forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

@Moxie group

Yo, forgedindarkness
(It won't let me type the first characters of your username lel)

"…It's not like you're ever going to get in them anyways."

Tbh that would make it seem like you're trying to be part of the joke too - like I wouldn't advise saying something similar like "Well what's in YOURs?", it's not going to make you any more respected.

I feel like if you add "so fuck you" at the end it makes it less like you're joking

@ember-chan-will-never-forget-you

Yo, forgedindarkness

Tbh that would make it seem like you're trying to be part of the joke too - like I wouldn't advise saying something similar like "Well what's in YOURs?", it's not going to make you any more respected.

I feel like if you add "so fuck you" at the end it makes it less like you're joking

true

@RedTheLoveless

Yo, forgedindarkness

I use humor as an instant defense mechanism so it comes out in my retorts too, sorry about that.

@Mercury Beta Tester

I use humor as an instant defense mechanism so it comes out in my retorts too, sorry about that.

Nah it's fine. We have different ideas and reactions on how to cope with situations. Was just saying my personal view

@RedTheLoveless

Nah it's fine. We have different ideas and reactions on how to cope with situations. Was just saying my personal view

Fair point.

@Overdoneyanoveltropeyesplease

I’m just scared that my friends don’t really want me around and I’m too much of a shitty person for anyone to want to be around me. I don’t know why. I just started thinking that and now it won’t stop.

@thehobbit

I’m just scared that my friends don’t really want me around and I’m too much of a shitty person for anyone to want to be around me. I don’t know why. I just started thinking that and now it won’t stop.

hey, im sorry you think that but I want you to know it's not true. I actually learned about something today that might be helpful for you right now. In my Brain and Behavior class, we talked about this concept called neuroplasticity. it's this thing where, the more you think a certain way and act a certain way the more strongly the synapses in your brain fire when that pattern of thinking or behavior comes up, but it also work so that the more you focus on something else or think about something a different way or physically do something a different way, it becomes easier and more like second nature.
that would explain why your brain isnt letting you stop thinking those thoughts, but it also means you need to actively fight against it.
what I would recommend is that you do your best to focus on things that are good and true and lovely and excellent or praiseworthy, or that makes you excited, and tell yourself the truth. you are loved by your friends. your friends want you around. your brain is telling you lies. your friends enjoy spending time with you.

hey, im sorry you think that but I want you to know it's not true. I actually learned about something today that might be helpful for you right now. In my Brain and Behavior class, we talked about this concept called neuroplasticity. it's this thing where, the more you think a certain way and act a certain way the more strongly the synapses in your brain fire when that pattern of thinking or behavior comes up, but it also work so that the more you focus on something else or think about something a different way or physically do something a different way, it becomes easier and more like second nature.
that would explain why your brain isnt letting you stop thinking those thoughts, but it also means you need to actively fight against it.
what I would recommend is that you do your best to focus on things that are good and true and lovely and excellent or praiseworthy, or that makes you excited, and tell yourself the truth. you are loved by your friends. your friends want you around. your brain is telling you lies. your friends enjoy spending time with you.

I guess that makes sense. If I’m understanding correctly, it stands to reason that I’m prone to thinking that I’m losing friends and such because I’ve spent so much time with that mentality and around those circumstances that when I see it now, I’m taken back to when it similar and I start to think that this time will be like last time. And last time was a very dark place for me, so naturally I do NOT want to be thrust back into that mindset, so when I do, I start to panic a little and the more I hold onto it, the more it solidifies.
Idk if that’s right but it makes sense I guess. Idk. I’m just doing my best.

I have a confession to make. I’m not proud of it.
Trigger warning…seriously don’t read it if you are in a precarious mental state. I don’t wanna trigger anyone.

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

Sweetie… I'm so sorry… But cutting won't help you…
Cutting only adds to the pain in the long run.
And once your loved ones find out, well… They'll be in pain too.
It's like stabbing yourself in the hand so you don't think about a stubbed toe.
Would you like tips to reduce self-harm.

Deleted user

I'm going to put this link into as many chats as I can, please read it and take it to heart. This is directed at some of you more then others.

@Norepinephrinxx

I sorry that you have to go through that overdone, I may not have answers but I hope ranting helped you in some degree. If you want to get more off your chest in a not public forum we can pm if you'd like? Again I don't have much advice to give and I'm sorry for that.

@Moxie group

You’re not too fucked up to have a future, or to be loved. This is just a really tough time you’re going through and it’s hard to see now, but you will get through it. You will come out of this and eventually you’ll be okay. But me saying that doesn’t help right now. I just wanted to let you know that I don’t think you’re making this up and that you’re not alone. We’re all here for you. I’m sorry you felt like you had to resort to that and that no one was there for you but I know there’s a lot of us who are (including me if you ever wanna talk or anything)

@thehobbit

Okay, who wants to hear a story that ive been wanting to to tell you guys all week??? Everyone? Great!

So. the other day we presented these boards in class, basically powerpoint slides with pictures on tem that represent our lives and the people in the audience get to ask us questions, you say nothing but answer questions. I get called up and of course my board is covered in pictures from my pinterest account and one of the pictures is a t-shirt that says "the book was better"
so THIS GUY he raises his hand to ask me a question and he goes, "has there ever been a time where you saw a movie that was better than the book?"
like no
never
book is life
thebookisalwaysbetterfightme
so I said, "The movie is better if I havent read the book yet"
actually the princess bride book sucks but I didnt remember that at the time

also I got this spinner ring and it's literally the best thing ive ever bought in my entire life!! it has little squids on it that look like they are swimming when you spin them!!! and its so great I havent stopped playing with it except for typing lol but like it's literally the best thing my ADHD brain has ever had to fidget with!

@thehobbit

I like that the ring is so easy to bring around everywhere. it's a lot easier to deal with than fidget cubes or spinners (both of which I own) because it's so easy to take with me if I dont have a purse or pockets big enough to hold the cubes or spinners. I may be biased because I have literally wanted one since I found out they existed, but yeah, im happy I finally got one

@thehobbit

Does anyone have any fun facts they've learned or stories they've wanted to tell in the past week that they didn't feel they should share because of the drama going on?????? Because I want to hear about the stories and the fun facts and the silly little moments you guys had going back to school and seeing your crushes again. I wanna know how happy, or unhappy you are with your classes and your schedules, I wanna hear about that one teacher that you're glad you finally got away from, I wanna know silly stories from over break and if you have the same lunch periods as your friends and if you guys did anything fun to celebrate the first day back at school!

I'LL START!!! I started off the new year watching Lord of the Rings. I don't have any crushes but a guy in the little store sang Hamilton to me so that was cool. I made friends in my new classes. I found out that my mom started her own website a month ago and didnt tell me and I was sad because I wanted to celebrate with her and I was already at school. I saw a person with the same lanyard as me while walking to class and I became friends with them.

your turn! Share some happiness!!!

Deleted user

I got into Creepypastas!
Drew a bunch more!
And got better at line art!