forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

personally? i think you shouldn't date in highschool, and also don't date highschool boys. cher horowitz knew what was up

but i'm also going to say that at least, if you do date, do it smart. and when your heart gets broken, if you're still talking to us, absolutely come talk to me

and you'll be prepared for dating as an adult, at the very least, which is a bonus there

Thank you for the offer, of which I'm sure to take you up on lol.

I'm going into my junior year, and I haven't seen a single healthy long-term relationship between kids my age. Maybe one or two are stable, but I've seen waaaay more that fall apart after a few weeks.

^^^ except I'll be a senior. Some last for a few months or longer and they might seem healthy and loving on the surface, but that's a Lie. They're not good

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

It's been so long since I've read Harry Potter, all I remember of the Hufflepuff students was that dude who got frozen into stone or some shit and Cedric.

@Pickles group

YES THAT'S THE BITCH!

Don't even remember that. But I think Ernie was legit after he got over his big head.

Did any of those Hufflepuffs even come back in any capacity after the second book?

Ernie (and Cedric ofc). And Hannah was mentioned in the graveyard scene. But no.

What did Ernie do? Idr

@croccin-champagne

personally? i think you shouldn't date in highschool, and also don't date highschool boys. cher horowitz knew what was up

but i'm also going to say that at least, if you do date, do it smart. and when your heart gets broken, if you're still talking to us, absolutely come talk to me

and you'll be prepared for dating as an adult, at the very least, which is a bonus there

you are completely welcome to. sometimes you just need someone you don't know irl to talk to and i want to offer that to you, and all of my other friends interested in dating

@HighPockets group

I'm going into my junior year, and I haven't seen a single healthy long-term relationship between kids my age. Maybe one or two are stable, but I've seen waaaay more that fall apart after a few weeks.

^^^ except I'll be a senior. Some last for a few months or longer and they might seem healthy and loving on the surface, but that's a Lie. They're not good

Oh, and definitely do not get with someone simply to go to prom or homecoming with them. There's a weird pressure to, and I'd honestly just recommend going with some friends, if at all.

@ElderGod-kirky group

Going on senior year, and I've attempted to help with multiple relationships, but they were all toxic and Bad. I never participated in the phenomenon known as dating.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

He said stuff, joined fighting, said "I support you" to Harry. One favorite of mine was when he turned around to see who had thrown a sausage at him. (Ron did it by accident while he was gesturing at Hermione.)

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Oh, and definitely do not get with someone simply to go to prom or homecoming with them. There's a weird pressure to, and I'd honestly just recommend going with some friends, if at all.

Yeah, lots of my friends are dating rn, and I mean I've "dated", but yeah that ended quickly.

Also next question: Whats an acceptable age gap to date? Most of my friends are dating people 1-3 years older, only a few are dating people their same age.

@croccin-champagne

jyn is, as usual, completely right. only ask someone if youre a) already into them and wanting to take things a step further b) going as friends or c) already dating

@HighPockets group

Yeah, lots of my friends are dating rn, and I mean I've "dated", but yeah that ended quickly.

Also next question: Whats an acceptable age gap to date? Most of my friends are dating people 1-3 years older, only a few are dating people their same age.

In high school? I'd only date a year above or below, if a different age at all.

@RedTheLoveless

sorry about missing the mod message red, i was mid typing lmao

also in other news i'm debating subjecting myself to the tragedy that is glee because we have a month of netflix left and im bored

I understand.

Don't. I mean, you can if you want, if you have nothing else better to do.

hdfhdfhgd i take it you weren't a fan of glee

Not really. I suffered though the first season and then decided enough was enough. You might have a different opinion though

all i know is santana is a badass(rest in peace, naya rivera), rachel is a bitch, and every character deserved more stage presence than rachel

Pretty much.

@HighPockets group

jyn is, as usual, completely right. only ask someone if youre a) already into them and wanting to take things a step further b) going as friends or c) already dating

<3
Yeah, I saw so many classmates get together just for hoco or prom (well, not prom since I've never been at school for prom season lmao) and get dumped a few days after, and it's not good.

@Pickles group

In highschool, 1. 2 is on thin ice if no one's a freshman. 3 is "I'm not dating you because I like you, I'm dating you because I want to sleep with you and no one my age will date me because I'm creepy and they know it" and/or a power thing

@croccin-champagne

i follow the philosophy of 'boys my age are fucking stupid as hell as if' and 'guys who are seniors are spooky as anything more than friends' so

and this is coming from someone who had a crush on a senior and started dating him at fifteen. he's eighteen

@Pickles group

<3
Yeah, I saw so many classmates get together just for hoco or prom (well, not prom since I've never been at school for prom season lmao) and get dumped a few days after, and it's not good.

Power move: dump them a few days before. That's what I did but we already talked about that

@croccin-champagne

<3

imagine getting dumped lmao. of all the relationships i've been in(one i wouldn't even call a relationship, one was online, and one was my friend and i joking around im pretty sure, only one was valid) i've always ended it

so yeah tip #whatever we're on, do the dumping

@Pickles group

<3

imagine getting dumped lmao. of all the relationships i've been in(one i wouldn't even call a relationship, one was online, and one was my friend and i joking around im pretty sure, only one was valid) i've always ended it

I've only been "dumped" once and it was as a freshman coming from a senior so…yeah that says a lot

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

thank you so much for the advice. I'm just asking because I'm going into high school as a freshman and there's been this huge pressure to start dating. Like none of us had ever dated, but then suddenly, one of us did and it was like BAM get a boyfriend, get a boyfriend, get a boyfriend

@croccin-champagne

<3

I've only been "dumped" once and it was as a freshman coming from a senior so…yeah that says a lot

….i'm sorry i don't understand what that last bit of your sentence means im dumb

@croccin-champagne

thank you so much for the advice. I'm just asking because I'm going into high school as a freshman and there's been this huge pressure to start dating. Like none of us had ever dated, but then suddenly, one of us did and it was like BAM get a boyfriend, get a boyfriend, get a boyfriend

oh hon don't date as a freshman especially. trust me, no matter how much pressure there is, take freshman year at least to figure out where you are friendship wise, person wise, and academically. focus on school, friends, and yourself. boys can fuck right off and i will fight anyone who tells you otherwise

@Pickles group

<3

….i'm sorry i don't understand what that last bit of your sentence means im dumb

I was "dating" a senior and he "dumped" me. We didn't actually go on any dates or spend like any time together so

@croccin-champagne

My parents started dating in high school, and they're two years apart

your parents are like, the fucking dodo bird of highschool couples. literally nobody else gets to stay dating but your parents fucking got lucky as hell finding the right person

@Pickles group

oh hon don't date as a freshman especially. trust me, no matter how much pressure there is, take freshman year at least to figure out where you are friendship wise, person wise, and academically. focus on school, friends, and yourself. boys can fuck right off and i will fight anyone who tells you otherwise