forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@jupiter-sun-of-sweater-town group

I just went downstairs for a snack and my parents were casually watching Shrek. What is this family

Nostalgia reasons?

Seriously tho, it's very startling to walk out of your room at 11pm and the first thing you hear is "DONKEY"

Deleted user

Ok so do normal people not have a thought that connects to another thought that connects to another thought and etc. until they're on something completely different from the topic at hand? I seem to be the only one in my family who does this and it confuses me why I'm the only one.

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Ok so do normal people not have a thought that connects to another thought that connects to another thought and etc. until they're on something completely different from the topic at hand? I seem to be the only one in my family who does this and it confuses me why I'm the only one.

All the time. I'll go from something like ancient weaponry to like dancing pineapples

I have aphantasia and can't see things in my mind

That sucks. I got aphantasia around puberty and I was completely mind-blind for a few years. Only recently is it starting to come back, and boy is it coming back slow. When I was a kid I could imagine vividly, but now unless I'm really in the zone images are dull or "far away".

I have exactly the opposite of aphantasia. I have hyperphantasia. I see things extremely vividly, and I can recall smells and touches in dreams. It makes good dreams feel real, and nightmares a horrific reality, that I can't wake up from. It's both a blessing and a curse.

@berlioz

That sucks. I got aphantasia around puberty and I was completely mind-blind for a few years. Only recently is it starting to come back, and boy is it coming back slow. When I was a kid I could imagine vividly, but now unless I'm really in the zone images are dull or "far away".

I have exactly the opposite of aphantasia. I have hyperphantasia. I see things extremely vividly, and I can recall smells and touches in dreams. It makes good dreams feel real, and nightmares a horrific reality, that I can't wake up from. It's both a blessing and a curse.

That sounds exhausting
I've always been able to imagine and replicate sound/music perfectly, so I don't always need my phone and headphones to listen to my favorite songs lol. But yeah visually not so good.

Deleted user

That sounds exhausting
I've always been able to imagine and replicate sound/music perfectly, so I don't always need my phone and headphones to listen to my favorite songs lol. But yeah visually not so good.

Ok so… how do you know if you have hyperphantasia?? I'm not really sure what a normal person might be able to picture in their mind, but I looked up this test thing and checked off most of the boxes, but my ability to picture things doesn't seem to be abnormal.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/hyperphantasia/comments/9hwe7t/hyperphantasia_checklist/)

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I think I might have hyperphantasia
Whenever I draw, I know exactly what I want it to look like, I can see it in my head, but I can't actually draw it and I hate it

And if I wanna write a scene, I can play it out in my head over and over again, but I can't put it into words

Deleted user

I checked every box… Even the taste box. For me I knew I had hyperphantasia when I could visualize things with my eyes fully open. Like I looked at trees, and I could visualize every season they were in, and see every detail. It's wild.

Wait… do normal people have to close their eyes to picture something?? Or did I read this wrong???

Deleted user

In conclusion, I've convinced myself that I have hyperphantasia.

@ZephirFox8812

In conclusion, I've convinced myself that I have hyperphantasia.

What's that? Is it like the opposite of aphantasia?

So I've just found out what is. Not even seconds later my friend sent me her VVIQ results and they said she was hyperphantasic

I checked every box… Even the taste box. For me I knew I had hyperphantasia when I could visualize things with my eyes fully open. Like I looked at trees, and I could visualize every season they were in, and see every detail. It's wild.

Wait… do normal people have to close their eyes to picture something?? Or did I read this wrong???

I dunno. Just for me, I can imagine something and it'll be there. Eyes open or closed. That's kinda like how I can imagine a place in excruciating detail and then look up what I imagined and find out it's an actual place. I don't know how or why it happens, I just know it does and it's both beautiful and horrific.

Can't relate to any of y'all

That's an oof. Mine gets especially weird if I eat anything 30 minutes before bed, and normally it ends up being one of the bad ones. The one I remember the most was me being alone in a dark echoey cave drowning in tar. I woke up clawing at my throat gasping for air and was like nah we're not doing that again.

Deleted user

I dunno. Just for me, I can imagine something and it'll be there. Eyes open or closed. That's kinda like how I can imagine a place in excruciating detail and then look up what I imagined and find out it's an actual place. I don't know how or why it happens, I just know it does and it's both beautiful and horrific.

Ok, but… how does having hyperphantasia affect you? Does it even affect you at all?? Idk, I'm just trying to learn about this.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

It helps for me if I close my eyes, but I can do it with my eyes open
My friends get confused when we're walking and talking and I'm just not talking and turns out I'm writing hurt/comfort in my head again oops

Deleted user

Same question for you, does having aphantasia affect your daily life, and if so, how?? Sorry, I just wanna know more about this.

Ok, but… how does having hyperphantasia affect you? Does it even affect you at all?? Idk, I'm just trying to learn about this.

It realy doesn't unless I'm having a bad day. Which in case I can't quite control it as much as I like. It normally involves me seeing things that aren't there. Like for instance seeing a handrail that doesn't exist and reaching out and nearly bustinf it bc I thought it was real. So good day=little to no effect, bad day=small effect to I swear I see so and so and I turn and they're behind me. So basically I ghost myself with other people.

@ZephirFox8812

Same question for you, does having aphantasia affect your daily life, and if so, how?? Sorry, I just wanna know more about this.

Well I'm an artist so it takes a lot of effort to do drawings, especially designing new characters. Cause I need references for lots of things and then I think I'm copying and don't deserve any praise.

I also can't do meditation because you're often asked to picture or imagine something and I can't.

When people ask me to imagine something like that cliche question of imagining your wedding or designing logos or something. Can't do that.

If I need to design something, I'll need to draw plans and then they will usually look ugly and it will make me quite disheartened

It's very small specific things. And I didn't realise that people actually saw things until recently