forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@Becfromthedead group

Same. This will be my first. One of my friends went today and shared pics so I was like "yoooo, how long is it going???"
So apparently it's going every weekend until June 13. But Thursday we're actually meeting up about two hours northwest for that friend's birthday, spending the night for a couple of days, and the ren fair is about two more hours north of there, so we're making a detour before going back home.
It's the big Georgia one that they have in the late spring every year.

@EtherealDreamer

bruh I-

my homophobic stepmom was talking about how being queer is a trend nowadays, and she said
"everyone says their trans, bisexual or gay, its a trend now"
and im gay, and im also out to my parents so I knew she was directing this comment at me, because she was looking directly at me.

So I responded with "no, not really." And just walked away-

@EtherealDreamer

lol yeah, she didn't say shit after that, and was actually kinda nice to me, I think its because she knows im not afraid to stand up to her for who I am anymore-

@EtherealDreamer

Im really proud of myself, Im thinking a big improvement, this morning she complained my shirt was to big and long, because she likes me wearing more 'fitting' clothes and I just said
"eh, im wearing it, dont feel like changing" and just left for the bus.

@squiddicus language

I know compared to so many of you on this thread I have it easy; I don't have to deal with homophobic or transphobic parents, family or churches. I live in a fairly accepting country.
Today I spent a good two hours trying to ignore the bigots on the row behind me ranting about how 'there are only two genders' and asking me if I identified as a potato, or why I believe in 'five hundred genders'. My friend and I tried to correct them, but every time we tried to speak they basically yelled in our faces. They went as far as to say intersex people were deformed.
It pushed me so far to the edge, and the worst part of it is that it's nothing to what some of you have to deal with.

@berlioz

That's horrible. Having bigots right up in your face yelling at you must've been terrifying. I'm glad you're safe at least. No one should have to deal with those sorts of people. Fuck them.

@EtherealDreamer

I know compared to so many of you on this thread I have it easy; I don't have to deal with homophobic or transphobic parents, family or churches. I live in a fairly accepting country.
Today I spent a good two hours trying to ignore the bigots on the row behind me ranting about how 'there are only two genders' and asking me if I identified as a potato, or why I believe in 'five hundred genders'. My friend and I tried to correct them, but every time we tried to speak they basically yelled in our faces. They went as far as to say intersex people were deformed.
It pushed me so far to the edge, and the worst part of it is that it's nothing to what some of you have to deal with.

honestly, you may think its nothing compared to most people, but you're going through things too, no matter how unimportant you think it is, its still a situation people should notice, and you shouldn't neglect them because they seem unimportant

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, people like that genuinely piss me tf off, I hope you're okay.

@ClownB*tch eco

Someone asked me about my genitals the other day cuz i said i was trans. -10/10, very uncomfortable, do not recommend associating

@EtherealDreamer

Someone asked me about my genitals the other day cuz i said i was trans. -10/10, very uncomfortable, do not recommend associating

I just wanna know why the fuck people think they have the audacity to ask about other people's genitals, like???

@requiemisback language

^^^^ i've been through this same thing
0/10 not fun at all

@cryptic-glitch

i told my mom i don’t like being called pretty and she said she’d do her best to call me that and she’s buying me another binder

!!!!

@EtherealDreamer

if only I could come out to my parents, I feel like it'd go somewhat like this:
me: guys im genderfluid
my stepmom: ???
my dad: what the fuck is that?
me: its where you dont identify with one gender, you gender is fluid so you switch between female, male and no gender.
my stepmom: so you're trans?
me: no- im not a girl, boy or anything im all of them, not necessarily at the same time, but still
my dad: so you're a he she?
me: no-
my stepmom: but you'll always be a girl, you were born as a girl, you cant change that
me: [visibly irratated[
me: I prefer they/them pronouns when referring to me, and I want to be called Ari
my stepmom: no your name is [deadnames me] nothing else
my dad: yeah, I gave you that name for a reason
me: >:/
me: nevermind.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I'm wearing black shorts and a black shirt and black boots but my hair is bright blue and my socks are black with rainbow stripes and I feel like I'm dressed very inappropriately for a funeral

@larcenistarsonist group

I'm wearing black shorts and a black shirt and black boots but my hair is bright blue and my socks are black with rainbow stripes and I feel like I'm dressed very inappropriately for a funeral

You had me in the first half, I'm not gonna lie

@Katastrophic group

I'm designing some pride stuff for my redbubble for June, and need some opinions. Originally I was going to do d20 (dungeons and dragons) designs, but I kinda want to do "jars" of pride colored things like flowers, crystals, and various trinkets so it's not just D&D themed stuff. So, how discreet should I make them? This design could pass as just color-themed stuff, or I could go all out and have it very obvious.

@EtherealDreamer

I'm designing some pride stuff for my redbubble for June, and need some opinions. Originally I was going to do d20 (dungeons and dragons) designs, but I kinda want to do "jars" of pride colored things like flowers, crystals, and various trinkets so it's not just D&D themed stuff. So, how discreet should I make them? This design could pass as just color-themed stuff, or I could go all out and have it very obvious.

honestly, maybe both, the all out ones for people who are out and proud and want other people to know, and the discreet ones for youth that haven't come out yet, but want other queer/genderqueer people to know.