because it's "aRT"

Why should things be good or bad based on anything except if people like them?

@Pickles group

xD You too now? I wasn't "worked up" until everyone misunderstood me because maybe I didn't word things perfectly.

You just said you weren't worked up.

@polkadots11

look i'm sorry hon, but she does this every single day. if she is incapable of having a productive conversation do to her mental state ever, then…man, idek know what to say to that

I'm going to try to talk to her privately when she dials it back, but I'm begging you not to engage her right now.

Deleted user

You just said you weren't worked up.

Well now even someone I thought was my friend is against me.