forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :)
Started by @Tylerrr-M-P
tune

people_alt 232 followers

Thor

i know how it feels to have your period i had mine and all that happened was i was a bitch to everyone who was asking me if i was okay.

@ember-chan-will-never-forget-you

That sounds like an amazing encounter tbh
And I mean maybe? I never know about these things. It sounds like it could be flirting but it could also just be him being social and cool.

lots of times the words 'social' and 'cool'

@HighPockets group

so…. im an Aromantic Asexual with Cerebral Palsy and Fibromyalgia
Aromanticism and CP are both represented with green
Asexuality and Fibro are both represented with purple
my official colors are green and purple
im amazing
now if only Autism and ADHD were connected…… oh wait, they arent often visible the same way in girls which makes it seem like more boys have it and makes it more difficult for girls to get diagnosed and get services
sorry im salty

IT HAD TO BE SAID AND YOU SAID IT!
My dad and I were discussing this today, many autistic girls don't get diagnosed.
I also have ADD, depression, and anxiety.
Fun times.

@Overdoneyanoveltropeyesplease

Lol I have ADHD and I’m a girl :) also, unrelated I’m on my period and i’m so angry right now I want to cry and then I want to go home and clean my room. I’m so angry :) I want to hurt something :) I want someone to feel pain :) it might be me :) hahhaha :)

@ember-chan-will-never-forget-you

Lol I have ADHD and I’m a girl :) also, unrelated I’m on my period and i’m so angry right now I want to cry and then I want to go home and clean my room. I’m so angry :) I want to hurt something :) I want someone to feel pain :) it might be me :) hahhaha :)

i don't have ADHD but i think i have anxiety and also have a deep-seated fear of correct capitalisation

@Overdoneyanoveltropeyesplease

i don't have ADHD but i think i have anxiety and also have a deep-seated fear of correct capitalisation

I think I may have some form of mild anxiety with a disposition to get worse on occasion. And maybe some form of depression. Or I’m just moody as hell. I want to talk to someone and just get it figured out so I know if I get sad easily because i’m a teenager or if there’s something else going on. Because even if it’s literally just because I’m a teenager, that would help clear things up and then I would know I’m just a moody teenager.

@Becfromthedead group

Oof… I feel that. But every time I talk with my mom, she just chalks it down to me being a moody teenager (I'm 19 at this point, so she won't even be able to pull that bs soon). So if there's something seriously out of the ordinary, don't let people use that excuse on you. You know yourself best. If what you're going through feels like you could possibly have anxiety or depression- even if it is mild- don't let what other people say belittle what you do feel. If you feel they're mild, there are always self-help resources out there to manage things before they get out of hand, even if you are just a moody teenager. And also people can see a therapist or someone even if the don't have any mental health problems. Therapists also help people who are going through tough or transitional times, and I'm sure you could learn a thing or two from going if you think it would suit you. So basically you can't go wrong with those things, whether you've actually got some sort of mental health disorder or not.
(Kind of side note: has anyone been to a therapist that might have advice on getting yourself to go? I think I've got depression, and even if not, I have a really hard time coping with stress and tend to spend a lot of my time very sad and just ruminating on things that I shouldn't even be worried about… I have the means. We have free psychological services on our college campus. It's just… getting there…)

@RedTheLoveless

Hi yes, I am currently seeing a therapist for certain reasons, both big and small. The problem that usually occurs is if I haven't seen her in a while, I start dreading seeing her again because I cry every fucking time I go see her and it's the embarrassment and stuff usually trying to hold me back.
I usually have a family member know the time and date too. They remind me to go. They remind me how much better I always feel afterward. They remind me that bottling things up is not healthy for me. And no matter how much I'm dreading the appointment, they drive me there anyway.

@Becfromthedead group

Yeah… it sucks honestly… I just kind of stopped talking to her about mental health at all, because it just makes me feel worse. Not to mention that she has the nerve to complain about portrayal of mental health issues in the media, then looks me in the eye and says that "stress is normal." Yeah, it is. But you know what's not? Having to stave off anxiety attacks while you're driving. Breaking down for two hours straight and crying yourself completely dry during finals week because you're afraid you won't get that A (there's more to it of course). Feeling sad for no reason for weeks on end. Believing you're a total fake, and that you don't deserve the success that you've earned, because you think you got lucky. Sorry for ranting… there's just a lot that goes on that parents don't see in us, and it's so frustrating.

@Becfromthedead group

Hi yes, I am currently seeing a therapist for certain reasons, both big and small. The problem that usually occurs is if I haven't seen her in a while, I start dreading seeing her again because I cry every fucking time I go see her and it's the embarrassment and stuff usually trying to hold me back.
I usually have a family member know the time and date too. They remind me to go. They remind me how much better I always feel afterward. They remind me that bottling things up is not healthy for me. And no matter how much I'm dreading the appointment, they drive me there anyway.

Ahhh, thank you! I went to a single session, cried a lot (because some really bad stuff happened on the day of the appointment) and felt really bad and embarrassed about it. It's kind of comforting to hear that I'm not alone in that…

@RedTheLoveless

Ahhh, thank you! I went to a single session, cried a lot (because some really bad stuff happened on the day of the appointment) and felt really bad and embarrassed about it. It's kind of comforting to hear that I'm not alone in that…

Yeah… my therapist tried explaining it this way: "It's a good thing you cry every time you see me. That means we're still working, helping, there are still things to do and improve. If you didn't cry, then I wouldn't be doing a good job now would I?"
So don't feel bad or embarrassed, even though I know it's really hard not to. They're there to help, not to judge.

@Becfromthedead group

It's really funny how I'm mostly okay with crying in public, but crying while having a conversation with someone who is used to seeing this stuff is almost unbearable.
Idk, hearing that actually kind of soothes some of my fears and reservations about the whole thing. I just need to figure out how to schedule an appointment.

@RedTheLoveless

It's really funny how I'm mostly okay with crying in public, but crying while having a conversation with someone who is used to seeing this stuff is almost unbearable.
Idk, hearing that actually kind of soothes some of my fears and reservations about the whole thing. I just need to figure out how to schedule an appointment.

I would find out the phone number of the establishment and call in to schedule an appointment but that's because I'm so awkward going in person but that might just be me…
I also write out a script for me to read over the phone so I don't fuck up what I say…

@Moxie group

I really want to go to therapy and I think my mom would be okay with it (maybe not my dad) but the only thing is therapy is expensive. I think I'm just gonna wait for college and make sure my school has good psychological services.

@Moxie group

I actually think I wanna be a therapist. I like listening to people, people have told me I'm a good listener and psychology is really interesting. I'm gonna try and not suck