forum The LGBTQ+ Community Chat :) Part 2!
Started by @Moxie group
tune

people_alt 175 followers

@Becfromthedead group

This might sound weird, but cutting my hair short has made femininity more… comfortable for me? Also I feel freer and more versatile in my gender expression bc I don't have to pull it back in that dummy ponytail that doesn't look quite masc enough.
It looks so damn good though. I haven't had a haircut I've liked this much ever, I don't think.

@cryptic-glitch

This might sound weird, but cutting my hair short has made femininity more… comfortable for me? Also I feel freer and more versatile in my gender expression bc I don't have to pull it back in that dummy ponytail that doesn't look quite masc enough.
It looks so damn good though. I haven't had a haircut I've liked this much ever, I don't think.

that's great! i feel the same way, actually!

@Max_Miracle_DroppedMostOfTheirRPs

Ayyyy I feel the same! Coming to terms with my identity and flaunting it helps me feel more comfortable expressing myself in a feminine way too.

@The-Magician group

You know when you’re kinda just lost with your gender identity and when you try and explain what’s going on it makes everyone else just as confused as you and you want them to say something supportive but they have no idea what?
Yeah I’m low-key having panic attacks every day because everything is just wrong

@The-Magician group

With me it’s a case of I would kill to be a C cup in bra sizes, not the GG that I am. I want to be small enough to bind properly or even just wear a sports bra.
I don’t always want male genitalia, so I’m find without the surgery, but I want something—anything—that stops me from having periods because, to me, it shouldn’t happen. That’s not the correct me.
I can’t even explain this to my family because I don’t think they would listen to me, even though I have shown multiple signs of being extremely unhappy with my body.

@Becfromthedead group

Idk how much this'll help, but you could totally go on birth control to lighten or even stop your period for several months at a time. There might be some spotting but that's not a full period, so it's not as big of a deal to most people.
Not sure how easily you could get access to it (you're in the UK, yeah?), but it could be a good option.

@Mojack group

what if I came out to my parents as nonbinary via twitter. I’ve taught them about how people put their pronouns in their bio for easier reference (I have they/them in mine, so they’d both be able to easily read it), and I have easy confirmation that they’d be supportive of it since I’ve had discussions with them already on non-binary people (and that not every non-binary person uses they/them, or solely they them anyways; in fact I’ve taught them about that. I think most of their knowledge originally came from me talking about it to them, but I never directly mentioned myself. I’d still be…surprised if they didn’t suspect anything considering how often I bring it up)

And I have the asexual pride flag in my pfp although I don’t know if they would recognize the flag (I’ve only spoken to them on what asexuality is so far)

All I would really need to do is follow them

Either way, I’m nervous (I was going to let coming out as asexual during June, aka Pride Month, but I’m unsure)

@Mojack group

Neither of them said anything yet so I’ll probably bring it up in a more detailed manner some time later. Maybe I’ll do an art piece and a post on it since sometimes it’s easier to write my thoughts out as opposed to speaking them out loud. But I’m pretty sure they saw the pronouns.
they actually rarely bring things up to me at all unless it’s super important, so I’m not surprised by this reaction lol..or lack thereof

I was actually originally intending to come out via art piece, so this works out for me either way