forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

Deleted user

xander i am ready to kill you for that aha-
serious though

Deleted user

I haven't eaten dinner or lunch in two days, wow.
This weekend has been hell texture wise and my mom knows I have a sensory disorder, yet she still says "eat this or nothing" even after I tell her that I can't handle that right now

Deleted user

have chosen to learn to manipulate people to my will or for my amusement.

This is not a Slytherin attribute, bud.

True. But it did seem like a Slytherin thing to do.

SLYTHERINS ARE NOT EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Deleted user

We're not all bad

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Oh I quite agree. I consider myself mainly Slytherin and a somewhat decent person. Though it is my fault for framing it negatively, manipulation is not inherently bad. I have accomplished great good at times by it.

@Relsey-TheElder

We're not all bad

We are not all bad, however the ability to use words to weasel our way into a more favorable position is an ability that many Slytherins I have met are graced with. So while it is not a trait specifically listed I've found that it is a trait shared by many of us. It's an ambitious thing to learn, do not underestimate the power of a silver tongue. Being able to talk your way into a more advantageous position is a defining trait of us Slytherins I think. There are precious few words used to describe our house and it's traits as it was clearly the least favorite of the author.
I would not say that I myself am one of the good ones, I'm far too selfish for that. Though I have a feeling that a good friend of mine is going to wake up right now with his spider sense tingling and slap me across the face for saying that. (He's a self proclaimed Ravenclaw, I beg to differ. If one were to ask me I'd label him a Gryffindor, then again you didn't ask so I digress)

Deleted user

We're not all bad

We are not all bad, however the ability to use words to weasel our way into a more favorable position is an ability that many Slytherins I have met are graced with. So while it is not a trait specifically listed I've found that it is a trait shared by many of us. It's an ambitious thing to learn, do not underestimate the power of a silver tongue. Being able to talk your way into a more advantageous position is a defining trait of us Slytherins I think. There are precious few words used to describe our house and it's traits as it was clearly the least favorite of the author.
I would not say that I myself am one of the good ones, I'm far too selfish for that. Though I have a feeling that a good friend of mine is going to wake up right now with his spider sense tingling and slap me across the face for saying that. (He's a self proclaimed Ravenclaw, I beg to differ. If one were to ask me I'd label him a Gryffindor, then again you didn't ask so I digress)

Yeah, I get that. I'm not really one who has a silver tongue, I'm alright with my fleshy one, but I suppose I do analyze everyone I come across to see how I can be more likable in their eyes.
Not sure if that's a Slytherin trait or just a me one.

@Relsey-TheElder

I honestly think that the majority of Slytherins in the book weren't good examples of a Slytherin because of their lack of people abilities. If you're trying to gain power the stupidest thing you can do is be cruel, sure you can think those things even say them behind closed doors but openly being mean, that's just stupid. I never really understood how JKR could make a house of ambitious people who activity attempt to gain power and made them the most disliked people in the entire school. No one who is actually ambitious would act the way Slytherins do in the books. All well, I loved them anyway.

Deleted user

We're not all bad

Yeah, I get that. I'm not really one who has a silver tongue, I'm alright with my fleshy one, but I suppose I do analyze everyone I come across to see how I can be more likable in their eyes.
Not sure if that's a Slytherin trait or just a me one.

Must admit that I have a silver tongue and am able to easily bullshit my way out of any situation. But I wouldn't necessarily call that a manipulative art. More of a talent of creative truth telling.

@Relsey-TheElder

Must admit that I have a silver tongue and am able to easily bullshit my way out of any situation. But I wouldn't necessarily call that a manipulative art. More of a talent of creative truth telling.

My point exactly.

Deleted user

I honestly think that the majority of Slytherins in the book weren't good examples of a Slytherin because of their lack of people abilities. If you're trying to gain power the stupidest thing you can do is be cruel, sure you can think those things even say them behind closed doors but openly being mean, that's just stupid. I never really understood how JKR could make a house of ambitious people who activity attempt to gain power and made them the most disliked people in the entire school. No one who is actually ambitious would act the way Slytherins do in the books. All well, I loved them anyway.

Agree. Agree. Agree.

Cunning and ambitious does not mean cruel and heartless. It doesn't necessarily mean nice either, but it shouldn't be reduced to being known as "The Worst House of Assholes"

@StarryWolfy flash_onCrazy Procrastinator

It is way to early for this… but I have a thing.. and would like advice.
So… context..?
My younger sibling has been reading the Harry Potter series, and I have all the books. Problem is is I have 2 houses. So I have multiple copies of some books, (Examples being 1-4 and 6.) but not of other books, like Order of the Pheonix, and Deathly Hallows.
The last book, The Deathly Hallows, is not at the house I share with my sibling, it is at my other home and I've been promising to bring it to her if she reminds me. So… she reminded me. And I can't find the book. Like… CANNOT FIND THE FREAKING BOOK ANYWHERE.
So… that aside… TOMORROW, is my other little sibling's birthday…
Normally I come up with some kind of little gift for a sibling's birthday… like letting the Harry Potter obsessed one wear my slytherin scarf cause she's a slytherin. But I have nothing for this kid, partly cause quarantine, but also because I didn't think of it till now.
So…. my problem is.. is that thinking all that over right now… I feel like a horrible big sister….
Like… awful….
and I don't like that feeling because it feels just like some of the other mental self-bullying loops I get into sometimes…
Thing is… is IDK what to do about it…

@Fraust

I like to think I'm a decent person
But I'm actually a dick and people think I'm nice because I'm really fuckin good at pretending
I lie a lot, and it works to my advantage
I'm also ambitious (with certain things), but being rather depressed makes it kinda difficult to have motivation sometimes
I also like to think I'm very smart, and the "I'm unhealthily good at lying" thing is pretty cunning if I do say so myself
I'm not a Hufflepuff because like… I just don't really have any of the traits??
Not a Gryffindor because I'm a huge fucking coward
I used to think I was a Ravenclaw, but Slytherin definitely fits me better

Deleted user

My teacher: … Plays a critical role in…
Me, internally: WITH THE DM TO GUIDE YOU, YOUR NERDY BEST FRIENDS-

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Back to school it's time for my stress levels to go through the roof

Wait, school still exist?

Well, online school

Oh I already started that

So have I, we just got back from spring break.