forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

Speaking of history, I'm considering having that be the degree I go for in college. Either history, english, or a lawyer. I haven't made up my mind yet

@Pickles group

I can get good grades in everything but I always end up with a B in history, I just don't really like any of them. But I don't have to take history this year so I'm done. I'm only taking two core subjects this year

@croccin-champagne

Speaking of history, I'm considering having that be the degree I go for in college. Either history, english, or a lawyer. I haven't made up my mind yet

hey if you went lawyer we might be law bros!! i keep switching between that and psychology lmao

@berlioz

My district is just bad at history. We have two teachers, which isn't so bad. It's the curriculum:
4th grade- State history
5th grade- US history
6th grade- World History
7th grade- State history (again)
8th Grade- US history (again)
9th or 10th grade- World History (again)
11th grade- Civics (which half of that is just US history again)
Now you might be thinking, "Owen, but in the lower grades they give you the basics and then in the higher grades they give you more detail and expand on the events, so it's a more advanced course and an appropriate teaching plan!".
Nope. They're legit all the same. In fact I think I learned more in 6th grade WH than I did 10th WH. I'm pretty sure I've repeated worksheets in middle school from elementary school. It's all the same. It's a waste of time. I could probably teach those courses now after hearing them twice.

@ElderGod-Icefire

hey if you went lawyer we might be law bros!! i keep switching between that and psychology lmao

:D I keep flipping around between the three because I really love history and english, BUT I also would be a really good lawyer and I think I could enjoy it, so idk

Deleted user

I'm taking precalc and my first business class this coming year

I mean I'm not upset about business, bc most of it is prolly gonna be tech when I enter the field for college, but precal is gonna be my personal hell

@croccin-champagne

:D I keep flipping around between the three because I really love history and english, BUT I also would be a really good lawyer and I think I could enjoy it, so idk

i will say, i hear a lot of people with english degrees complaining about them, so i'd almost recommend multi-classing for you degree, but it's really up to you. can you argue without crying? that's the real true test lmao

i also come back to cosmetology decently often bcs my mom was a hairdresser and i've grown up in a very hair-conscious home dfhuds

@ElderGod-Icefire

i will say, i hear a lot of people with english degrees complaining about them, so i'd almost recommend multi-classing for you degree, but it's really up to you. can you argue without crying? that's the real true test lmao

i also come back to cosmetology decently often bcs my mom was a hairdresser and i've grown up in a very hair-conscious home dfhuds

Yeah, I hear that too. I can…usually argue without crying? Depends on who I'm arguing with. Sometimes I shake but I don't usually cry

dgfjdh I couldn't do that, but that's cool!

@ElderGod-Icefire

i cant lmao, hence the iffy

culinary arts and cosmetology are two that i didn't ever think of doing before recently yet here we are

lmao oof

Hm those are both interesting degrees to go for (i mean interesting in a good way, to be clear)

@HighPockets group

I'm really fucking good with American history (thank you, special interest for all of elementary school-) and also ELA, and decent at biology. I can't do chemistry to save my life (ironically, one of my characters is a chemist lol) and while I can do math, I usually need someone to help me, otherwise I can't focus and remember the formulas.

I wanted to be a lawyer when I was a kid (I also wanted to be president, lmfao could you imagine?) but I don't think I could do that now. I couldn't live knowing that I was defendant to a guilty person, or that my prosecution led to an innocent person being thrown in jail. I'm considering psychology or sociology? It'll depend on how much I enjoy those classes (I'm doing psych this year and socio my senior year). I'd also love to major in creative writing, but I want something to fall back on in case I don't make it as an author.

@Fraust

I'm bad at everything except art ngl
But actually I'm just lazy
I'm perfectly capable of doing it if I want

Deleted user

It might change based on life decisions but I really want to go for music production stuff

I so love music and I really want to pursue it. I can never imagine myself as the artist, but I can imagine myself helping those artists become their own personal superstar

@croccin-champagne

I'd enjoy majoring in US History, but I don't want to be a teacher or a professor and like…what else could I do with that degree?

researcher? know a lot of things and be hired on to study found artifacts and come up with theories and whatnot

@HighPockets group

I'd enjoy majoring in US History, but I don't want to be a teacher or a professor and like…what else could I do with that degree?

researcher? know a lot of things and be hired on to study found artifacts and come up with theories and whatnot

Yeah, but I don't vibe with that

@RedTheLoveless

Some form of anthropologist perhaps?

@croccin-champagne

so consider. take your classes for your decided major and then also take a bonus course or go to seminars for history. learn new things without having to try finding a job based on that major

@HighPockets group

so consider. take your classes for your decided major and then also take a bonus course or go to seminars for history. learn new things without having to try finding a job based on that major

Maybe, but school is expensive and I want to limit my debt because my eyes are bigger than my wallet already

Deleted user

lmfao I was looking up music *publishing and I was reading an article of a successful CEO of a publishing company and she said for advice

“Just be in Nashville”

oh yes

I will do that