forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@Becfromthedead group

Oh, is "hubby" like an American term???
Anyway, it's basically just a shortened way of saying "husband," but it's not cute, and a lot of middle aged straight white women use the term. For being an affectionate term, it feels really insincere and forced, and it just sounds bad.

@Becfromthedead group

It might mainly be, but who knows?
It's also not a direct address. Like you don't call someone hubby to their face, but you use the word while talking about them to other people and I think that's weird and defeats the purpose of a term of endearment.

@The-Magician group

Yes ‘hubby’ is very much an American term compared to what we say over here.
Thanks for clearing that up, but the no rights thing still confuses me

@berlioz

what annoying pet names are across the pond

@Becfromthedead group

(Asajdkd my SO calls me wifey on rare occassion but I will make an exception for them because they're cute enough to say it with out me taking them tf out. And we're not married so it's infinitely funnier.)

@Becfromthedead group

My parents refer to each other as "your mom" and "your dad" when talking to my brother and me about each other. 😬
They hate each other so it's not surprising.

@larcenistarsonist group

Oh.. that sucks

Parents are weird.

My dad rattled on and on last night about how Joe Biden was a "puppet president" yeah…. Hes not that conservative, he can be liberal when it comes to most topics (human rights and such) but he hates chaos and Gen Z aha… He's Gen X

@Becfromthedead group

Yeah, I think it's a staying together for the kids situation and I'm just like "I WANT y'all to split. For the love of god, please split."
It's kind of one of the roots of a lot of my mental health issues because it's been such a hostile environment.

And oof, ouch. I don't love Biden, but some people act like he's the worst when he's really not

@The-Magician group

what annoying pet names are across the pond

Sugar, pumpkin, bae, sweetie, boo, hun, doll/dollface, babycakes, pudding/puddin, cherrypie, duck, love/luv, pet, bunny