forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@Mojack group

For the first time in years we’ll be having (live) fish inside our house soon
Looking forwards to it, though a bit worried
We already have the fish, they’re our pond fish in our yard outside and we’re just bringing them in for the winter (Northern Ontario winters can get somewhat bad, depending on the year)
Two of the fish have names, Toothless and Bruce, and I have an idea for the name of one of the orange w/ white head fish; maybe Webster? yeah but we’re giving them names lol. signs of attachment to the fish
We do have cats, but there’s ways to cat proof a tank and so I’m sure it’ll be fine

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

AHHH @Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN I MISSED YOU

Heck, I don't know where she's been half the time, and she tells me frequently. I think that might be due to my lack of remembering anything.

Still in Europe lol. Will continue to be here until the 4th of August. I’ve been here since May.

@FRANKtheTritoposaur group

I'm at cdp (cedar point) with my girlfriend and it was gonna start storming so we leave the park to go get McDonald's and wait out the rain. As soon as we got in the car to leave it started STORMING. We got to mc Donald's and went inside and TORNADO SIRENS WERE GOING OFF. We got told if we were told to take shelter we were to go to the bathroom. But we left to go to spirit halloween. Spirit halloween opens in August. So we go to Sandusky mall. We put in the wrong adress. We make it to the Sandusky mall. And it starts raining HARDER. AND HARDER. The parking lot is flooding. My girlfriend and I get dropped off at the door and it starts raining HARDER. My dad couldn't see for 5 feet. He parks and waits for the rain to calm down. We got to hot topic. I got halloween nails and a monster high lip gloss. We then went to bam and I got a Frog thing and a fnaf figurine. We head back to the park and do random stuff. And we get in lone for maverick. (Mavrick has been down pretty much all season.) AND IT STARTED RAINING AGAIN SO THEY STOPPED THE RIDE.

Deleted user

I’m half Irish and I have Scottish in my blood

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Today, on Retail Hell, a customer who was actually being quite nice makes Sy cry by reminding him of how helpless he felt after the sad loss of his aunt back in December. Sy felt helpless since the customer, like his aunt, has to use a motorized wheelchair. The customer was looking for something to help raise her seat higher (manufacturing said that it's as high as it can go); Sy wasn't sure of how to help the customer in this situation.

🤨 what?

The customer uses a motorized wheelchair to get around, but the seat is too low for her. She was trying to figure something out to make it higher. Made a few suggestions, mainly cushions and/or pillows, as how to accomplish this. However, all my suggestions were apparently unhelpful. I was then left with no way to help the customer, which caused me to feel helpless. I last felt that way shortly after my aunt, who also used a wheelchair, passed away in December. The customer basically reminded me of my aunt and made me have an emotional-backflash to how I felt in December and a few months afterwards.

Blood is cool and all, but ya have to know the history. Time for a history lesson. Most people who claim to be Irish or have Irish ancestry originate from the middle of Europe. Before the Celts, there were the Sidhe (pronounced “shee”) – mystical fairy-like people who supposedly inhabited Ireland prior to the arrival of the Celts (the Milesians). The Tuatha de Dannan are credited with naming Ireland. (And this is largely based on folklore.) But basing it off of that, the Irish have largely been left alone. Now. Moving onto the Scottish. There’s a wide disparity. To have a line that is straight Scottish through and through it almost impossible. As in born and bred and only married people born and bred in Scotland. Untouched by other people. This is due to the Normans, the Irish, the Vikings, and the Danes. You have the clans up in the North getting conquered by the Vikings and the Danes, and in the middle, the Normans, and the south? The Irish. There’s such a huge melting pot. You have the Nordo-Gaelics, which is me (Clan Gunn represent), the Danish, The English in the upper part of England, and the Celts, which can be anywhere from Irish, to Irish-Scottish. Having blood from Scotland and Ireland is cool together. It’s been like that for centuries. That’s why history is so important. To have the familial bonds with blood, and to know where you came from. It’s fascinating to learn where you come from and to learn where your roots lie.

Deleted user

Blood is cool and all, but ya have to know the history. Time for a history lesson. Most people who claim to be Irish or have Irish ancestry originate from the middle of Europe. Before the Celts, there were the Sidhe (pronounced “shee”) – mystical fairy-like people who supposedly inhabited Ireland prior to the arrival of the Celts (the Milesians). The Tuatha de Dannan are credited with naming Ireland. (And this is largely based on folklore.) But basing it off of that, the Irish have largely been left alone. Now. Moving onto the Scottish. There’s a wide disparity. To have a line that is straight Scottish through and through it almost impossible. As in born and bred and only married people born and bred in Scotland. Untouched by other people. This is due to the Normans, the Irish, the Vikings, and the Danes. You have the clans up in the North getting conquered by the Vikings and the Danes, and in the middle, the Normans, and the south? The Irish. There’s such a huge melting pot. You have the Nordo-Gaelics, which is me (Clan Gunn represent), the Danish, The English in the upper part of England, and the Celts, which can be anywhere from Irish, to Irish-Scottish. Having blood from Scotland and Ireland is cool together. It’s been like that for centuries. That’s why history is so important. To have the familial bonds with blood, and to know where you came from. It’s fascinating to learn where you come from and to learn where your roots lie.

No like my mom is Irish and is from Celtic descendants and I’m slowly in the process of learning Gaelic

No like my mom is Irish and is from Celtic descendants and I’m slowly in the process of learning Gaelic

Still take time to learn the culture and history. There’s a lot you can learn linguistics wise from old documents and familial knowledge.
Ionnsaich dòighean nan seann daoine.
Learn the ways of the Ancients.

In Europe. I have been in Europe. European people like my funny lil Southern charm accent.

Oh yeah…. I forgot 😅

I’ve been in Europe for 3 months lol

I FORGOT OKAY?! 😭

Europe is fun bro. I’ve travelled everywhere. From Paris to Edinburgh Scotland. I’m going to Germany next.

@Nyx-is-with-frost health_and_safety brightness_7

In Europe. I have been in Europe. European people like my funny lil Southern charm accent.

Oh yeah…. I forgot 😅

I FORGOT OKAY?! 😭

Europe is fun bro. I’ve travelled everywhere. From Paris to Edinburgh Scotland. I’m going to Germany next.

Well aren't you just the luckiest 😭

Deleted user

Still take time to learn the culture and history. There’s a lot you can learn linguistics wise from old documents and familial knowledge.
Ionnsaich dòighean nan seann daoine.
Learn the ways of the Ancients.

I am

Oh yeah…. I forgot 😅

I FORGOT OKAY?! 😭

Bro I has most of my money donated to me bc I volunteered to go teach in schools in areas where they don’t have someone who can bring interest and a new life into schools. I basically came in and turned the schools upside down and brought fun. I’m going back home in a week, but I’ve spent 3 months here and it’s amazing. I would do it all again.

Oh yeah…. I forgot 😅

I FORGOT OKAY?! 😭

Bro I has most of my money donated to me bc I volunteered to go teach in schools in areas where they don’t have someone who can bring interest and a new life into schools. I basically came in and turned the schools upside down and brought fun. I’m going back home in a week, but I’ve spent 3 months here and it’s amazing. I would do it all again.

Chaotic good energy there for the win, Win! 😁