forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

If you can't handle people criticizing a book you like, maybe get off the internet? I love Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, but I acknowledge their flaws. I even like Divergent, although I don't try to falsely insist that it's a great book. But if you're blind to criticism because you enjoy things, well…that's just kind of sad.

I didn't realize you liked the books, it seemed like you didn't since everyone was only talking about the flaws. I just brought up that they're good things too.

Bruh, fuck right on out of here, we all made it clear.

No you didn't? All you made it clear was that you read them.

We all said multiple times that we liked them or used to like them (Divergent. It was Divergent. We all used to like Divergent.)

Deleted user

ignorant people don't understand the implications of their actions, what they say, and who they say it to. ignorant people are easier to teach bigotry to. ignorant people are simply untaught or refuse to be taught, making them dangerous to the safety of people who could be directly affected by their actions

I'm not calling you out I'm just asking. So are you saying that's the problem with Slytherin, is that the parents of people in that house and the families are ignorant, not that ambition is bad? Because that's what I was trying to say pretty much, except that having a one track mind about your goals, makes you more likely to do that.

@HighPockets group

If you can't handle people criticizing a book you like, maybe get off the internet? I love Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, but I acknowledge their flaws. I even like Divergent, although I don't try to falsely insist that it's a great book. But if you're blind to criticism because you enjoy things, well…that's just kind of sad.

I didn't realize you liked the books, it seemed like you didn't since everyone was only talking about the flaws. I just brought up that they're good things too.

Bruh, fuck right on out of here, we all made it clear.

No you didn't? All you made it clear was that you read them.

We all said multiple times that we liked them or used to like them (Divergent. It was Divergent. We all used to like Divergent.)

I literally said "I love Harry Potter and Percy Jackson" multiple times but mmkay

@Pickles group

Jesus Christ why are you so needlessly mean to me. Just say you disagree no need for personal attacks.

If you don't want people to speak their mind and be rude, why are you on the fucking rudeness chat????

Also pointing out willfull ignorance isn't a personal attack.

You can't even see my posts so how do you know if it's willful ignorance.

She can see what you post when people quote it. I would add "dumbass" but that's too mean for the RUDENESS CHAT apparently.

Deleted user

People are allowed to critique a piece of work without pointing out the good of it. That's part of life. No one here is saying that all of it is bad, all they've been discussing are the flaws that could've been handled better or eradicated altogether with just a little bit more care and attention to detail. This wasn't a discussion of what the authors did good, it's a discussion of the flaws, which doesn't warrant the addition of what was done good. I don't know why you've gotta butt in and insist they sing their praises for the authors, but whatever, have at it. Just don't tell people that they're in the wrong for not talking about what you want them to talk about.

Okay I didn't tell people they were in the wrong, ever, just shared that there are good things. If anyone took at as me saying you can't talk about the flaws that's a you problem.

@HighPockets group

Jesus Christ why are you so needlessly mean to me. Just say you disagree no need for personal attacks.

If you don't want people to speak their mind and be rude, why are you on the fucking rudeness chat????

She can see what you post when people quote it. I would add "dumbass" but that's too mean for the RUDENESS CHAT apparently.

I can tell that it's willful ignorance since a) people quote you and b) you seem to be trying to smear us as bad faith critics when we're obviously not.

Deleted user

Yes and not all my posts are quoted. So she can't see them all. Obviously. Don't call me a dumbass when you're ignoring facts.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Yes and not all my posts are quoted. So she can't see them all. Obviously. Don't call me a dumbass when you're ignoring facts.

Thats the most hypocritical thing I've ever heard and I've heard so much worse

Deleted user

…Have you ever considered that you're the problem? I mean we've had this discussion so many times, but I'm not sure if it sunk in

This is about books. I'm not trying to do anything but share my opinion. Have you ever considered that you all just like having someone to sh*t on and you pick me because I speak before I think sometimes. Calm down, I was just trying to add that the books have good things too. That's it and I don't know how this spralled so much.

@Pickles group

Also Crocs I get the point you were trying to make a little bit ago (and it's a good one), but I'd like to say that sociopaths and psychopaths are not inherently evil. A lot of sociopaths and psychopaths go on to be productive or at least not damaging members of society and Not Serial Killers

@croccin-champagne

ignorant people don't understand the implications of their actions, what they say, and who they say it to. ignorant people are easier to teach bigotry to. ignorant people are simply untaught or refuse to be taught, making them dangerous to the safety of people who could be directly affected by their actions

I'm not calling you out I'm just asking. So are you saying that's the problem with Slytherin, is that the parents of people in that house and the families are ignorant, not that ambition is bad? Because that's what I was trying to say pretty much, except that having a one track mind about your goals, makes you more likely to do that.

actually, what i said a few pages ago was that part of why so many kids come out of that house angry at the world and hating it is because of their environment. everyone says they're evil. everyone says they have to be racist. and as a kid i know that being told repeatedly that you are something makes it hard to think you don't have to be. yes, some of the families are actual racist bigots. yes, their kids learn that too. but no one exactly tries to un-teach the brainwashing of these kids, do they?

and no, ambition is not a one track mind. it's being willing to put the work into your goals. that's it.

Deleted user

Thats the most hypocritical thing I've ever heard and I've heard so much worse.

What? How is it the most if you've heard worse. That makes no sense.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

…Have you ever considered that you're the problem? I mean we've had this discussion so many times, but I'm not sure if it sunk in

This is about books. I'm not trying to do anything but share my opinion. Have you ever considered that you all just like having someone to sh*t on and you pick me because I speak before I think sometimes. Calm down, I was just trying to add that the books have good things too. That's it and I don't know how this spralled so much.

It's the fact that you clearly haven't read though this chat and ignored stated facts in order to fit your narrative. We've said we liked multiple series.

Deleted user

It's the fact that you clearly haven't read though this chat and ignored stated facts in order to fit your narrative. We've said we liked multiple series.

Okay I only read through some of the chat. Ya got me. I didn't come out of the gate yelling at people though, just saying what I thought.

Deleted user

AMBITION. IS .NOT. INHERENTLY. EVIL.

I. NEVER. SAID. IT. WAS.

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Okay I only read through some of the chat. Ya got me. I didn't come out of the gate yelling at people though, just saying what I thought.

Yeah, I didn't start yelling until you took it way to far.

Calm down

@croccin-champagne

Also Crocs I get the point you were trying to make a little bit ago (and it's a good one), but I'd like to say that sociopaths and psychopaths are not inherently evil. A lot of sociopaths and psychopaths go on to be productive or at least not damaging members of society and Not Serial Killers

oh no i know! i just meant–and didn't make it very clear–that should any children be more likely to be evil, due to that 'inherent' sort of thing, it would be those kids. because unfortunately they tend to not often be taught that 'just because you don't feel that it's bad doesn't mean it isn't', because a lot of people make bad decisions regarding children falling under that category

it's also a big part environment! kids with those tendencies raised in a way that doesn't teach them to at least recognize right or wrong will likely end up doing plenty of 'wrong'

@Pickles group

Sprawled*
Nonono no. No. You attacked us because the authors have "good intentions" and we said things weren't thoroughly researched. Do NOT turn this on us.

@croccin-champagne

AMBITION. IS .NOT. INHERENTLY. EVIL.

I. NEVER. SAID. IT. WAS.

you certainly implied that ambition was, inherently, close enough to problematic to be the more likely trait to fall into that

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

No just that out of ambitious, brave, smart, and kind, the quality that is most likely to lead to someone being evil is ambitious. Everyone is ambitious, I am too. Just that it's the most of a flaw out out of those.

Deleted user

Yeah, I didn't start yelling until you took it way to far.

Calm down

How did I take it too far? I didn't insult anyone. I just got told I was playing the victim somehow when I was just trying to say I like the books and they mean a lot to me. Yeah, people do act like the things they're told, and you all keep telling me I'm this annoying person who can't say anything even a little disagreeable or else I'm the devil.